Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313421 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »

I have nothing to vent about today! This is despicable! Can you believe that things are going so friggin well, I can't have even one TINY little thing that peeves me enough that I feel the need to complain about it on the internet! God, this world is so screwed up sometimes!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2012, 06:07:06 PM »

I have nothing to vent about today! This is despicable! Can you believe that things are going so friggin well, I can't have even one TINY little thing that peeves me enough that I feel the need to complain about it on the internet! God, this world is so screwed up sometimes!

Did you just vent about not having anything to vent about? When in fact you did....

Ventception  Shocked

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »

Huzzah! I've been sick for three kriffing weeks now!

no

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2012, 08:33:28 PM »

Something smells.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Keiwanis
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 65

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

If I had to vent about anything It'd be about the state of teens Tongue
I'm a senior, up here in Kanahda. And I look around, and boy, it just makes me sad.
Life to everyone right now is eat drink and be merry. Who cares about grades, just smoke pot and drink til you pass out and wake up pregnant.
Bleh.
And so many people (Especially the cliquey girls) Are full of themselves. It seems like they've never had anything in their life to remind them of how grateful they should be to have life so easy, or if they do, they don't listen to it. I feel like this little humble but happy mouse while everyone around me is disgracing the name teenager Tongue
and one more thing, it just urks me when people can't get through 2 sentances without cussing up a storm. I honestly don't care if people swear, I choose not to, but it gets ridiculous after a point.

End of Vent

KEIWANIS BANNER

-Light Side Points appreciated Smiley-

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

Amen.

I am not a color...

kewlkev360
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 232

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »

If I had to vent about anything It'd be about the state of teens Tongue
I'm a senior, up here in Kanahda. And I look around, and boy, it just makes me sad.
Life to everyone right now is eat drink and be merry. Who cares about grades, just smoke pot and drink til you pass out and wake up pregnant.
Bleh.
And so many people (Especially the cliquey girls) Are full of themselves. It seems like they've never had anything in their life to remind them of how grateful they should be to have life so easy, or if they do, they don't listen to it. I feel like this little humble but happy mouse while everyone around me is disgracing the name teenager Tongue
and one more thing, it just urks me when people can't get through 2 sentances without cussing up a storm. I honestly don't care if people swear, I choose not to, but it gets ridiculous after a point.

End of Vent

Testify, brother!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

I read about a brilliant idea to put people of both sexes in the same self defense classes. It's brilliant because, let's face it, men and women would understand each other a lot more. Women would also be apply what they learn against male partners, which is so much more productive than pitting two women against each other who don't want to hurt each other. It would also help prove once and for all that women are not going to break if you punch them, that they aren't made of fragile glass, and that they truly can fight back if they know how. Men would also be able to finally prove that they aren't the enemy, and that women need to learn how to trust their male counterparts.

I said all of this and much more to a female friend of mine who is in a women's self-defense class, and she just straight-up laughed in my face. I asked another female friend and she just stared at me. I then asked a male friend of mine and he agreed that it would be a very good idea.

At least somebody agrees with me Cheesy

Not as much a vent as it is just a rant, but it's close enough.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:23 PM »

I read about a brilliant idea to put people of both sexes in the same self defense classes. It's brilliant because, let's face it, men and women would understand each other a lot more. Women would also be apply what they learn against male partners, which is so much more productive than pitting two women against each other who don't want to hurt each other. It would also help prove once and for all that women are not going to break if you punch them, that they aren't made of fragile glass, and that they truly can fight back if they know how. Men would also be able to finally prove that they aren't the enemy, and that women need to learn how to trust their male counterparts.

I said all of this and much more to a female friend of mine who is in a women's self-defense class, and she just straight-up laughed in my face. I asked another female friend and she just stared at me. I then asked a male friend of mine and he agreed that it would be a very good idea.

At least somebody agrees with me Cheesy

Not as much a vent as it is just a rant, but it's close enough.

It does seem somewhat counter-intuitive to have a women's self defense class with only women, when you think about it.  The stature and methods used by an attacking male will be much different than a female, not to mention that those classes are often designed with male attackers in mind.  I'm of the belief that this kind of split is pretty discriminatory, and while my tendency is obviously to avoid hitting women (darn chivalrous instincts), I think men and women should be regarded as equals in this matter.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2012, 10:08:40 PM »

I don't believe in hitting anyone, haha. Also, men and boys do need to learn self defense as well. Who knows what could happen on the streets? Another good thing is that, since a lot of females going into these classes have had... um, really crappy encounters with the opposite sex, they could also include trust-building exercises between the males in the class and the females in the class. They can slowly build that up before moving on to the actual self defense stuff.

I think it's a good idea.

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2012, 10:12:09 PM »

I like it. We should start one.

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:52 PM »

I like it. We should start one.

Hooray for female approval Smiley

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2012, 10:44:47 PM »

Thanks Smiley

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2012, 12:02:22 AM »

I really dislike how so many people take things for granted Sad My dad has been unemployed for over a year now, and he used to be one of the top workers in a computer company in California. When we moved to OR, the company even begged to have him work at home so he could stay with them. That's how important he was to them. Then they went belly-up, and my dad was forced to work in sales for a freaking stroller company. Yeah, he sold strollers for a living. Then his boss went all psycho and fired everyone, and my dad was one of the few people left before she fired him too.

I don't have a job either though. I can't, since I need to focus on college. But that makes me think about November. My birthday is on Thanksgiving, and once again, I am going to be doing nothing. I'll have no big dinner, no presents, and no family over, since nobody in our extended family lives in OR, and I have zero friends. Now, don't take me for a spoiled brat, because I'm not, but that is a really sad way to go. It's going to be the same deal for Christmas.

Then I turn around and look at all of the kids these days who's parents have awesome jobs and who constantly whine and beg for shiny presents, and can go to concerts whenever they want, and can do whatever pleases them. There is no worrying about money with those families.

Bleh. I don't mind being poor, it's taught me many great things, but I really wish I could shake some sense into people.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »

I know what you mean. I was at Wally World last night attempting to scrape together cheap snackage for the week with my old man, and right there in the isle is a stack of large doll sized robotic ponies for $99 Each. I'm trying to budget out enough food for the month, in the holiday season, and Wal Mart is charging a hundred bucks for a lousy robot toy pony that to most kids is gonna be a throw away toy. Heck, awhile back I was in Game Stop and saw a mom picking up her THIRD Nintendo DS Lite that year.... because her 3 year old son broke another one. Consarn it, when I was a kid NOBODY under 8 had games except for Candy Land! This world is seriously kriffed up.

I am not a color...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: