Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489280 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #4995 on: March 08, 2017, 10:52:53 AM »

I just prefer the look without it, more like the original design:  

I think they absolutely had the right idea removing the activation box from the upper grip . . . I just personally wish they stopped there.  It feels like an unnecessary design update and just adds something to interfere with my grip.

I'm aware the majority of everyone on here seems to love it - but just not me.

You could always replace it with a flat plate that you could bend into the shape of the grooves with some stamping tools and glue it from underneath so you don't need to put any screws through it. Or make a shroud if you wanted to go crazy. And then just put the switch hole in and hold the shroud on with the top collar and the switch Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4996 on: March 09, 2017, 01:33:01 AM »

Mandalorian Dark Saber if it could be done =] Design wise anyway. I know a flat hilt might be kinda hard or impossible to make then some kind of new blade type to match the whole design? I'd definitely be all over one for sure. I finally got to see Trials Of The Dark Saber episode of Rebels and really enjoyed it and respect Sabine much more than before and all Mandalorians

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #4997 on: March 10, 2017, 02:54:16 AM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

GIVE US PALPATINE'S SABER!

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4998 on: March 10, 2017, 04:01:27 PM »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

Ok. You know how US builds their sabers. So you get to figure out to get this design into an Initiate sized hilt. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #4999 on: March 10, 2017, 04:58:15 PM »

Ok. You know how US builds their sabers. So you get to figure out to get this design into an Initiate sized hilt. Tongue

Change the pommel shape a little bit, and take out the curved contour of the inner hilt, and it'd be easy-peasy.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5000 on: March 10, 2017, 05:21:23 PM »

Change the pommel shape a little bit, and take out the curved contour of the inner hilt, and it'd be easy-peasy.
I can see giving it a shroud. As you said straightening the main body and pommel. The emitter actually looks easily done. This might be easier done than initially thought.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #5001 on: March 10, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »

I can see giving it a shroud. As you said straightening the main body and pommel. The emitter actually looks easily done. This might be easier done than initially thought.

I think I've well and truly proven that you can make a very short saber which still retains good blade socket depth, Obsidian sound, and QDs...and they wouldn't have to make it much longer to have Emerald, as well.  All based on my experiments with Dark Menaces, of course.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5002 on: March 10, 2017, 06:25:16 PM »

I think I've well and truly proven that you can make a very short saber which still retains good blade socket depth, Obsidian sound, and QDs...and they wouldn't have to make it much longer to have Emerald, as well.  All based on my experiments with Dark Menaces, of course.
QDs might be pushing it. I think the real thing might be 8" at the longest.

Sig by For Tyeth

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #5003 on: March 12, 2017, 12:51:34 AM »

I absolutely agree with the idea of Ultrasabers creating Emperor Palpatines saber! It would be so awesome with the use of the Gold anodizing that they have.

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5004 on: March 12, 2017, 03:13:03 AM »

Yeah and IF this is in the works and you guys ruin my purchase of finally getting a Reaper then I'll have to get 2 of these and come find the ones responsible for this idea Tongue I'll seriously change my mind on a saber IF a proper Palpatine saber comes out though Tongue I know a few appropriate fonts that would go perfect on one =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5005 on: March 12, 2017, 03:18:05 AM »

Yeah and IF this is in the works and you guys ruin my purchase of finally getting a Reaper then I'll have to get 2 of these and come find the ones responsible for this idea Tongue I'll seriously change my mind on a saber IF a proper Palpatine saber comes out though Tongue I know a few appropriate fonts that would go perfect on one =]

Same here. If they release a proper version of that hilt I am going to be on it like stank on a monkey. My entire wish list will be deleted and it will just read "THE SENATE".

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #5006 on: March 12, 2017, 03:45:25 AM »

Same here. If they release a proper version of that hilt I am going to be on it like stank on a monkey. My entire wish list will be deleted and it will just read "THE SENATE".

Same here! I'm going be like a pack of wolves all over an injured bunny rabbit.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5007 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:47 AM »

But then just to add to the list I'll have to get the Menace and Reaper since its closest to a Savage Oppress saber I always thought. Just get a low pro pommel of some kind. Oh and a Chosen One to kinda have both masters side by side too ;o am I not right? Tongue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5008 on: March 13, 2017, 07:25:45 PM »

I absolutely agree with the idea of Ultrasabers creating Emperor Palpatines saber! It would be so awesome with the use of the Gold anodizing that they have.
Actually, I think it would look even better if they nickel plated the underlay, and bronze anodized the shroud. Shocked The real trick will be incorporating the gold around the emitter.

Why not simply call it the "Senator", "Emperor", or better still "Dark Lord"?

Sig by For Tyeth

MaestroZee
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #5009 on: March 13, 2017, 08:53:40 PM »

It should be called the Imperatus/Nox Imperatus. Fits the latinesque names of many of the Ultrasaber hilts and sounds recognizable enough.

Saber Armory - In order of purchase
Dark Prophecy V3 (BR) Obsidian V4
Dark Prophecy V3 (AV) Obsidian V4
Dark Initiate V2 (GB) Stunt
Dark Initiate LE V4 (FO) Stunt
(Other Guys) Sinister Prophecy (MG) Champion Crimson
Electrum Wind (BH) Obsidian V4

Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: