Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber no longer turns on  (Read 1248 times)
kurth7
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 12, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »

I ordered a mystery box awhile go with sound and the saber stopped turning on, I opened it up to notice the batteries had corroded inside the battery casing, I replaced the batteries to no avail, I assume this is just as simple as me replacing the battery holder, does this just require ordering a new one with speaker and I assume solder to the board, I am new to making any sort of changes / customization on this, any thoughts on this?

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 08:01:54 PM »

I ordered a mystery box awhile go with sound and the saber stopped turning on, I opened it up to notice the batteries had corroded inside the battery casing, I replaced the batteries to no avail, I assume this is just as simple as me replacing the battery holder, does this just require ordering a new one with speaker and I assume solder to the board, I am new to making any sort of changes / customization on this, any thoughts on this?
Hello and welcome.
In your position, my first step would be to contact customer service at info@ultrasabers.com (even if you are out of warranty). Put in all the details and they should be able to help in some way.

While waiting for that reply...
Make sure to use the same kind of batteries (probably 14500 800mAh li-ion) and fully charged.
Check the terminals in the battery holder where the battery touches for signs of corrosion or residue - clean off with a stiff bristle brush or something strong implement for scraping.

Changing the battery pack is no big deal.  The speaker mount and battery pack from UltraSabers in my hilt is an all in one deal so not sure the battery holder can be separated easily. The sound board on mine looks to be held on with double-sided padding or hot glue so it should come off with time and patience (and easy pressure).
the custom saber shop sells some components (battery pack, speaker mount, speaker) or one could buy the speaker/battery mount combo and be ready to go.  Though, the UltraSabers board may stick out a bit from the end so...take that into consideration.
Minimal soldering involved to attach back to the existing wires - give yourself plenty of wire length when cutting off from the original. 

Enjoy the journey

kurth7
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 09:09:40 PM »

Hello and welcome.
In your position, my first step would be to contact customer service at info@ultrasabers.com (even if you are out of warranty). Put in all the details and they should be able to help in some way.

While waiting for that reply...
Make sure to use the same kind of batteries (probably 14500 800mAh li-ion) and fully charged.
Check the terminals in the battery holder where the battery touches for signs of corrosion or residue - clean off with a stiff bristle brush or something strong implement for scraping.

Changing the battery pack is no big deal.  The speaker mount and battery pack from UltraSabers in my hilt is an all in one deal so not sure the battery holder can be separated easily. The sound board on mine looks to be held on with double-sided padding or hot glue so it should come off with time and patience (and easy pressure).
the custom saber shop sells some components (battery pack, speaker mount, speaker) or one could buy the speaker/battery mount combo and be ready to go.  Though, the UltraSabers board may stick out a bit from the end so...take that into consideration.
Minimal soldering involved to attach back to the existing wires - give yourself plenty of wire length when cutting off from the original. 

Enjoy the journey

Thanks a lot for this info, I have sent an email and will circle back to this pending their response.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: