Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Work - Theatre Sound  (Read 955 times)
Ingénieur
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 02, 2021, 03:46:33 AM »

Just quick question: We are preparing a stage presentation of a lightsaber duel. For the sound to reach the audience, it will have to go out through the theatre PA system and that will require a wireless sound transmitter in each handle.

We've heard Bluetooth™ has some problems with this, but it would be the fastest and easiest for us to deploy. (We will do any necessary, though.) Time and again, Ultrasabers has been touted as the industry leader in custom lightsabers; would this be the place to go to have this created as well?

Sincerely,
Fang Langford

Darth Crimson
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

Imma BADA@@ SITH LIKE MY FATHER BEFORE ME

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 12:11:15 PM »

Like you said, it might require wireless sound transmitters through the PA system. I personally would use that option or clip on to your costume like the little mics Tv shows use or Youtubers. Whatever you feel is best.
Sincere Most, DC

"Your lack of faith concerns me, and that is often frowned upon by others"
-Darth Crimson

janx
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -21

Vote for Neutrality!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »

In the tech industry, if your stuff hasn't changed in five years, you aren't leading.

So call that a bit of puffery on US's part.  I've suggested BT transmission from the hilt to a receiver for your kind of situation, so it can be captured and PA'd for an audience. There's a billion ideas in that forum thread.

I wouldn't assume any vendor can/will do modifications for you, but you can probably find an electronics guy to do some work in your area.

If you have a way to transmit audio signal back to a mixing booth, open up the saber, and intercept the lines feeding to the speaker.  run that wire through the pommel and up the actor's sleeve to the transmitter box on their costume.

If you can't do that, can you tape a tiny mic inside the pommel and run that wire up the sleeve?  You might get more hand/sleeve noise this way as the actor moves.

Pommels are cheap and compatible, so if one needs a bigger hole to facilitate cable/mic, order some extras.

Now without any of that, consider saberguild and others put on shows without micing the sabers just fine.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 11:08:16 PM »

Note also that any modification of the hilt or the electronics would void any remaining warranty.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: