Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Spin Sound Creation  (Read 512 times)
RaubVogel7
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 02, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »

Is there a way to modify the settings on the obsidian sound board v3 to create rapid sequential swing sounds during twirling/spinning of the sabre?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 10:58:20 AM »

No, there's noting like that in the Obsidian settings, for any version of the board, even the latest release. The only thing you could do is make a spin sound and replace one of the swing sounds with it, but it would trigger randomly, even when you swing it and it wouldn't produce the desired result. Otherwise, you just get constant swing sounds when you twirl/spin.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 08:04:16 PM »

Is there a way to modify the settings on the obsidian sound board v3 to create rapid sequential swing sounds during twirling/spinning of the sabre?
Are you wanting to replace the current spin sound font to sound like a series of regular swings?  all the same swings or different?
this can be done in the previous obsidian card. 
Here is how i would do it:
  • find the desired swing sound(s) from existing config (or elsewhere)
  • open the sound file(s) in Goldwave (or some other sound editor)
  • For different swing sounds, copy and paste each right after each other to make one long sound file
  • For the same swing sound, copy and paste the same file multiple times to make one long sound file
  • Save that file with the appropriate settings
  • Open the Ultrasabers software and change the spin sound to the created file
  • Spin saber to enjoy the new sound

Advanced Tips:
i would underlay the idle hum sound to the final long swing file to give that better realness effect (if not already present in the source files)
i would also pad some idle hum between the swings to reach desired swing pace
you could also create a gesture to activate this sound font and follow up with movements to match (although i have mixed results on triggering gestures)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: