Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Possible super bright saber  (Read 5059 times)
Xenex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« on: May 23, 2012, 12:05:10 AM »

OK just putting this out there that I have no experience with electronics so this is only an idea of mine ok?(so dont be too mean;D)

I was at a local car part store the other day and was meandering around when I came across the lights section.Here I found "blue vision" bulbs.I cant remember the brand or anything but I did see them in action and they were bright as!! I was wondering if these could somehow be retrofitted to an ultrasaber.I realise youd probably have to have a 4 aa battery holder and run on trustfires 3.7 volt batteries as supplied on the site (as well as a resistor probably), and youd need a longer stlye emitter to fit the bulb but could it work?

What are emotions? Truely to understand the nature of the force one must not have emotions...however to truely ultise the force one must understand them...lacking my own emotions I draw my power from others, I draw power from all emotions from anyone and thus am unbeatable...

Temple
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 90

Jedi Battle Knight

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:10:40 AM »

careful of your heat output....

A jedi Must sometimes prepare for war, and prepared we are ~ Temple

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »

In theory yes, but in practice it's a different ballgame. The experience I have with LED's is limited at best, but I've wired a few up, and I slept at a holiday inn last night... (seriously no one uses this joke anymore)

As Temple said, finding a heatsink that will accommodate for the heat output is going to be a challenge, also room also power source.

There is a reason the LED's that are being used are in use. They are the best for the job.

Not saying we shouldn't experiment with new stuff... safely I might add... I'm all about it! Just know that for every successful experiment... There were probably thousands of failed experiments. lol!

A link to the light source you're talking about would help if you could find it. Someone may have tried what you're thinking.

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »

i would go with an LED ENGIN all one color is like having 4 seoul P4 in one saber, as a matter of fact
i have an all red LED Engin that i will be wiring in series off a 14.8V battery back with a buckpuck should come out to the brightest red blade u can get will be posting pics soon

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:31:43 PM »

OK just putting this out there that I have no experience with electronics so this is only an idea of mine ok?(so dont be too mean;D)

Believe me, you are not the only one that is novice at electronics.  I learn something here everyday.  New ideas are always welcomed and there are alot of people that love a challenge.  Check out the threads about black blades on here and you'll see that many want a challenge.  

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Xenex
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 05:37:28 AM »

thanks temple that never crossed my mind~

master kane i think these are simular to the ones I saw http://www.lighting.philips.com.au/v2/automotive/productrange.jsp?id=1012961&app=car_&vp=white

and lols, not black blades again XD

What are emotions? Truely to understand the nature of the force one must not have emotions...however to truely ultise the force one must understand them...lacking my own emotions I draw my power from others, I draw power from all emotions from anyone and thus am unbeatable...

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 10:58:14 AM »

There are some issues...

cost...they are more expensive than high end LEDs
heat...when I say heat I mean to say OMG hot
power...12vdc and a pig for consumption
shock...these are not made for the striking shock of dueling

But for a demo saber these bulbs would be spectacular...bright beyond measure.

If these bulbs were $5-$10 then I suspect it would be worth the project process to make them work.

Light side points please Smiley

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 03:18:23 PM »

I could see you melting the inside of your blade with this thing....

Ninja-Jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 168

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »

the biggest problem as Relmeob stated is that it is fragile u could never use this in a stunt or combat saber, even the oil from your fingers can damage these , personally if i was gonna go with brightest blade get 2 buck pucks and solid color led engin, from what i have seen so far these are the brightest blades with the exception of Makoto's string blades but i might go so far to say that the LED Engin at Full Powah is the brightest blade u can get and can be used in stunt and combat saber. Will fit in Ultrasaber heat sink or LED Module, so u could put one in an existing saber if you know what you are doing or fit into custom saber with no trouble, this looks like u could damage it just trying to fit into a hilt

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 05:27:55 PM »

I have the answer that the thread starter desires...but honor and respect dictate that such things not be said on the forum...I am a professional fabricator and technician, so the things I know can detract from the business plan of Ultra Sabers...and that is just not cool.

It is one thing to talk out loud...but counter productive data is not ok with me  or the powers that be.

Safe to say that if you do not know the answer then it is beyond your skill/knowledge base...and that is no insult  Smiley

Xenex
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 11:24:58 PM »

By no means did I mean to detract from ultras business~ Im simply a white core/brightness fanatic Cheesy

As of such I shall continue my search for a way to make or get one ^^

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 11:31:52 PM »

Great attitude!

Best of luck and success!

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »

their is such thing as a laser saber now, they are to be only dueled with in a controlled enviroment (inside of a sealed room without windows)with special glasses, the warnings are many, they can blind planes , melt cat tires, take birds out of the sky, so on & so forth.....been thinking of getting one LOL Grin

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 06:28:49 PM »

their is such thing as a laser saber now, they are to be only dueled with in a controlled enviroment (inside of a sealed room without windows)with special glasses, the warnings are many, they can blind planes , melt cat tires, take birds out of the sky, so on & so forth.....been thinking of getting one LOL Grin

Ive seen the adds for these and Im not sure what to think lol.

Xenex
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 11:54:27 PM »

personally I dont think theyre worth it, for the price id rather retrofit a hyperblade into an ultrasaber, lasersabers dont even have sound !! *gasp*

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: