Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153   Go Down
Author Topic: The Guns Thread  (Read 467964 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1755 on: July 17, 2018, 12:27:49 AM »

That is a nice piece of state of the art bang bang.
Thank you very much!
Let me first say there is nothing wrong with a Glock. Like Ultra said, they are amazing for just about anything, and like you said, what "looks good" is subjective. I like the look of Glocks, and I like shooting Glocks. Honestly though, I prefer shooting revolvers, and I prefer the looks of a 1911. That being said, I would still probably choose a Glock over either just because of how well they work.

And now to your modded Glock. Absolutely gorgeous. Very nice indeed. I know someone who would quite enjoy having a gun that looked like that (*cough*mybrotherwhoisintolawenforcement*cough*), and that Thin Blue Line trigger is awesome.
Thanks! And I agree with a lot of what you said. I love shooting revolvers also, first gun I carried was a S&W model 66 that my dad carried before giving it to me. Also the 1911 is just sexy, and the single action trigger is a thing of beauty, I have one in my belt as I wrote this. But Glock is just an all around very good gun, and this one is very special to me and not only because it was the first hand gun I bought fur myself. But won't go into this reasons here.

The Apex trigger comes in just about any color combo you can think of, but when you get it in the Thin Blue Line Apex donates $25 of the sale to C. O. P. S. Concerns of Police Survivors.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1756 on: July 17, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »

Awesome piece, brother. It came out real nice! I really prefer the gen 1 and 2 frames that didn't have the finger grooves. They don't just look better, but they feel better, too.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1757 on: July 17, 2018, 01:36:27 PM »

Awesome piece, brother. It came out real nice! I really prefer the gen 1 and 2 frames that didn't have the finger grooves. They don't just look better, but they feel better, too.
Thanks Ultra, I'm really happy with it. Yeah I don't care for the finger groves in some of the other Gens.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1758 on: July 17, 2018, 01:40:39 PM »

Another picture, just cause. My Kimber TLE II in 9mm with threaded barrel, this is my current duty gun. A Ruger LCP, this technically is my wife's gun, but it is usually in my front pocket. And if course my new old Glock 17.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1759 on: July 17, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »

Kimber....      *drools*

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1760 on: July 18, 2018, 07:42:48 AM »

Kimber....      *drools*
Have two of them, my other one is about 16/17 years old and I got a great price on it new. That gun is my baby! Will have to take all my guns out of the safe and get pictures soon.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #1761 on: July 18, 2018, 08:43:55 AM »

Have two of them, my other one is about 16/17 years old and I got a great price on it new. That gun is my baby! Will have to take all my guns out of the safe and get pictures soon.

Those old Kimbers have amazing build quality, which is why they are in such high demand right now. New Kimber, as of late, have been slipping in the quality department. I guess that's the price for trying to make their wares more affordable. Sure, getting a new Kimber for 600 sounds like an awesome deal, but they literally don't build em like they used to  Undecided

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1762 on: July 18, 2018, 10:52:48 AM »

Those old Kimbers have amazing build quality, which is why they are in such high demand right now. New Kimber, as of late, have been slipping in the quality department. I guess that's the price for trying to make their wares more affordable. Sure, getting a new Kimber for 600 sounds like an awesome deal, but they literally don't build em like they used to  :-
The Kimber is the picture I bought last year as new but it is 2015's model I think. So it is one if the newer ones you speak of. I also got a great deal on it. I'm not saying what you said isn't true, but I have been lucky with it and have had zero issues with it.

If I every buy another 1911 it will probably be a Springfield.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1763 on: July 18, 2018, 07:44:02 AM »

Mine is a Springfield, standard 1911-A1 originally but it has a match-grade barrel, spring guide, 'beaver tail' grip safety and knurled hammer.  Also has a custom trigger group.  Shoots like a dream.  My only quibble is that I wish it had the staggered higher capacity magazine capability, but its a standard 7+1, so I carry a couple of spare mags with me when I carry it.  Which is most times.   Its quite slim and conceals pretty well.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1764 on: July 18, 2018, 09:21:16 PM »

Mine is a Springfield, standard 1911-A1 originally but it has a match-grade barrel, spring guide, 'beaver tail' grip safety and knurled hammer.  Also has a custom trigger group.  Shoots like a dream.  My only quibble is that I wish it had the staggered higher capacity magazine capability, but its a standard 7+1, so I carry a couple of spare mags with me when I carry it.  Which is most times.   Its quite slim and conceals pretty well.

Nice looking gun, and sounds like some very good upgrades.

What is the Pachmayr piece going over the side? I assume it is part of the grip but looks like it is in the way of grabbing the side to rack it?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1765 on: July 18, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »

That's a shield to keep the slide lock lever and the safety from interfering with the slide.  It is mounted under the grip.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #1766 on: July 19, 2018, 10:58:57 AM »

That's a shield to keep the slide lock lever and the safety from interfering with the slide.  It is mounted under the grip.
First time I have seen one of those.

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #1767 on: July 19, 2018, 12:09:48 PM »

Just recently joined a pistol club here in Australia, and was looking at getting either a Glock 17 or 34, but after firing off some shots, haven't actually been overly impressed. I'm going to have a crack at the Sig Sauer P320 this weekend (if the club has one available), if not, then maybe a CZ P-10 C, or a H&K VP9

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #1768 on: July 19, 2018, 05:41:45 AM »

Just recently joined a pistol club here in Australia, and was looking at getting either a Glock 17 or 34, but after firing off some shots, haven't actually been overly impressed. I'm going to have a crack at the Sig Sauer P320 this weekend (if the club has one available), if not, then maybe a CZ P-10 C, or a H&K VP9

I like the Sigs a lot, I always preferred them over the Glock.  I think the Glock is a love-hate thing.  Most folks I know either love them or they dislike them.  There don't seem to be a lot of "indifferent" folks for some reason.   Same with the 1911, for whatever reason.  :-)

The main thing though is finding one you like to shoot.  Sounds like you're in a situation where you can actually pick one up and shoot it.  That helps a lot.

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #1769 on: July 19, 2018, 03:37:53 PM »

Sounds like you're in a situation where you can actually pick one up and shoot it.  That helps a lot.
Yep, thankfully the club I've joined have quite a lot of handguns in different calibres to practice with, so you can try them out before deciding to purchase one, as you can only purchase 2 handguns in the first year of receiving your licence, one of them being an air gun, and the other a small calibre gun, and both for range shooting. The handgun laws here in Australia are very different (a lot stricter) than the US - if you're a civilian, you can only obtain your handgun licence if you've joined a club, and 6 months after a nation-wide criminal record check has been done on you. If you have a history of violence, warrants and domestic violence orders, then you pretty much can't obtain your licence

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 153   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: