Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TCSS emitters  (Read 2736 times)
Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« on: January 17, 2012, 05:17:50 AM »

So I'm thinking of buying an emitter or two from The Custom Saber Shop, since they're compatible with most Ultrasaber hilts. But when it comes to the emitters, do they have blade retention screws? If they don't, how will I be able to hold the blade in place?

Thanks for responding!

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:34:54 AM »

With TCSS, there's something in the order where you have to tell them to drill and tap a retention hole, and what size you want it, and buy a screw for it as well. I forget if it's something you note when you put your emitter in the shopping cart, or if it's a separate service you have to put in the cart with it. There should be something on their site or their forums about it I think, if that helps any...

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:36:05 AM »

Yeah, that should help. There's so many cool emitters; I can't wait to pick one out!

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:26 AM »

You have to get the drill and tap service(like $8 extra) there is a drop down menu for you to choose what thread size you want. If you don't you will get it as a solid piece and will have to do it yourself or find somebody to do it for you(preferably with a drill press).  Then you have to buy a retention screw (they have several different styles to choose from).  

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:42:13 AM »

Ohhhh I was too slow!  Grin

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 11:37:36 AM »

Lots of choices  again on how you go about it, the 10-24 thread is a good size & harder to strip out than the 6 0r 8-32, as for screws, the local hardward has them in allen style, stainless Which I like best) & brass. As Duff mentioned, a drill press is a must for a straight, square hole, & use a good cutting fluid with your tap (aluminum galls up & will stall the tap). As far as screws , I like to take a pair of vice grips, use the small bench grinder to get the screw to the correct length I need & then take a fine file to the end to round the end of the screw so the threads will line back up.

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »

Here is a pic of 2 style #1 blade holders from TCSS , I used 10-24 threads , filed a flat spot on top of each ( I like the screws to sit flush) from there i bought 2, 1/2" allen head screws & 2 neat little copper caps in the local hardware store, a little j-b weld to hold them together & voila!

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »

Thanks so much for all your help! And DarthCooper, point to you for the epic katana-style sabers. I love the tsuba on the wrapped saber.

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3

DarthCooper88
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 06:24:43 PM »

Thanks Darth Unobtanium, I found these tsuba online very cheap due to the fact that when they were made, the ended up being up-side down in relations to the blades cutting edge ( I would be really P^%$%d if Iordered one for a regular bladed katana & this showed up!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: