Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Form II: Makashi  (Read 4390 times)
Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« on: May 08, 2012, 07:46:05 PM »

okies people, we skipped from form I to form III, and i think i have seen form IV on here too. so... where is form II? 
(okay, i think i was the one who skipped form II, but lets not point fingers....)
so we know that it designed primarily for lightsaber duelling, and fencing is a great start, i assume. however, if someone wants to put up anything about this, like stances, strikes, Videos, anything, i would love to know, as im getting interested in this form.

Lucien, i KNOW you have a vid of this on youtube... hint hint.

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 20

Knights of the Lost Republic

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »

Stance: sabre held infront of face and flourished down to side pointing to the ground at a 45* angle

GB Aeon v3 LE
BH Obsidian Bellicose
LIGHTSIDE POINTS!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »

I was waiting for this to be created.  My specialty!

Here's a quick vid of some improv I did with Makashi:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEB3whKCFU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEB3whKCFU</a>

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »

Man put on the spot here... Well I was planning on releasing a re worked version of the first sequence for Makashi, but I guess I can post my first draft

*Note, I took a lot of inspiration from Dooku, so some of the flourishes could be considered a little too flashy for Makashi's standards, but here's my version.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SS3Tkvgaus" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SS3Tkvgaus</a>

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:48 PM »

Really nice spins there. Awesome video!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

ZequarX
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »

Muh fav! We did skip Makashi lol... Hmmmm

Anyways, Makashi is awesome but my hamstrings hate it... lol All those lunge strikes take their tolls Smiley

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

Light side points, please Smiley

"Dude I've been trying to get a hold of you all day."
"Oh, I'm sorry man, I was puttin up my Christmas tree!"
"Dude... it's July."
"Get the eff outta here?!?!"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »

Muh fav! We did skip Makashi lol... Hmmmm

Anyways, Makashi is awesome but my hamstrings hate it... lol All those lunge strikes take their tolls Smiley

Tell me about it!  After 10 years of fencing my knees are shot...

Definitely stretch before you use Makashi folks, especially if you like to use big lunges.

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 10:17:47 PM »

Nero, dude - teach me!

amazing stuff, i knew you would jump in. would like to spar you - but i live in the crappy uk... dont suppose you might be able to stick up a coupla instructional vids? or maybe one of ypu sparring...

lucien - you are so good, you scared the bajeezus out of the cat. saw this a few times on youtube, even before i found US or saberforum, was impressed then as well! sorry to put you on the spot though Smiley

keep 'em coming, folks! some gems on here already, and only been 6 posts! .... well, seven now...

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2012, 12:01:47 AM »

Nero, dude - teach me!

amazing stuff, i knew you would jump in. would like to spar you - but i live in the crappy uk... dont suppose you might be able to stick up a coupla instructional vids? or maybe one of ypu sparring...

lucien - you are so good, you scared the bajeezus out of the cat. saw this a few times on youtube, even before i found US or saberforum, was impressed then as well! sorry to put you on the spot though Smiley

keep 'em coming, folks! some gems on here already, and only been 6 posts! .... well, seven now...

Nah, I'm ok Wink  Seriously though, I'm just a guy who has been fencing for a pretty long time (around 10 years now) and has adapted some sword techniques (many learned from Artorius) into something of a lightsaber form.

I would love to post some more vids, especially instructional ones.  We ended up pretty tied up this weekend, so we never got to make any... but I plan to in the future!

Oh, and I LOVE having Lucien's vid to compete against.  It's so different, and yet still retains that Makashi flavor.  It's a shame he and I are on opposite sides of the country, we could make some awesome Makashi instructional vids together...

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »

Your solo vid is really good Nero as well as yours Lucien! Its nice to be able to take aspects from both you guys!  I can't wait to put my own twist on Form II and post it for you guys!

When you give in to yourself and overcome you fears... The rest is easy- Sid Rigel

"Dude... it's July."

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 12:12:08 AM »

Nah, I'm ok Wink  Seriously though, I'm just a guy who has been fencing for a pretty long time (around 10 years now) and has adapted some sword techniques (many learned from Artorius) into something of a lightsaber form.

I would love to post some more vids, especially instructional ones.  We ended up pretty tied up this weekend, so we never got to make any... but I plan to in the future!

Oh, and I LOVE having Lucien's vid to compete against.  It's so different, and yet still retains that Makashi flavor.  It's a shame he and I are on opposite sides of the country, we could make some awesome Makashi instructional vids together...

Thanks man! Your free form is something to be admired! I hope someday to do a meetup with many saber enthusiasts from all over the world. It would be awesome.

There are just so many facets to each form it's generally impossible to go too wrong, as long as you are encompassing the ideal of the form, and using sound techniques you're really on the right path.

ZequarX
Knight Templar

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 01:03:08 AM »

Tell me about it!  After 10 years of fencing my knees are shot...

Definitely stretch before you use Makashi folks, especially if you like to use big lunges.

Definitely Nero! Stretching is huge for parkour and basketball so I am no stranger to it lol... just wish I followed my own wisdom sometimes haha.

I've been playing basketball for close to 12 years now and I compare a lot of what I learned from basketball to Form II.  Footwork for basketball is just as important as footwork to a fencer. So maybe thats why Form II comes to me naturally, I dunno. But I do know that it is a ton of fun. I'm excited to discover new things just by practicing and working different scenarios!

I know my weakness right now is my balance. So I have been working extra hard on that; strengthening my core. I know I could learn a lot from Nero or Lucien! I also know you had said you might be heading down my way this summer, LK, but we definitely need to get together from one saber enthusiast to another Smiley

I liked seeing you start two handed on your intro there, Nero. Sometimes I forget that Makashi may favor one handed, but most definitely still uses two handed strikes, just in more of a quick, accurate cutting motion!

"Dude... it's July."

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2012, 02:53:42 AM »

I liked seeing you start two handed on your intro there, Nero. Sometimes I forget that Makashi may favor one handed, but most definitely still uses two handed strikes, just in more of a quick, accurate cutting motion!

Yeah that was actually pretty fun.  I typically employ Makashi with single handed technique, but that beginning part gave me a chance to show that you can use two hands and still get those small, precise motions.  In fact, the second hand adds additional control and leverage I find.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2012, 05:55:34 AM »

Yeah that was actually pretty fun.  I typically employ Makashi with single handed technique, but that beginning part gave me a chance to show that you can use two hands and still get those small, precise motions.  In fact, the second hand adds additional control and leverage I find.

And depending on what saber you're using, a second hand might be preferable to one.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:27 AM »

Man put on the spot here... Well I was planning on releasing a re worked version of the first sequence for Makashi, but I guess I can post my first draft

*Note, I took a lot of inspiration from Dooku, so some of the flourishes could be considered a little too flashy for Makashi's standards, but here's my version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SS3Tkvgaus#ws

Awesome video, Lucien! Really digging the robes Cheesy I know this will sound dumb but how do you spin your saber?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: