Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489249 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3660 on: October 26, 2015, 02:44:29 PM »

Get in line, dude.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Zant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Ruler of the Twilight Realm

« Reply #3661 on: October 26, 2015, 10:30:32 PM »

I think it would be awesome.

gl9999
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #3662 on: October 27, 2015, 05:07:51 AM »

Besides Ezra's lightsaber blaster, an Ahsoka Thano curved lightsaber would be excellent!

ChillyAleman
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 51

Chilly Light

« Reply #3663 on: October 27, 2015, 11:25:03 AM »

Would it be the difficult for Ultra to produce an  MHS choke that would be bent, allowing for custom curved sabers? I would like to see more curved reapers and it appears to bea choke that bends the saber in the pictures.

Darth Zant
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Ruler of the Twilight Realm

« Reply #3664 on: October 27, 2015, 12:09:36 PM »

Then there's Mace Windu's lightsaber.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #3665 on: October 27, 2015, 01:14:40 PM »

Would it be the difficult for Ultra to produce an  MHS choke that would be bent, allowing for custom curved sabers? I would like to see more curved reapers and it appears to bea choke that bends the saber in the pictures.

I think the issue is that the choke adds to the length of the hilt overall. You can't really put the LED or soundboard in it, so it's pretty much empty space (bar the switch) linking the two ends of the hilt.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3666 on: October 27, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »

I think they should release a curved saber that has a natural curve to it, not a 45 degree choke with two straight pieces attached to it, cause the Mantis is probably the least appealing saber to me that's out there since it doesn't look proportionate to my eyes.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3667 on: October 27, 2015, 05:04:59 PM »

I think it would be awesome.

It would be.

...an Ahsoka Thano curved lightsaber would be excellent!

I'd buy one of these.

I have seen images of a "curved" Crimson Reaper. Not sure if it was a customization or a proto, but it had the same elbow as the Crimson Mantis, and resulted in an even more angular looking saber than the Mantis. If you ask Emory, he might sell you the parts for a DIY build.

I think they should release a curved saber that has a natural curve to it, not a 45 degree choke with two straight pieces attached to it, cause the Mantis is probably the least appealing saber to me that's out there since it doesn't look proportionate to my eyes.

I've only seen 3 companies that sell a curved hilt combat saber.

The first does it right and actually bends the body, and you pay a hefty price for components and fabrication.
The second, has a nice looking design, but the only way it was achieved was to cast two halves and then fasten them together. Not what I would call ideal for dueling with.
The third is UltraSabers, and we already know what they did.

The issue with the curve is that the boards and batteries need a straight segment of body in order to be pulled out for access and needs to be easily repeated for mass production. US does a phenomenal job mass producing custom sabers, and an even better job getting them out to us in a timely fashion. I'm sure they could produce a hilt similar to guy #1, and it would probably come with a similar price tag. Now if, like me, you don't mind paying for quality, you could expect to pay US anywhere from $450-550 for something that isn't much more than a Mantis with sound. If they had the following to justify the production, I'm certain they would mass produce something like a curved SI. And I'm talking like a 30° x 6" radius curve. Something along the lines of Ventress' hilts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

BlindJedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2374

I don't need vision to defeat you.

« Reply #3668 on: October 29, 2015, 01:23:14 AM »

I have a count Dooku saber from years ago, produced by Hasbro. This design would make an impressive curved hilt.
 This design, has plenty of straight sections for the battery, soundboard, LED module, and speaker.

DarthJt
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 71

I am the Blind Jedi.

« Reply #3669 on: October 29, 2015, 01:34:16 AM »

Something I'd be curious to see from Ultrasabers is armor, similar but not the same as storm troopers, clone troopers, and so on.
 This includes helmets, I'd love to see Ultrasabers take on some of the more iconic helmets, maybe even with some light up features.
 And to top it all off, I'd love to see some blasters, be they rifle, pistol, sniper rifle, assault rifle, and you get the idea.
 I've been searching the web for quite a while and haven't found any blasters, or armor that I like. Given Ultrasabers customization features on most of their Sabres, what they would do with other attire, and equipment would be incredible.

I am the other Blind Jedi

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3670 on: October 29, 2015, 06:32:56 AM »

How about another more natural Obi-wan inspired saber like with the archon V3? Thin neck and mid grenade grip like the Arbiter has?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #3671 on: October 29, 2015, 07:08:48 AM »

I'd love to see a more light side based hilt that utilizes the same engraving techniques seen on the reapers.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3672 on: October 29, 2015, 05:11:54 PM »

I would love to see a slight redesign of the Bellicose and the Raven to support exposed blade screws.

Basically, I'd like to be able to take the blade off without having to take the blade holder out; similar to the Chosen One.

Sig by For Tyeth

Krovennan
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3673 on: October 29, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »

One thing I'd like to see is options for Claws to change the hole positions to fit on different emitters. Really, no more drilling has to be done, it's just changing where the holes are placed. Either change the holes in the Claws or change holes in the Emitters. I want to put SS Raven Claws on a War Glaive Emitter, and while they can be affixed, they overhang far too much normally. I'd like an option to make them sit flush to the Emitter.

Another thing I'd like to see is a quick release coupler. The coupler would screw onto the two hilts as normal, but by doing a certain action (e.g. pushing the two halves of the hilt together and twisting it 90 degrees) the coupler quickly splits into two. If my planned build goes as planned, I might get a second one later down the line, and the ability to quickly switch between double-bladed lightsaber and two single Lightsabers is massively interesting to me and opens up all sorts of possibilities for cool moments.Then you just reverse the process to reattach them.

Maybe we could have a Pre Vizla style Darksaber? I saw someone manage to get the effect with the normal blades, so it is possible, it's just a matter of the hilt and the blade shape.

Personally, I'd like to see more options in the How to Build Your Lightsaber Section. There are plenty of MHS compatible parts that aren't in the options for some reason. Let us have them Ultrasabers!

Maybe an MHS compatible version of the Dominix? The Dominix V4 (I think it was the LE version) was my original pick for a hilt (went with the Dark Shock), but I was upset to discover it wasn't MHS compatible. A version of the Dominix in MHS compatible size would be wonderful.

And I think that's everything.

Nekouda
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3674 on: October 29, 2015, 09:22:07 PM »

Has anyone suggested shotos like Ahsoka or Yoda carry?

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: