Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 542   Go Down
Author Topic: Whatchya Listening to or Watching?  (Read 1133988 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3990 on: February 19, 2017, 09:39:47 PM »

Lol I figured you owned them watching them at home  Cheesy By "cinema" I meant you have good taste in movies. I only own Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Princess Bride. Need to get those others, too.  Cool

I remember the first two dvds I bought was Blade and Goodfellas. Have amassed an impressive collection since then. Although I have decide to replace some of the dvds with bluray (depending on the extras features. Some of the dvds have really great extra features that I'm not sure will be on the bluray versions). Gonna take a while, but I'm in no rush.

Lost Boys ... Another great movie, particularly for the vampire genre.
Long before Twilight ruined the genre we had the excellent Lost Boys. I might follow it with Interview with a Vampire (another excellent entry into the genre).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3991 on: February 19, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »

I remember the first two dvds I bought was Blade and Goodfellas. Have amassed an impressive collection since then. Although I have decide to replace some of the dvds with bluray (depending on the extras features. Some of the dvds have really great extra features that I'm not sure will be on the bluray versions). Gonna take a while, but I'm in no rush.
I've done that myself with a few movies. It's fun now to buy movies on BluRay that I never had before, like recently I bought Wayne's World for its 25th Anniversary.

Long before Twilight ruined the genre we had the excellent Lost Boys. I might follow it with Interview with a Vampire (another excellent entry into the genre).
Agreed about Interview with a Vampire. I also really like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

That's it - I really love the Vampire genre and yet I don't own Lost Boys, Interview with a Vampire or Bram Stoker's Dracula ... How can this be?! I'm buying them without further delay.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3992 on: February 19, 2017, 10:18:39 PM »

I've done that myself with a few movies. It's fun now to buy movies on BluRay that I never had before, like recently I bought Wayne's World for its 25th Anniversary.

Actually, apart from a few releases from the past few years, I own all the movies that I want to, with a couple of omissions (like the extended super-dooper deluxe versions of LOTR. But I'll get around to those eventually. Mainly for the extra features).

Agreed about Interview with a Vampire. I also really like Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I remember when that came out. Annie Lennox on the soundtrack (great song). There's a reason they rarely do Dracula movie anymore and that's because where can you go after Gary Oldman's amazing performance in that movie? They tried it recently with Dracula Untold and that was a pile of poo.

That's it - I really love the Vampire genre and yet I don't own Lost Boys, Interview with a Vampire or Bram Stoker's Dracula ... How can this be?! I'm buying them without further delay.  Cool
You love the vampire genre but you don't own Lost Boys, Interview or BS Dracula? For shame, sir.
I also own a few cult classics of the genre too, like Vamp (with Grace Jones), Fright Night (original, not the awful remake), From Dusk til Dawn (because Salma Hayek, Juliette Lewis and George Clooney's tattoo), The Hunger (because David Bowie) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie (even though it's poo, it's fun as a precursor to one of the greatest tv shows ever).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3993 on: February 19, 2017, 11:00:13 PM »

😞 don't look at me, I'm hideous and ashamed.  😂

I actually didn't mind the Fright Night remake, but the original is still untouchable IMO.

Movie buying has gone way down for me over the past few years with all the rental and steaming options available but some movies you really like you really do need to own. I run a Plex server at my house and have converted every movie I have into digital .mp4 format so I can stream them on any device anywhere or download a copy to any device for times when the internet isn't good enough for streaming like at hotels or on a plane. We also stream them to the TVs at home through Apple TVs. Works quite well, and I have about 2 terabytes worth so far.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3994 on: February 19, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

😞 don't look at me, I'm hideous and ashamed.  😂

I actually didn't mind the Fright Night remake, but the original is still untouchable IMO.
Nooo! it was awful. All the subtly, humour and build of suspense from the original was totally non-existent. In the original, for large part of the movie, it is unclear as to whether the signs Charlie has seen means his neighbour actually a vampire or whether Charlie has an over-active imagination. The remake was just bad, IMO. I'm glad it didn't do well as it means they won't try to remake the originals sequel.

Movie buying has gone way down for me over the past few years with all the rental and steaming options available but some movies you really like you really do need to own.
As always, my decision as to which movies to actually own has always been quite strict, which is why I'm proud not to have any crap in my collection.

I run a Plex server at my house and have converted every movie I have into digital .mp4 format so I can stream them on any device anywhere or download a copy to any device for times when the internet isn't good enough for streaming like at hotels or on a plane. We also stream them to the TVs at home through Apple TVs. Works quite well, and I have about 2 terabytes worth so far.
My brother has done something similar (to reduce space taken up by physical media). Nice idea, except when we were all round his house at Christmas we decided to watch Captain America: Civil War. When he did the transfer he forgot about the subtitles. Fortunately, because I'd seen the movie I was able to explain to everyone what was happening in the scenes when they are talking in Russian or whatever.

I am thinking of doing something similar for some of my cult movies and the ones I own that I don't watch very often, but still keep the discs in certain genres (superheroes, sci-fi, black etc). Funny thing is, I find it easier to decide on a movie to watch when scanning my shelves than scrolling on a screen (same thing happens when I'm DJing. Had to upload the image of each track when I converted from vinyl to digital. But that's another story).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3995 on: February 20, 2017, 12:17:17 AM »

As always, my decision as to which movies to actually own has always been quite strict, which is why I'm proud not to have any crap in my collection.
Wise man 👌

My brother has done something similar (to reduce space taken up by physical media). Nice idea, except when we were all round his house at Christmas we decided to watch Captain America: Civil War. When he did the transfer he forgot about the subtitles. Fortunately, because I'd seen the movie I was able to explain to everyone what was happening in the scenes when they are talking in Russian or whatever.
That is so funny because the same thing happened to me when I first started converting my movies, in the very, very beginning, in a galaxy far, far away (had to say that  Cheesy) where my family and I were watching Avatar and noticed something was missing... hmmm, what is it... wait, where the heck are the subtitles!! What are they saying!! Lol. Truly an embarrassing moment for me. Some movies have a separate main audio track with the subtitles foreign languages already burned in while others you have to find the correct subtitle track that is only for the foreign language dialogue. The other fun part is finding the correct movie playlist on the disc when for copy protection purposes they put like a 100 different playlists on the disc and you have to determine which one is the correct one, otherwise the chapters either play out of order or some chapters are missing. I've got it down pat now, though. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3996 on: February 20, 2017, 12:23:02 AM »

Wise man 👌
That's me. Extremely wise (and pretty).

That is so funny because the same thing happened to me when I first started converting my movies, in the very, very beginning, in a galaxy far, far away (had to say that  Cheesy) where my family and I were watching Avatar and noticed something was missing... hmmm, what is it... wait, where the heck are the subtitles!! What are they saying!! Lol. Truly an embarrassing moment for me. Some movies have a separate main audio track with the subtitles foreign languages already burned in while others you have to find the correct subtitle track that is only for the foreign language dialogue. The other fun part is finding the correct movie playlist on the disc when for copy protection purposes they put like a 100 different playlists on the disc and you have to determine which one is the correct one, otherwise the chapters either play out of order or some chapters are missing. I've got it down pat now, though. 
Fortunately a lot of blurays come with digital downloads that you play on your phone or tablet, so I think I may stick with converting the less popular movies in my collection. Maybe.

Fortunately, I was so successful using my woodworking skills picked up from working on the building site for my dad's company when I was younger that I made two a large and small cabinet to house my comic collection and then a few months later I built something similar to house part of my movie collection. They double as functional furniture too so space is not an issue (right now).

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3997 on: February 20, 2017, 02:12:27 AM »

Vivectius, I have to ask you how you discovered these sad things, and why on Earth you would dig there in the first place. Tongue

Self torture?

I think I was looking through the horror section of Amazon streaming.  If you scroll down far enough, you find some disturbing things.

I'm going to go watch Robotech now.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3998 on: February 20, 2017, 04:04:11 AM »

I think I was looking through the horror section of Amazon streaming.  If you scroll down far enough, you find some disturbing things.

I always forget I have Amazon Prime, so I've never used their video content, nor any of their music. Shipping, to the max

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #3999 on: February 20, 2017, 05:46:56 AM »

Bring Me To Life - Thousand Foot Krutch

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #4000 on: February 20, 2017, 06:06:27 AM »

Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #4001 on: February 20, 2017, 06:17:09 AM »

Bring Me To Life - Evanescence

Bring Me To Life battle. Roll Eyes

Have you heard the TFK one? I like it better than the Evanescence one. I'd post a YouTube link to it, but YouTube doesn't have a good video of it.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4002 on: February 20, 2017, 06:26:05 AM »

Bring Me To Life battle. Roll Eyes

Have you heard the TFK one? I like it better than the Evanescence one. I'd post a YouTube link to it, but YouTube doesn't have a good video of it.

No I've heard it! I used to be super into them; even saw 'em live! I still like Be Somebody, Already Home, and Fly On the Wall but honestly? I think their best song is Rawkfist.

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #4003 on: February 20, 2017, 06:32:54 AM »

No I've heard it! I used to be super into them; even saw 'em live! I still like Be Somebody, Already Home, and Fly On the Wall but honestly? I think their best song is Rawkfist.

I like those 4 too. My favourite song of theirs might be Phenomenon, but that's a tough one, there's a number of good songs to choose from. Step To Me and Last Words are a couple of my favourite, and Welcome to the Masquerade was pretty good throughout the whole album IMO. I also really like Absolute and War Of Change.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #4004 on: February 20, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »

I like those 4 too. My favourite song of theirs might be Phenomenon, but that's a tough one, there's a number of good songs to choose from. Step To Me and Last Words are a couple of my favourite, and Welcome to the Masquerade was pretty good throughout the whole album IMO. I also really like Absolute and War Of Change.

I remember liking those last two, but I don't know if I could listen to them now. Thousand Foot Krutch has an incredible knack for going to the absolute depths of cheese, and then unexpectedly handing out a heavy hitting rock anthem. I think their hits make up for the misses but there's definitely a lot of their output that I can live without.

However, I would also say they're towards the top of their genre.

Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 542   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: