Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306950 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2012, 06:19:12 PM »

On Topic: Maintaining a line of conversation that connects with the OP.
On Topic RE Luna: Posting in the MLP thread.

XD

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

Whose render is it? Smiley

Darth Nekesus, although half of the force users are going to be using the same robe that's been giving me the issues, but I think it was the pose that was cuasing all of the issues. Well that and the robe isn't designed for this actual model I'm using, which may be causing it.

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2012, 09:07:12 PM »

Abeloth has escaped Shocked

Wait... what is on topic? How do I on topic? Grin
Venting and such, if your not venting then your giving support, if your not giving or venting then ...ya please read and leave.
Unless you want to vent or give support.  Smiley

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2012, 08:25:52 AM »

Sigh. I really don't like my guitar class sometimes. I have a quiz on Monday and the professor only gave us five days to learn several new exercises and songs. It's too rushed. I mean, if this was math, or some other subject, and if it was just basic review, then I would be fine with it. This isn't though; these are brand new things that I have to learn. It's also music, which can't be rushed like that. Ugh.

It'll make me a better musician in the end, but is that really worth getting bad test scores simply because I didn't get enough time to properly learn, memorize, and digest all of the new information?

Well, I suppose it is a college class and they do need to know if you even learn anything, but still, this is music that I'm learning, not some basic general education course. One size does not fit all in this case.

Happy to report that I got a 100% on my second quiz last night Smiley Had to do a written test, then play three songs (Au Clair De La Lune, Amazing Grace, and Will The Circles be Unbroken) with her. Messed up on one measure in the first song but thankfully she didn't dock points, knowing that I was just a bit nervous.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2012, 02:46:42 PM »

Happy to report that I got a 100% on my second quiz last night Smiley Had to do a written test, then play three songs (Au Clair De La Lune, Amazing Grace, and Will The Circles be Unbroken) with her. Messed up on one measure in the first song but thankfully she didn't dock points, knowing that I was just a bit nervous.

Congrats man! Point.

no

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »

Stop crying on Facebook! I want Facebook to go back to NORMAL!!!!!!!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: November 07, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »

Congrats man! Point.

Thanks Smiley

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2012, 06:40:52 PM »

Stop crying on Facebook! I want Facebook to go AWAY!!!!!!!

Fixed that for you.  Grin

I am not a color...

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2012, 09:53:59 PM »

Fixed that for you.  Grin

NEVER fix my posts!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2012, 10:38:55 PM »

Been in the library for pretty much the past 2 days studying for my LOWER DIVISION Global Politics class.

But of course, lower division is a relative term.

With the 3 books to study on top of having to know all the countries and their capitals of Europe and Asia, an essay question to research [which can be subject to change or modified] and a plethora of multiple-choice questions; I'm surprised this isn't an upper-division course which would almost seem more appropriate.

I'm sure that doesn't seem "all that bad" especially in consideration to 2nd and 3rd world countries and what other people may have to go through, but out of all the courses I've taken, this one takes precedence as being one of the most difficult.

I don't know why I'm stressing out about this.  I've done worse, I think.  I graduated from UC Santa Barbara with a Bachelor's in History where I had to write many research papers all the while progressing on a Quarter-System and participating on the Rowing Team, and yet this lower division course which is supposed to "help" me with my general course-work to being a Single-Subject Teacher is totally kicking my butt.

Seriously, don't listen to counselors.  When they said they "recommend" I don't take the CSET and instead take the coursework, I should have known it was all for money, which is what it seems like.
Counselor's don't know what they're talking about.  True many school districts aren't looking at the CSET and it does make sense to take course-work then just a test, which doesn't really prove anything, but it's hard to weigh that factor when the stress and angst take precedence.

Still though, if I had taken the CSET and not these other courses, I would have never had time to take Ballet, Social Dance, meet my current girlfriend in Economics, and just learn a plethora of knowledge about myself, my significant other, develop a more rigorous study method, stopped playing video-games like Minecraft or Heroes of Might & Magic, joined a Saber-group, engage with other people of the same religious affiliation, among a number of things I cannot even fathom, such as merely growing up.

So basically, the opportunity cost is pretty high, and yet, strangely enough, I'm almost better off now then I had I done my own thing.
As Phong once said from ReBoot: "The ReadMe of fate is a complicated file." Or something along those lines.

I just hope that all of my studying will pay off and I pass with good grades otherwise it will all be for naught and I'll be working at the local McDonald's down the street; or more appropriately, doing another profession / career that is a bit less rewarding...  Undecided
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:42:05 PM by Waxman » Logged

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2012, 11:07:25 PM »

That sounds rough, Wax.

I actually sat down with my college adviser today and she helped me out immensely. It's not the same thing as a counselor, but close enough Cheesy My counselor did help me out, though, when I first got registered for classes. I don't think they're all that bad.

In any case, a ton of my stress has been lifted today and I now have two full semesters planned out Smiley

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:36 PM »

Hah. I have two letters for you. J and C. We don't have counselors. We have a filing service with the word counseling office on the door. Their words to us at orientation were something akin to: we're not here to help you out or tell you what you need. You figure it out and bring it to us, and we look at it and file it. Which I never did. Even my high school counselor wasn't that bad. lol

I am not a color...

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 11:43:01 PM »

Hah. I have two letters for you. J and C. We don't have counselors. We have a filing service with the word counseling office on the door. Their words to us at orientation were something akin to: we're not here to help you out or tell you what you need. You figure it out and bring it to us, and we look at it and file it. Which I never did. Even my high school counselor wasn't that bad. lol

Wow. That's harsh.

reiperx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 71

Do you serve a purpose or purposely serve?

« Reply #88 on: November 08, 2012, 10:03:31 AM »

Today's work related venting:

I walk by someone working on an iPhone. First things I notice 1) he isn't grounded, and 2) he's using a metal screwdriver to unplug the batteries. I tell him that he should be grounded and should probably use the plastic pick we give them to pop the battery contacts up because it can start a fire.

The guy rolls his eyes at me, plugs in his wrist strap and switches to the black stick. So I talk off to finish fixing a computer. I finish up the job and walk towards the line with senior doofus on it. His wrist strap is once again unplugged and he's again using a metal flathead. I am about to again, repeat myself when 'BAM' his battery goes up in a huge flame.

So I roll my eyes, walk over to the cage and grab a new ESD mat and get it ready. I replace the now melted ESD mat and I take away all of his metal tools and he gets an attitude with me.

But I get the last laugh, I wrote up a nice little report on what happened and he's not coming back to work tomorrow. But god I hate people who think they are smarter than you are and then act like they didn't do anything wrong when they cause an issue.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2012, 05:04:43 PM »

Like for example, microwaving aluminum foil. Cheesy

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: