Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My modified Phantom V3 dubbed "Binary"  (Read 2850 times)
Lionus
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -29

Dark side points please!

« on: October 16, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »

I decided to build myself a double bladed saber with a single activation button, with a single sound board. I started with an Ultrasaber Phantom V3. I then bought a SaberIgniter R3 w/Truecolor, added 2 10W LedEngin RGBA's, used 2 18650 batteries which I soldered together to create a battery back. I planned to use 2 2w Bass Speakers, however that didn't work out as planned. I added 3 Illuminated anti-vandal switches. 2 vented couplers from TCSS and 1 3" extension also from TCSS. I also added a recharge port. Here's the video. Hope you like it! Grin

http://youtu.be/xlYk4jlX5mA

http://youtu.be/GI-dbT9w0V4

There are those that choose to see the Light in everything, and thus are ill equipped to handle the true being of the Darkside!!!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 03:46:46 AM »

I decided to build myself a double bladed saber with a single activation button, with a single sound board. I started with an Ultrasaber Phantom V3. I then bought a SaberIgniter R3 w/Truecolor, added 2 10W LedEngin RGBA's, used 2 18650 batteries which I soldered together to create a battery back. I planned to use 2 2w Bass Speakers, however that didn't work out as planned. I added 3 Illuminated anti-vandal switches. 2 vented couplers from TCSS and 1 3" extension also from TCSS. I also added a recharge port. Here's the video. Hope you like it! Grin

http://youtu.be/xlYk4jlX5mA

http://youtu.be/GI-dbT9w0V4

Hell of a mod Lionus! super impressed.

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 03:59:42 AM »

Hell of a mod Lionus! super impressed.

Thank you so much! Feels good to have one of your own appreciate your work! Grin

There are those that choose to see the Light in everything, and thus are ill equipped to handle the true being of the Darkside!!!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 04:00:35 AM »

Nice work on that, and great descriptions in the videos!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 04:01:45 AM »

Thank you so much! Feels good to have one of your own appreciate your work! Grin

It's a one of a kind mod! haven't seen anything like it on here.

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:24:57 AM »

It's a one of a kind mod! haven't seen anything like it on here.

I still wanna do some cosmetic work to it, to make it pop! Wink

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 01:14:04 PM »

Liked and Subscribed.  I enjoyed the video.  Very nice job that you did converting the Phantom V3.   Do you have plans to add a 2nd sound card or are you going to stick with the one.  I personally liked the synch features you have going for you there. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »

Liked and Subscribed.  I enjoyed the video.  Very nice job that you did converting the Phantom V3.   Do you have plans to add a 2nd sound card or are you going to stick with the one.  I personally liked the synch features you have going for you there. 

Thanks Blue! I am not gonna put 2 sound cards in. Although the hilt is long, the Dominix V3 is tapered on the inside from the pommel end to the emitter end. So there is no way I could get the Sound card w/True Color and the 18650 battery pack in one side along with the speaker, without coring the entire hilt... When you say synch feature are you refering to the double clash and blaster effect or the fact that I can use either auxiliary button  to activate my effects?

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »

That sounds like a good plan, Lionus, especially as you're going to keep it as a staff. It might keep things simple on the inside, but that thing is bad-ass on the outside! I subbed too! Can't wait to see what else you do with Binary, but it looks great as is!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »

Thanks Blue! I am not gonna put 2 sound cards in. Although the hilt is long, the Dominix V3 is tapered on the inside from the pommel end to the emitter end. So there is no way I could get the Sound card w/True Color and the 18650 battery pack in one side along with the speaker, without coring the entire hilt... When you say synch feature are you refering to the double clash and blaster effect or the fact that I can use either auxiliary button  to activate my effects?

Exactly the features I was referring.  I like the blades flashing in unison no matter what effect was applied.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2012, 04:00:12 PM »

That sounds like a good plan, Lionus, especially as you're going to keep it as a staff. It might keep things simple on the inside, but that thing is bad-ass on the outside! I subbed too! Can't wait to see what else you do with Binary, but it looks great as is!

Thanks eerockk!

Exactly the features I was referring.  I like the blades flashing in unison no matter what effect was applied.

I thought that if the hilt had one crystal and an effect blaster or clash happened wouldn't the effect be translated through the crystal to the other blade? IJS.. Wink

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »

So I finished sanding. So here are some pics I took.

Sorry about being Pic Heavy, I just Love my Saber!! Wink

eerockk
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 11:15:54 PM »

That is one mean lookin staff! Pic heavy is fine by me! You were right about the internal wiring that you mentioned in the video, Lionus. Kinda gives it that C3PO midriff look, so it's cool you left it that way.

So, point for authenticity as well as one for pragmatism. I'll have to wait an hour to give the second point, of course! Cheesy

Lionus
Knight Ensign

Dark side points please!

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:56 PM »

That is one mean lookin staff! Pic heavy is fine by me! You were right about the internal wiring that you mentioned in the video, Lionus. Kinda gives it that C3PO midriff look, so it's cool you left it that way.

So, point for authenticity as well as one for pragmatism. I'll have to wait an hour to give the second point, of course! Cheesy

I appreciate the love! Grin

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 12:05:39 AM »

Nice modifications!

dark side points please

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: