Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1490556 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5280 on: July 06, 2017, 07:02:02 PM »

I hate prop inconsistency.

I think US already got it right.

It's like the identity crisis with the Flex. In ROTS, it has gold buttons. But in ANH and that Disney abomination it has red buttons. Angry Make up your mind Lucas.

The prop originally used for Vader's ANH saber was lost before ESB, which necessitated a redesign. Considering budgets and how cobbled together they were from spare parts laying around the prop shops, it's not hard to calculate why they didn't have detailed plans, notes, and parts to do a 100% accurate recreation.

As for buttons, wouldn't it be expected for buttons to go bad or break off and need to be replaced after decades of use, abuse, and changes in ownership? I've had to replace knobs on my grill, and I'm not dueling with it.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5281 on: July 06, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »

The prop originally used for Vader's ANH saber was lost before ESB, which necessitated a redesign. Considering budgets and how cobbled together they were from spare parts laying around the prop shops, it's not hard to calculate why they didn't have detailed plans, notes, and parts to do a 100% accurate recreation.
You make a valid point here. But then was there, and if so why, a third made for ROTJ?

As for buttons, wouldn't it be expected for buttons to go bad or break off and need to be replaced after decades of use, abuse, and changes in ownership? I've had to replace knobs on my grill, and I'm not dueling with it.
OBK kept the Flex in storage for ump-teen years. How is it going to wear out?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5282 on: July 06, 2017, 07:33:52 PM »

You make a valid point here. But then was there, and if so why, a third made for ROTJ?

I'm venturing that it's because those grips were originally windshield wipers, and they rotted, and they replaced them with shorter ones. Mine don't last a summer. Or a winter.  Smiley

Those 2 aren't really that different. In reality, they probably just made the third one a bit more comfortable for the actors.

Again, it is easily explained, because it's not unreasonable to think that a user would tinker with something over the course of time in order to perfect it or to (again) replace parts that need to be replaced. Think of how many battles Vader's saber(s) would've been in. And, in AOTC, we see Anakin isn't very good at keeping his saber in one piece. He had 2 split in that movie, and he dropped one in the beginning.

OBK kept the Flex in storage for ump-teen years. How is it going to wear out?

Maybe when it fell hundreds of feet in Bespin and crashed into the metal structure? Maybe between then and when Maz came into possession of it. Perhaps when one of the other owners in that time broke it. Lots of possible scenarios.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5283 on: July 06, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »

Look in the history of Ultra Sabers thread in the gallery, cool stuff =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #5284 on: July 07, 2017, 02:51:30 AM »

On the note of the MHS build sabers.....
This is a fantastic idea. So fantastic, I've already directly inquired about it. Haven't had an answer, which leads me to one of two possible conclusions:
1) Either I have come to the same conclusion they have and realized that this would be a totally awesome thing to do, or...
2) they are ignoring the question as it has been asked about countless thousands of times and is nowhere near what they have planned.
My idea is to simply add an option to the purchase page of each saber, allowing us to select a pommel and emitter.  No fancy MHS designer, or anything.

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #5285 on: July 07, 2017, 03:01:54 AM »

I hate prop inconsistency.
Agreed.
It's like the identity crisis with the Flex. In ROTS, it has gold buttons. But in ANH and that Disney abomination it has red buttons. Angry Make up your mind Lucas.
Oo, hating on Disney.  Not cool, not cool at all.
+1 Light side point, enjoy.
I loved that movie, and will hopefully love the new one too.
May the force be with you.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5286 on: July 07, 2017, 03:07:07 AM »

Actually ESB has the two set of red buttons. RotS and TFA have a gold front button (though different) and ANH is just the unaltered Graflex glass eye. The
Disney abomination
version, is actually almost identical to the ESB version, except that goldish button which is a throwback to RotS and the ANH version.

Not even gonna touch on the changes made to the clampcard...

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5287 on: July 07, 2017, 03:35:29 PM »

I'm venturing that it's because those grips were originally windshield wipers, and they rotted, and they replaced them with shorter ones. Mine don't last a summer. Or a winter.  Smiley

Those 2 aren't really that different. In reality, they probably just made the third one a bit more comfortable for the actors.

Again, it is easily explained, because it's not unreasonable to think that a user would tinker with something over the course of time in order to perfect it or to (again) replace parts that need to be replaced. Think of how many battles Vader's saber(s) would've been in. And, in AOTC, we see Anakin isn't very good at keeping his saber in one piece. He had 2 split in that movie, and he dropped one in the beginning.
'Nother good point.

Maybe when it fell hundreds of feet in Bespin and crashed into the metal structure? Maybe between then and when Maz came into possession of it. Perhaps when one of the other owners in that time broke it. Lots of possible scenarios.
I said OBK. I meant OWK. Obi-Wan had it in a chest. How's it going to get damaged, and why would he tweak it? Unless Disney has another "brilliant" explanation story to unveil. I really don't care about how Maz acquired it. I want to know what she did with the hand. Tongue

Look in the history of Ultra Sabers thread in the gallery, cool stuff =]
Will have to check that out. Thanks

My idea is to simply add an option to the purchase page of each saber, allowing us to select a pommel and emitter.  No fancy MHS designer, or anything.
Too much site work. They could achieve the same thing by making an option in the MHS builder to start with a baseline model. Like say you want an Azure Reaper with an Azure Omen pommel. Ok, spec the Azure Reaper as the start. Or you could have the option to start from scratch.

Oo, hating on Disney.  Not cool, not cool at all.
+1 Light side point, enjoy.
I loved that movie, and will hopefully love the new one too.
Point docking is not cool. Just as you are entitled to love it, I am entitled to despise it. I love Disney. I simply hate what they have done to my beloved franchise. It was bad enough that Lucas went senile and kept butchering his masterpiece. The first batch wasn't terrible, but what followed was equivalent to giving the Mona Lisa highlights and a boob-job. <spew>

Actually ESB has the two set of red buttons. RotS and TFA have a gold front button (though different) and ANH is just the unaltered Graflex glass eye. The  version, is actually almost identical to the ESB version, except that goldish button which is a throwback to RotS and the ANH version.

Not even gonna touch on the changes made to the clampcard...
Yeah, the Flex for the most part remained the same overall, but details kept being changed.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5288 on: July 07, 2017, 03:52:51 PM »

I said OBK. I meant OWK. Obi-Wan had it in a chest. How's it going to get damaged, and why would he tweak it? Unless Disney has another "brilliant" explanation story to unveil.

Because sometimes s*** just breaks.  Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5289 on: July 07, 2017, 03:57:56 PM »

Just imagine US's business model if that was their excuse. Roll Eyes Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #5290 on: July 08, 2017, 02:37:31 AM »

*cough cough* Something or other Forge *cough cough*

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5291 on: July 08, 2017, 02:48:10 AM »

I said OBK. I meant OWK.

OBK, Old Ben Kenobi.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

« Reply #5292 on: July 08, 2017, 10:09:53 PM »

Too much site work. They could achieve the same thing by making an option in the MHS builder to start with a baseline model. Like say you want an Azure Reaper with an Azure Omen pommel. Ok, spec the Azure Reaper as the start. Or you could have the option to start from scratch.
Actually it isn't as much work as you would think to change the options on a website.  I should know, because I majored in web design.
Point docking is not cool. Just as you are entitled to love it, I am entitled to despise it. I love Disney. I simply hate what they have done to my beloved franchise. It was bad enough that Lucas went senile and kept butchering his masterpiece. The first batch wasn't terrible, but what followed was equivalent to giving the Mona Lisa highlights and a boob-job. <spew>
That is only your opinion, some would say the changes made to the original trilogy were necessary.  I would say that some were very welcome changes, and others not so much.  Take comfort in the fact that now that Disney owns the rights, there won't be any more changes to the original trilogy.
As for the prequel trilogy, well, they were good movies in their own right, yes they have problems, but name me a franchise that doesn't.
As for the new films, well, they are being made under the Disney umbrella, but still by Lucas Film.  If you want to blame anyone for the disapointment you feel for the new trilogy blame Lucas Film.  As for me, I welcome the expanding universe of SW that Disney is creating.
I have no problem with Disney and Lucas Film ditching the books, comics, etc, for a new canon.  I applaud them for taking the risk, and opening up the universe for new stories, characters, ships, weapons, planets, and so on.
Star Trek's stratogy on the other hand of bailing on the original universe and starting again is not the way to go for Star Wars.
Oh, and if I don't like a post, I will dislike it, be it light or dark points.  It takes a lot more for me to dislike a post than it takes for me to like a post.  So lay off Disney, and we won't have an issue.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5293 on: July 11, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »

*cough cough* Something or other Forge *cough cough*
HA! Cheesy  -1

OBK, Old Ben Kenobi.
Yeah. That. Of course that's what I meant. Roll Eyes +1 for backup. Grin

Actually it isn't as much work as you would think to change the options on a website.  I should know, because I majored in web design.
Then I shall leave it in your capable hands.....or someone's equally versed.

(I have moved our non-suggestion discourse to the Random SW thoughts thread. Join me, if you will.)

Sig by For Tyeth

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5294 on: July 11, 2017, 03:58:15 PM »

MHS version Bane so blade holder is more sturdier Tongue I heard the red thumb screw likes to come loose sometimes during hard dueling. A washer would help though too so, but just an idea on that

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: