Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Overlord Project  (Read 1854 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« on: May 12, 2012, 06:35:13 AM »

I have a new project that I want to tackle.  I want to upgrade my Overlord Stunt to sound.  My Overlord at the moment has to following setup:

MLS Unit in Blazing Red.
Guarded Latching Switch
Li-Ion Setup.

What I want the set up to be:

MLS Unit in Sunrider's Destiny with Blazing Red Flash on Clash.
Guarded Momentary Switch (as I don't believe I have the set up to change the hole for an AV switch)
Obsidian Sound Board
Change out my current Li-Ion Battery pack for the Speaker Combo
Quick Disconnects on the MLS unit

The Spare MLS units I have laying around are Flash on Clash with Quick Disconnects.  Two wires go to a Red connector and One wire goes to a Black connector.

Where can I find the Black Connector or what is it called? In the past when I have ordered MLS units with QD, I have received a length of wire where I have both the male and female red connector but only 1/2 of the Black Connector.

The MLS units I currently have are also resistored.  Does anyone know how a BuckPuck will fit into the mix as I know they manipulate resistors to get the desired colors from the MLS units? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I will be very happy to post photos and maybe a video as the project progresses. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 06:44:54 AM »

I Emailed Emory a while back about Quick disconnects, and he said that for me to order them would be about $5 per set of QD wires.

I don't know for sure, but I believe that the Buckpuck won't affect the resistors on the MLS units too much.

From what I know:  It regulates the power from the battery to the board and LED and everything else.  So:  Fluctuating, too-high voltage, etc etc, goes in; steady power in the required amount comes out.  Should still have the resistors for color and such.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 07:47:15 AM »

Once again.  You are a life and time saver.  Dark points to you partner.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »

the buck puck will efficiently drive your LED with with the correct current to obtain ideal brightness among other things, but u need to keep resistor on MLS because they usually resistor a certain color on multi die setups to achieve the correct color, like with violet if u want DVA the will resistor a color to acheive that shade the same with bane heart, and also SY

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 05:33:25 AM »

Update 5/29/2012.

I am going to go super geek on this.  I will test for my 1st Brown Belt in Late June or Early July.  At that point, I am on the 15 month road to my Black Belt.  As with the Jedi universe, before you can truly be a Jedi Knight, you must build your own Lightsaber.  I will be converting my Overlord on video showing what I am doing with a before and after setup.  This is going to span my time with it over 15 months. 

Some extra things that I am going to do is do an LED in Artic Blue rather that SRD.  It was a ladies idea so that I will have all three Blue LED's.  On the Overlord, there are ten rings above the switch.  There are 10 Dans in Shaolin Kempo.  Every time I reach a Dan and pass, I'll add a Red piece of material to one of those rings.  I also plan to get a Blazing Red LED when I reach my 1st Dan so that I can feel a little power from the Dark Side as well.  I love the resonance of the deeper pommel that I have on my War Glaive so I plan to switch out the Overlord Pommel with the Classic Archon Pommel. 

This project will be a testament of my journey from White Belt all the way to Black Belt from 2006 to 2013.  A long time coming. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day here in the States.

Blue.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

Ok,

After doing some research on the forums, I have hit a small snag.  Need some help.  My current Overlord has 2 x 3.7 V Li Ion Batteries that go to a Blazing Red MLS LED without Quick Disconnects and has the standard Guarded Latching Switch.

My desire is to remove all of the electronics and replace with a 2 x Li Ion Setup with the battery pack/speaker combo that will include the Obsidian Sound Board 2.0 wired to a Momentary Switch and have Quick Disconnects in place to use my Guardian Blue with Silver FOC MLS unit from my War Glaive that is currently collecting dust in a drawer.  

I have read that since my War Glaive came to me from the factory with QD installed, it is appropriately set up so that all MLS LED's with QD will work in it.  What do I need to do to my Overlord to get it in the same condition as my War Glaive so that I can switch MLS Units with QD's without worrying about frying the LED's?  

1.  My research has shown that the MLS units are resistored to prevent this in one post.
2.  A second post says that the sabers with Obsidian Sound have a Constant Current Driver so that LED's can be quickly switched out when QD's are installed.

I don't want to set up the Overlord so that I am over resistoring but then again I don't want to fry my LED's.  Your help is greatly appreciated and I also sent an email to the company but with them being at a Con I am sure response time will be delayed.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 06:45:42 AM »

It has been over a month since my last post on this thread.  I have begun the video diary and the Overlord Project is 50% completed.  Feel free to check out the videos.  I am currently waiting for some more supplies to arrive so that I can finish the project.  This has been a great deal of fun along the way and I have learned much about what it takes to create a sound saber.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »

The videos are done.  Last step is to get my Black Belt.  I also plan to save toward a pommel and I could always use suggestions for my Overlord.

Thanks.

Blue

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »

I prefer the Gaurdian pommel for my Overlord.

dark side points please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: