Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489231 times)
k0brakai
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Que la force soit avec vous

« Reply #2670 on: April 02, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »

I don't own a Mac but can't you use Boot Camp to install a Win OS? Also, there are probably PC emulators that can do the job (at least just for running Obsidian).

I tried to do this because I have Windows 7 Pro on my emulator but it does not allow me to change the language (i've seen on the forum that you have to change the language to english to be able to use Obsidian). So my emulator does not recognize my saber and not able to launch properly (I always have an error message). Well, maybe I can buy a new Windows but that's about 150 euros I would prefer to spend the money for another saber...

My sabers :
- Archon 2.1, sound + Emerald 4CH
- Azure Reaper, sound + Emerald 2CH
- Manticore, sound + Violet Amethyst.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2671 on: April 02, 2014, 01:47:44 PM »

See it that way: if you don't spend your money for a new Windows, you don't have the need of another saber because you're not able to configure the soundboard. So it would be better to first spend your money for a Windows version and then save for a new saber Wink Otherwise you have a new saber, but no way to change the sound - you'll be in the same situation again you're in right now Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #2672 on: April 02, 2014, 01:52:48 PM »

I don't own a Mac but can't you use Boot Camp to install a Win OS? Also, there are probably PC emulators that can do the job (at least just for running Obsidian).

Yes, you still need to own a copy of Windows and there plenty of Mac users that don't want Windows anywhere near their Apple hardware. Wink
(Which is why I own both.)

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #2673 on: April 02, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »

I tried to do this because I have Windows 7 Pro on my emulator but it does not allow me to change the language (i've seen on the forum that you have to change the language to english to be able to use Obsidian). So my emulator does not recognize my saber and not able to launch properly (I always have an error message). Well, maybe I can buy a new Windows but that's about 150 euros I would prefer to spend the money for another saber...

I see. Although in my case, it wasn't the language (English), but the regional settings (U.S.). It is when I switched from Sweden to U.S., I finally managed to launch Obsidian. Wanna give it another try?

Yes, you still need to own a copy of Windows and there plenty of Mac users that don't want Windows anywhere near their Apple hardware. Wink
(Which is why I own both.)

True, forgot about that Smiley

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

k0brakai
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 28

Que la force soit avec vous

« Reply #2674 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:11 PM »

I see. Although in my case, it wasn't the language (English), but the regional settings (U.S.). It is when I switched from Sweden to U.S., I finally managed to launch Obsidian. Wanna give it another try?

Thanks man ! It's working now ! I tried to change the language but it was "only" the set-up time I had to change, my commputer switch from "17h31" to "5:31pm" and it's now working! I just plugged my saber in and changed the sound on it ! Thank you very much for your help !

So my next suggestion is : we should make an official topic fall all the mac users out there  Grin

Thanks you again Sandman !

My sabers :
- Archon 2.1, sound + Emerald 4CH
- Azure Reaper, sound + Emerald 2CH
- Manticore, sound + Violet Amethyst.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #2675 on: April 02, 2014, 03:35:49 PM »

I may have missed it in the thread, but I would like to see nickle plating available for any of the "silver" sabers.  I have a nickle Monarch, and it is beautiful.  I think nickle plating on the Guardian would be incredible...also the Aeon, Initiate,...well, as I said, any of the plain aluminum sabers.  I'd even like to see nickle plating on the yari extensions.  Comments??

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #2676 on: April 02, 2014, 03:56:36 PM »

I may have missed it in the thread, but I would like to see nickle plating available for any of the "silver" sabers.  I have a nickle Monarch, and it is beautiful.  I think nickle plating on the Guardian would be incredible...also the Aeon, Initiate,...well, as I said, any of the plain aluminum sabers.  I'd even like to see nickle plating on the yari extensions.  Comments??

I do like the nickel plate on my guardian, and I do think it would be nice to see as an option on some of the others.
Conversely, the ones that don't have it as an option could be polished - the kind of polish you can get for car wheels, especially alloy, apparently works well - if the owner wants.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2677 on: April 02, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »

12mm AV switches.  It will take up less real estate on the hilts.  If you wanted to convert your Guarded to AV, you wouldn't have to drill your hole bigger. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Yetso
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #2678 on: April 02, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »

12mm AV switches.  It will take up less real estate on the hilts.  If you wanted to convert your Guarded to AV, you wouldn't have to drill your hole bigger. 

This

Current Sabers:
Dominix v3 SRD
Dark Initiate SRD Main Gauche

Wish List:
Spear: Dark Warglaive SY [Sound]
Staff: Overlord w/ Manticore Emitter DVA (x2) [Sound]
Dual Wield: Manticore w/ 3rd party emitter BR (x2) [Sound]
Bellicose AS [Sound]

Darinus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 25

« Reply #2679 on: April 02, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

Brilliant, I'd love this.

My current collection:
Initiate V3 in VA (lightly customized)
Phantom V2 in FO & CG
Dominix V3 LE in GB (grab bag pull)

Wish List:
Shock or Dark Shock in DVA
Manticore in EG
Raven SS in PO or BR
Guardian in GB
Graflex in AB
Prophecy in Undecided

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #2680 on: April 02, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »

I want them to bring back the nickel-plated Prophecy, I'm so jealous of the one James has.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2681 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:13 PM »

I want them to bring back the nickel-plated Prophecy, I'm so jealous of the one James has.

Same here. It looks SO pretty. Sad

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

order 66
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2682 on: April 02, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »

i think that ultra sabers should make a Darth Sidious saber that would be awesome

Yetso
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 5

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #2683 on: April 03, 2014, 12:12:36 AM »

I'm sure somebody has brought it up before. But I'd love to see some curved hilts like Count Dooku. Just one or two.

Current Sabers:
Dominix v3 SRD
Dark Initiate SRD Main Gauche

Wish List:
Spear: Dark Warglaive SY [Sound]
Staff: Overlord w/ Manticore Emitter DVA (x2) [Sound]
Dual Wield: Manticore w/ 3rd party emitter BR (x2) [Sound]
Bellicose AS [Sound]

Lord_Ravik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -29

« Reply #2684 on: April 03, 2014, 12:28:13 AM »

I'm sure somebody has brought it up before. But I'd love to see some curved hilts like Count Dooku. Just one or two.
I love this idea, Curved hilts have always had a unique look to them. I've seen a few of the mods but they require removing metal or adding a angled part. not as sleek or streamlined as I like

Unicorn Meat, it's like a strip club in a can!
Sabers I own:
(US)Emerald Scorpion (DVA)
(US)Initiate (Fire Orange)
(SF) Silver Knight
Ordered:
(US)Phantasm v4 (Green)
(US)Grab bag (Red)

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: