Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1492215 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7365 on: March 13, 2019, 02:41:21 PM »

I'd like to see more original designs too. Though, I might be slightly biased, as the majority of my collection are Ultrasabers Originals, with only a handful of "replicas." Original designs are what set companies apart, more so than who can better replicate an existing design.

Plus, maybe some updates to existing original designs. The Standard Issue, Liberator and Prophecy are all stuck in the V3s, which are fine but they can't even take an Obsidian and an Emerald at the same time. The only one of those where length is an issue is the Prophecy, but a redesign could fix that. The other two (and all the V3s) simply lack the electronics space due to how deeply bored the end of the hilt is.

Agreed, with all of this. I would like new original designs along with updates to the V3 original designs like the SI, Libby, and Prophecy sabers. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7366 on: March 13, 2019, 03:23:05 PM »

I'd like to see more original designs too. Though, I might be slightly biased, as the majority of my collection are Ultrasabers Originals, with only a handful of "replicas." Original designs are what set companies apart, more so than who can better replicate an existing design.

Plus, maybe some updates to existing original designs. The Standard Issue, Liberator and Prophecy are all stuck in the V3s, which are fine but they can't even take an Obsidian and an Emerald at the same time. The only one of those where length is an issue is the Prophecy, but a redesign could fix that. The other two (and all the V3s) simply lack the electronics space due to how deeply bored the end of the hilt is.
Exactly this. I've wanted an Emerald w/ sound Prophecy forever. I know Diamond could do the job, but I haven't been impressed by that controller.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #7367 on: March 13, 2019, 10:51:44 AM »

The emphasis was supposed to be on "easily". I've seen replica sabers made, so obviously they can be manufactured. But one thing that makes Ultrasabers so great is that they don't cost an arm and a leg, 2 mortgages, and your first born. The problem I have with all the replicas US has been cranking out is that in order to offset costs from producing them, they have raised the costs of lesser sabers. (There are probably other reason mixed in, but I'm not opening that can-o-worms.) Keep that in mind when you're demanding more replicas. US has a reputation to uphold by producing combat sabers. So when they produce a replica it has to be combat grade. Otherwise some net loser will end up butt hurt and start ranting on YouTube that US turns out falsely advertised products despite forewarnings that particular models are not combat grade.
I miss the good ol' days when replicas were few, and the menu was dominated by original designs.
I would love some more angled hilts, and the Dooku would be a good starting point.  Again like I said they could go the same Route as Hasbro and create an angled saber instead of the curved hilt.  They've already proved that they can make an angled saber with the Mantis.  Now an angled Reaper or Scorpion would be cool.
All of the sabers I suggested can be made combat ready.
I could go for some more original designs, but I would still like some replica sabers too.
I do agree that the Standard Issue, Liberator and Prophecy could use an upgrade, maybe even some new color options, especially for the silver versions.  I need me some black, gold, red, or blue grooves.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7368 on: March 13, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »

The Dark / Standard Issue is a great saber but could definitely use a makeover to make it more interesting.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #7369 on: March 13, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »

The Dark / Standard Issue is a great saber but could definitely use a makeover to make it more interesting.

pretty much a V4 version. I like this idea.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7370 on: March 14, 2019, 02:50:02 PM »

I would love to see the SIs have a simple 15-20° R6" bend put in them. That way we could get a legit curved hilt. Simple and beautiful. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7371 on: March 14, 2019, 03:14:00 PM »

I would like to see the SIs with either the V4 or the V5 grip sections and some new changes like deep grooves or some other design so it won't look like a pipe.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7372 on: March 14, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »

they can't even take an Obsidian and an Emerald at the same time. The only one of those where length is an issue is the Prophecy, but a redesign could fix that.

Can we please NOT make every model balloon up to massive proportions.... I like hilts like the Prophecy specifically BECAUSE they're smaller, which I prefer...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -82

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #7373 on: March 14, 2019, 11:00:39 PM »

Can we please NOT make every model balloon up to massive proportions.... I like hilts like the Prophecy specifically BECAUSE they're smaller, which I prefer...

Yes please..

Try not!...do, or do not.. there is no try.

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #7374 on: March 14, 2019, 11:03:59 PM »

Also I wish ultrasabers would get better motion sensors. The market has stepped there game up and ultrasabers needs to step there's up as well..motion detection is very important when swinging your saber around. I expect ultrasabers to want to be at the top of the market..so do it!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7375 on: March 14, 2019, 04:00:09 PM »

The Prophecy is such a beautifully sized saber. And, I'm even a big dude, but that doesn't mean I want sabers the size of the Scorpion.

Son_Of_A_Sith
Knight Lieutenant

I AM THE BALANCE

« Reply #7376 on: March 14, 2019, 11:11:56 PM »

Almost all of their hilts are obnoxiously too big..they are incredibly built and look amazing so don't get me wrong on that. I just wish they were more movie proportionate and not so huge

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7377 on: March 15, 2019, 12:14:55 AM »

Agreed. One of the many reasons why all of my spinning sabers are original designs, they're not as big as the canon sabers

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #7378 on: March 14, 2019, 05:27:27 PM »

Even my Dark Sentinel and Dom V4 are a tad bigger than I'd prefer. I won't even consider some hilts I otherwise would be into, because they're absolutely massive. I love the Reaper as a Sith saber design, but I don't want one because it's huge. I like that there's a few 12" and under hilts besides just the Initiate/Apprentice hilts.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7379 on: March 15, 2019, 12:54:14 AM »

I have to remember that not everyone has large hands

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 583   Go Up