Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi-Sith Musician Alliance  (Read 15882 times)
wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »

Too many to list lol. When practicing, I'm pretty much always learning songs that use a lot of the techniques I'm trying to get better at. For me, I'm a metal head, and Metallica, plus Megadeth, are my main draws. I'm currently learning Master of Puppets. I was originally working on Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth but I couldn't figure out the 4th measure of Marty Friedman's solo for the life of me, so I took a break. Now I'm trying to get my down-picking up to par. Yeah, I'm gonna do it like James Hetfield and play all of MoP using only downstrokes Grin

My other all time favorite bands/artists that I also draw inspiration from would have to be: Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Racer X, Dream Theater, Slayer, Periphery, Meshuggah, Opeth, Slipknot, Stone Sour, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven, Jimi Hendrix, Paul Gilbert, etc, etc. Basically the whole nine yards.

Are you my long lost twin?  James Hetfield is one of my personal idols both as a musician and as a person.

Anyhow onto the inspiration.  I love music in all it's forms but if I could only pick a single genre for what inspires me the most probably metal.  But here's a list of bands and artists that really have ab ig influence on waht I try and sound like.

Voltaire
Iron Maiden -especially Adrian Smith's work-
Metallica
Megadeth
Two Steps From Hell
Audiomachine
Flogging Molly
Meatloaf
Black Sabbath
Dio
S.O.A.D.
Stefan Elmgren -former guitarist in a band called Hammerfall-
Joe Satriani
Ted Nugent -as a guitarist not as a song writer or the band though I do love Fred bear-
Tartanic
John Williams
Nightwish
European Folk Music, especially Celtic

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2012, 04:57:22 AM »

I might as well be your long lost twin Smiley James Hetfield is an amazing rhythm guitarist. His down-picking, timing, and creativity are second to none IMO. Metallica is also my #1 favorite band. I dunno how to describe it, but I just relate to them so much, and despite all the big egos and the big fights, they always manage to come out on top. Those guys are really funny and down-to-earth now. I love all of them as musicians, past-and-present. Plus their songs  have always been out of this world.

Oh yeah, and you like Nightwish? Definitely long lost twins now!

wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2012, 05:02:59 AM »

Listening to the Imaginaereum CD as we speak Smiley  In all honesty I can stand the whole Anette vs Tarja debates.  Tarja's been gone for 6 years now and her solo work is very good.  There's are some songs that Tarja did that I know Annette will never do Justice (I would've loved to hear THE SIREN live back when Tarja was with them) but I also like what Annette brought to the band and Tarja's voice, while beautiful and a diamond among lesser gems, didn't suit rockier songs to well.

So to make a long story short I like both singers and wish for the day when both can be in the band.

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:53 AM »

I totally agree. I hate it. People just can't seem to get over it though. I think they are both amazing to be honest. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. I highly doubt they can be both in the band though. Did you know the song "Bye, bye beautiful" was actually about Tarja?

wolfmetal45
Knight Officer

« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2012, 05:07:32 AM »

Oh I noticed that the second I got to Track 2 of Dark Passion Play  Cheesy (I'm weird and old fashioned, I prefer CD's to digital).

I couldn't help but smile since I knew the band was giving her a lyrical middle finger.  They definitely didn't part on good terms and with the hundred some theories about why Tarja left or was kicked out didn't help.

Sernpidal 25 ABY
Never Forget

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2012, 07:08:22 AM »

Sorry, was watching a movie with my dad lol. Also, don't worry, I do too, which is weird considering how I'm still only 17. Oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: