Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1489383 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5085 on: April 09, 2017, 09:10:36 AM »

So I had an idea for a contest and I'm not sure how well it would go. I know US does raffles often, but what if next time they do something different - a custom saber contest. Maybe every member gets one entry, or, Every order over, say, 100 dollars, you could submit one of your customized saber pictures for the contest, and at the end of the contest Ultrasabers could pick the best however many and hand out prizes? It'd really be a great chance for some of the creative people in the community to show off their work on some already amazing sabers, and maybe to give others some cool ideas.
Not a bad idea JdiKnhtJMH, but wouldn't that potentially make the less creative amongst us feel bad?  I hear ya on the inspiration bit, but think of that person with little to no confidence.  I'd be worried about harming that person...

I think it might be neat to see a few extra prize tiers.  Possibly an empty hilt tier or rewards points even.  Parts or merch...  Just a thought. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5086 on: April 09, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »

Merch?

bandana:

ball cap:

Cool hat:

Coffee mug:

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5087 on: April 09, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »

Yo send me a link to that stock hat. Would make a perfect bounty hunter/Cad Bane inspired type thing Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5088 on: April 09, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »

Yo send me a link to that stock hat. Would make a perfect bounty hunter/Cad Bane inspired type thing Tongue

I just snagged the pic off of Google images Zren man.

Try here: http://www.villagehatshop.com

I think they're called "crusher" or "beaver" hats...

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5089 on: April 10, 2017, 04:13:24 AM »

Might need a little bit bigger brim still. Wink

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #5090 on: April 10, 2017, 04:58:38 AM »

Not a bad idea JdiKnhtJMH, but wouldn't that potentially make the less creative amongst us feel bad?  I hear ya on the inspiration bit, but think of that person with little to no confidence.  I'd be worried about harming that person...

I think it might be neat to see a few extra prize tiers.  Possibly an empty hilt tier or rewards points even.  Parts or merch...  Just a thought. Smiley

It might also spur some people to do those customization projects they've been planning for a while, give them a good reason to do it. I think it could be an opportunity for a lot of creativity. And it would be cheaper to enter for people who dont have that much money to spend than a raffle that has a 250 dollar entree fee so it's more open. Someone could buy a standard issue and do a really cool customization on it and win.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5091 on: April 10, 2017, 05:06:19 AM »

I'd like to see a pommel that is sort of like the Guardian or Scorpion or Fulcrum/Lost Gray pommel, only completely without the spikes. So one that comes off the hilt a little, and is completely round. If that makes sense.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5092 on: April 10, 2017, 07:15:32 AM »

So like without the square/spike rings then and without the squares like the Fulcrum/Lost Gray pommels. I'd buy one Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5093 on: April 10, 2017, 05:29:09 PM »

I have been getting descriptions of the Prophecy from YouTube, and another thread I created years ago.
Below is the description I got from another user for the Prophecy.
Gotcha. The Proph is an older model and long over due for an update. With the proper tweaks however it could easily fill the role of Anakin's Ep2 hilt.

Sorry, I confused my sabers again, I meant the Archon V2.1.
Oh. Yeah.....Archon would be pushing it. Plo's hilt is actually a cross of the Archon and the Menace bodies. But I wouldn't put it past US to have this saber in the works, since its design isn't terribly complex.

Its not too too bad but smoother areas on the Mantis? Like the decorative collar and the bottom grip? I tried one in person, fell in love with it, but the collar was just a bit too sharp on some of the edges for me. unless it was just me? Tongue Or does anyone else experience this as well?
I believe they knurl the elbow to help mask the signs of bending.

It might also spur some people to do those customization projects they've been planning for a while, give them a good reason to do it. I think it could be an opportunity for a lot of creativity. And it would be cheaper to enter for people who dont have that much money to spend than a raffle that has a 250 dollar entree fee so it's more open. Someone could buy a standard issue and do a really cool customization on it and win.
They could just as easily start a thread where forum members submit their ideas, US pics which ones they think they can achieve (and/or sell) and then they could put it to a vote.

Although, I've never seen the Poll function used on this forum.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #5094 on: April 10, 2017, 07:06:32 PM »

They could just as easily start a thread where forum members submit their ideas, US pics which ones they think they can achieve (and/or sell) and then they could put it to a vote.

Although, I've never seen the Poll function used on this forum.

That could work too. I think itd be neat to have a contest that relies more on skill than on chance or how much someone can spend. I spend a lot on my sabers but I know some folks can only just get a stunt saber, I've been there before and itd be cool to let them get into a big contest too and show off.

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5095 on: April 10, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »

That could work too. I think itd be neat to have a contest that relies more on skill than on chance or how much someone can spend. I spend a lot on my sabers but I know some folks can only just get a stunt saber, I've been there before and itd be cool to let them get into a big contest too and show off.
I spend a lot as well. I only have 2 sabers without sound that I actually purchased that way. I also think it would be an cool if the winner received the proto as a reward.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5096 on: April 10, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »

So like without the square/spike rings then and without the squares like the Fulcrum/Lost Gray pommels. I'd buy one Tongue

Exactly. Just a perfectly smooth, round pommel that comes off the saber.

Mace Windu is best Windu
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #5097 on: April 12, 2017, 11:27:14 PM »

Have you seen the storm trooper lightsaber, I think that it looks really cool, maybe they could have a try at that.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

Ultrasabers I own (in order I got them)
Bane, BR , V4 sound
Liberator, GB, Stunt
Electrum Wind, Emerald, V4 sound
Dark Apprentice V4, GB, Stunt <-- Raffle Prize

All points are appreciated

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #5098 on: April 13, 2017, 12:30:19 AM »

I spend a lot as well. I only have 2 sabers without sound that I actually purchased that way. I also think it would be an cool if the winner received the proto as a reward.

You know what? If we can get permission from Ultrasabers and the forum mods, we could hold a contest like this ourselves. I could probably throw in the random hilt I got on my order as a prize. Maybe a few other saber-customizing experts and forum big wigs could join up as judges and offer some minor goodies as prizes as well, and then we could announce it and let people enter. Kind of a way to give back to the community and have some fun.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #5099 on: April 13, 2017, 01:12:15 AM »

Archon v2.1 with Diamond Sound arrived today

Not messed with it too much yet.

UltraSabers Owned: