Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
Author Topic: Injury stories thread  (Read 37453 times)
Vrakul
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

« on: February 02, 2012, 06:41:17 PM »

Hi all,

I couldn't find a thread devoted to sparring injury stories, so thought I might start one. Last night my little nephew came by and was absolutely blown away by my sabers, so we had to take them out back and duel. One great strike to the face later left me bloody with a nice gash across the bridge of the nose. What do you say to an 8 year old after that? All I could think of was, "Control. Control! You must learn control!"

Customized Dark War Glaive, Fire Orange/Red
Initiate v2 LE, Sentinel Yellow
Dark Standard Issue, Blazing Red (my Sith Apprentice's saber)
Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst (my Padawan Apprentice's saber)

"Ha ha ha ha, so I threw the senate at him. The whole senate! True story."

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 06:54:50 PM »

While your injury was tragic, your response was priceless.  Well played.

As soon as I saw "Last night my little nephew came by" I knew this was gonna be painful...

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:40:05 PM »

You must STRESS no head shots and no uncontrolled hard swinging.

dark side points please

Vrakul
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 35

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:11:42 PM »

I'm just glad it was me and not him that took a solid hit. I know he wasn't going for the head, it was just a wild swing that I let through. I was in a low stance so, instead of going for the arm/torso, which is what I'm sure he meant to do, it went right across the face. I have officially gotten my butt handed to me by an eight year old.  Grin

Later on, when there were a couple more kiddos out there, I supervised everything and stressed safety repeatedly; no head shots, watch your hands, watch your sister's hands, it's not a baseball bat, control, control, control! Your'e absolutely right, Vex; when they're 8, 9, and 10, with no martial training, you have to expect very little in the way of control. Inadvertent wild swings happen, and even when they're just clashing there are bound to be lots of near misses to little hands.

Customized Dark War Glaive, Fire Orange/Red
Initiate v2 LE, Sentinel Yellow
Dark Standard Issue, Blazing Red (my Sith Apprentice's saber)
Dark Liberator, Violet Amethyst (my Padawan Apprentice's saber)

"Ha ha ha ha, so I threw the senate at him. The whole senate! True story."

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »

Hand shots are about the only thing that has happened to me so far. Your hand between a heavy grade blade and an aluminum hilt is so not nice.

Bleu32
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »

Epic 10 minute duel against my friend who wields a staff saber.. ends with a bold attack on both our parts, except he ended up hitting me in the crotch.

Then, end of the night, we have a fun free for all that culminates with me taking down one of our sith, while another sith did a running slide to whack my side (perfectly fine, gentle strike( then the staff user from before swings in and somehow, does another crotch shot. Que laying on the ground, wanting to facepalm.

Thankfully I was fine, despite some soreness. I'm still lecturing him on controlling his attacks!

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 11:52:35 PM »

I've been stabbed in the eye, and took a pretty hard hit to the temple... no gashes but plenty of shiners and bruises to count for. Funny thing is... on both of those bad ones... I made contact first, and I got hit from my sparring partner's follow through!

Master Uilos
Resident Master
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 121

Snark Jedi

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 02:13:38 AM »

Cracked in the mouth by a metal hilt during choreography. Nothing broken, but my lower lip was cut up on the outside and inside.

And I chipped his hilt, too

Pedantic Lightsaber Philosopher. Stage Combat Junkie. Cranky New York Street Mage.

Master of the Snark Side of the Force

Long Live The Fighters

Envy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 02:33:23 AM »

Hand shots are about the only thing that has happened to me so far. Your hand between a heavy grade blade and an aluminum hilt is so not nice.
^^THIS

yeah thats about all ive gotten... bloody knuckle once...
I took an especially hard shot to the pinky once... thought i broke it... but i didnt... just a bad bruise...

Darth Unobtanium
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -33

You can run, but you'll just die tired.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:33 AM »

my brother got me in the eye. No joke. Since his entire strategy consists of "small wild swings and unblockable hard stabs," it was no surprise that he used his idiot-no-jutsu and nearly put my eye out.

Arsenal:
Apostle - BR Dark SI V3
Chaplain - SY Phantom LE V2

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 05:32:28 AM »

eye protection is definitely good.

derpmeister66
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2012, 05:35:47 AM »

Friend of mine has a custom made saber and in one of our group gatherings he snapped someones $20 hasbro saber.  The person didn't know their saber was snapped when they turned towards me, got a nice gash on my upper arm from it.  Besides that most I've had are some bruises and red marks. 

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2012, 07:35:06 AM »

Ooh I almost forgot one of my best injuries lol I was dueling with one of my buddies, and I started to bolt up to the deck. The stairway up to the deck is dilapidated. So it takes some leaping and such to get up there, so I'm sprinting up this stairway, and I managed to catch a sharp corner with my chest. Took a pretty good chunk out, I was hoping for a nice scar... but I never scar

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2012, 09:28:53 PM »

Hand shots, knee shots, took a couple to the head, the standard.  One time we were sparring and my opponent's tip came off when i blocked, flew forward and hit me in the face.

Oh, and I broke a rib once.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 04:31:16 AM »

I took an arrow to the knee.... seriously though, I've only had some busted knuckles and a painful strike to the unmentionables (thanks for that, SOTJ Wink).

no

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: