Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Swapping out electronics  (Read 3138 times)
ParkAir024
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: May 19, 2021, 08:22:27 PM »

I bought a Grandmaster Le saber, with basic electronics in it. I love the hilt for sure but after getting some other sabers from other places i would like to update this one. How difficult would it be to gut out mine and Replace it? Or can I send it to ultrasabers/someone to do it for me?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2021, 03:42:23 AM »

Its very easy and yes to both options. But Ultrasaabers will only install their own emerald diamond or Obsidian hardware.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »

Its very easy and yes to both options. But Ultrasaabers will only install their own emerald diamond or Obsidian hardware.
i was not aware UltraSabers would offer these services.  i do not see this option in the store - is it by request to customer service?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 05:21:21 PM »

i was not aware UltraSabers would offer these services.  i do not see this option in the store - is it by request to customer service?

Yes you have to email and request it. It ioften costs as much or more than just getting a new saber since they charge for disassembly labor and everything.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2021, 07:21:35 PM »

Yes you have to email and request it. It ioften costs as much or more than just getting a new saber since they charge for disassembly labor and everything.

This is 100% correct (as usual from firehand10k)!  Seriously, if you have any suspicion that you will want to upgrade later, I would advise you to either wait until you’re ready to spend the money, or, if you’ve already ordered the lesser saber, just order an ADDITIONAL saber that has everything you want.  That way, it’ll cost less (or only very little more), and you’ll have an extra saber lying around.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2021, 04:14:51 AM »

This is 100% correct (as usual from firehand10k)!  Seriously, if you have any suspicion that you will want to upgrade later, I would advise you to either wait until you’re ready to spend the money, or, if you’ve already ordered the lesser saber, just order an ADDITIONAL saber that has everything you want.  That way, it’ll cost less (or only very little more), and you’ll have an extra saber lying around.
if i owned stock in ultrasabers, i would say "yeah, do what he just said". 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2021, 07:30:24 PM »

if i owned stock in ultrasabers, i would say "yeah, do what he just said". 

Well, considering that I have actually done BOTH options, I am in a unique position to offer advice.  I do not own stock in UltraSabers, nor do I have any other sort of ownership stake in the company.  I find your accusation of bias or illicit enrichment on my part to be offensive.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 01:31:02 PM »

I find your accusation of bias or illicit enrichment on my part to be offensive.
you assume too much.
i simply do not understand how advising to buy a second saber is addressing the query from the original post.  hence, the stock comment as a bit of snide humor.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2021, 07:53:32 PM »

you assume too much.
i simply do not understand how advising to buy a second saber is addressing the query from the original post.  hence, the stock comment as a bit of snide humor.

Your failure to understand my thought processes is excusable.  In my head, it all made perfect sense, I assure you.  Let me see if I can “connect the dots” for you (because even if you don’t care (which is not clear at this point, so I am going to assume you do care, at least a little), I care enough to try to explain myself at least once).

OP asked how difficult it would be to gut the original saber and replace the electronics, or have someone do it for them. 

Having bought a stunt saber in 2014 with the intent to upgrade it later, then having bought a Diamond Fallen in 2019, and also having upgraded a Frankensaber to Diamond in 2020, I have encountered the same question as OP, and have handled it in two different ways— I have both decided to buy exactly what I wanted (with the purchase of the Diamond Fallen) and to upgrade an existing saber (with the Frankensaber), and I can say that it’s cheaper to simply buy what you want in the first place than it is to buy something that is NOT QUITE what you want, and then upgrade it later.

nunya
Knight Captain

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 08:59:47 PM »

Your failure to understand my thought processes is excusable.  In my head, it all made perfect sense, I assure you.  Let me see if I can “connect the dots” for you (because even if you don’t care (which is not clear at this point, so I am going to assume you do care, at least a little), I care enough to try to explain myself at least once).

OP asked how difficult it would be to gut the original saber and replace the electronics, or have someone do it for them. 

Having bought a stunt saber in 2014 with the intent to upgrade it later, then having bought a Diamond Fallen in 2019, and also having upgraded a Frankensaber to Diamond in 2020, I have encountered the same question as OP, and have handled it in two different ways— I have both decided to buy exactly what I wanted (with the purchase of the Diamond Fallen) and to upgrade an existing saber (with the Frankensaber), and I can say that it’s cheaper to simply buy what you want in the first place than it is to buy something that is NOT QUITE what you want, and then upgrade it later.
Well explained! 
i see that my last reply may have come across as argumentative - that was not my intention.  my snide remark was intentional but in a light-hearted way  Wink
Thanks for the time you gave to clarifying.
In this case, i will alter my previous statement to "i will buy stock in UltraSabers and say not to do what you did  Grin  "

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: