Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306806 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2013, 09:34:43 PM »

Good luck.  Believe me, you will survive.

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »

Good luck Hobbit.

In a way, that's one of the paths of life, to find out what works and what doesn't work, but especially in college.
Even though it may be hard, and at many times stressful and scary, it is those kind of experiences that help us grow and live another day to improve ourselves and possibly conquer it in the future.

For the longest time I thought I enjoyed Renaissance History.  In reality, the only thing I like about the Renaissance was the Renaissance Faire's and Renaissance Art.  The history, in my personal educated opinion, was one of the most boring periods [obviously debatable], but of course, it took me two C's and a D in three college level classes, one of which was a seminar, to realize that.

In the end, don't stop what you enjoy doing, but at the same time, it's important to understand your limitations.

I hope thing's work out in the end.  Smiley

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #227 on: March 11, 2013, 04:18:10 AM »

Okay, I told my dad. He was pretty disappointed, but was ultimately very understanding, as well. Unfortunately, brilliant ole' me decided to bring up another issue too, which is the fact that I was upset because he and my mom never taught me Chinese when I was a child. That's when things went completely downhill. He told me that I would have never used it anyway since we live in America, and then proceeded to make me feel really guilty for blaming them for it. I wanted to tell him that I'm sorry, but it's extremely difficult for me to swallow my pride around my parents, so I just left.

He is right about everything. I am an idiot, and that just proves that I never think anything through before I say it. I really need to fix that.

Anyway, I'm going to work extra hard now to pass Math and English.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #228 on: March 11, 2013, 02:04:55 PM »

Okay, I told my dad. He was pretty disappointed, but was ultimately very understanding, as well. Unfortunately, brilliant ole' me decided to bring up another issue too, which is the fact that I was upset because he and my mom never taught me Chinese when I was a child. That's when things went completely downhill. He told me that I would have never used it anyway since we live in America, and then proceeded to make me feel really guilty for blaming them for it. I wanted to tell him that I'm sorry, but it's extremely difficult for me to swallow my pride around my parents, so I just left.

He is right about everything. I am an idiot, and that just proves that I never think anything through before I say it. I really need to fix that.

Anyway, I'm going to work extra hard now to pass Math and English.

You're not an idiot.  You're young.  Young folks say things without thinking of the consequences.  It's actually part of the adolescent brain that doesn't turn off until you're 25 or so.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #229 on: March 11, 2013, 02:07:59 PM »

I'm making this a positive vent.

I'm flabbergasted at those who have gone out of their way,
to help those who are having or are going through a tough time.
Over all it has warmed my heart.
I hope that this continues and that those who need help will always find it here.  Cry
This is also the longest thread I've ever started, most of my threads die after 3 or 4 pages.
So I thank all of you that have posted, and have helped those that needed the help. I'm proud to call you all my friends, and hope that this Venting thread will remain open to any that need it.   Cry Grin

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #230 on: March 11, 2013, 04:05:58 PM »

I'm making this a positive vent.

I'm flabbergasted at those who have gone out of their way,
to help those who are having or are going through a tough time.
Over all it has warmed my heart.
I hope that this continues and that those who need help will always find it here.  Cry
This is also the longest thread I've ever started, most of my threads die after 3 or 4 pages.
So I thank all of you that have posted, and have helped those that needed the help. I'm proud to call you all my friends, and hope that this Venting thread will remain open to any that need it.   Cry Grin

In life, their is always a positive and a negative.  It is what you look for that makes the ultimate difference.  You may have started this thread to blow off steam of a negative situation but as more people began to see the positives, the thread became a positive force.  To me, there is very little good and bad, mainly just differences in opinions and points of view. 

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #231 on: March 11, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »

Trust me Hobby. You aren't an idiot. If I got a penny for every time I said something stupid or rude without thinking, I wouldn't have just gone through two job interviews. Along with that if I had a penny for every ten times I refused to swallow my pride, you might as well call me Bill Gates. It happens. Trust me, I don't think your dad's gonna hold a grudge for a silly mistake like that.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #232 on: March 11, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »

You're not an idiot.  You're young.  Young folks say things without thinking of the consequences.  It's actually part of the adolescent brain that doesn't turn off until you're 25 or so.

Well, I still have a long way to go.

Trust me Hobby. You aren't an idiot. If I got a penny for every time I said something stupid or rude without thinking, I wouldn't have just gone through two job interviews. Along with that if I had a penny for every ten times I refused to swallow my pride, you might as well call me Bill Gates. It happens. Trust me, I don't think your dad's gonna hold a grudge for a silly mistake like that.

Thanks for the reassurance. True, he doesn't hold grudges, thankfully.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #233 on: March 11, 2013, 09:29:09 PM »

@Kitsune:  I am hearing and feeling you at the same time.  I have been there and it does grate on your nerves and will eventually turn you into the biggest cynic.  I'll do my very best to help you through this before you become 38 and finally realize what you have missed.  To disarm your opponent, sometimes you have to go with them.  If they punch forward, you learn away in the opposite direction.  When you are called lazy, just say "Yes I am" and wait for the next insult.  Before long, you realize that all your grandmother and family are throwing at you are just words.  Look up George Carlin and the seven words on youtube.  It was a comedy routine but his comments about words are what brought me to the point that I can now pretty much endure a plethora of insults will very little concern. 

Everyone makes mistakes and unless you have been given a life sentence, the punishment cannot last (or should it last) forever.  I have been exactly where you are and I still clash with some family members to this day.  What I can say is that when I became a father, I knew what my daughter should not be exposed to on a daily basis and I have made many efforts to prevent that from happening.  This experience will make you a great leader one day.  It sux big time to be going through it now but when you have that "black belt" of surviving insults in your arsenal, you will be a resource to help others along the way.

We are here for you.  One last thought:  Jobs don't describe you as a person.  Only you can do that.

Blue

Honestly I am well weathered for what they due to me. It isn't just insults. I've been blatantly told that I am not appreciated, and that I am unloved. My mother is less vile, but she takes my grandmother's side because she can't do anything about it. However after so long, it's time to stop. While I can sit and wait it out, I am getting too old for the disrespect. I've made mistakes like any other person does in their life and existance, but I'm treated like shell. If I could move out of this nonsense I would, but I can't because I do not have the capability to support myself yet, nor do I have anybody to go to temporarily for assistance. The money, I wouldn't have any. The only reason I stick through this bullcrap is because I am in college, and I MUST finish it so that I can be appeased with my future and feel the gratification of success in my life.

It's a long and tough road, and I tread over it in bare feet. But sometimes, it just gets to me. But believe me I appreciate the words of comfort, because I need them sometimes. I have the willpower, but I lack the self-esteem.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2013, 12:53:03 AM »

Not to be rude, but your grandmother sounds like she may be B.P.D. and I support you 100% that as soon as you get the chance to get out, get out.  No one, and I do mean no one, should ever be told they are unloved.  That is a blatant lie if I have ever heard one.  Sounds like grandmother is trying to be a manipulator and she has apparently succeeded with your mom. 

Really sorry to hear you are in that situation.  To show you that you are loved, I am awarding you a dark side point for your tenacity in this situation.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2013, 01:09:29 AM »

In the words of the sith:

Peace is a lie! There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
With Victory, my Chains are Broken!
The Force shall set me Free!

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »

Would anyone be overly offended if I vent about a few vegans I know later?

no

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:22 PM »

Since you will be commenting on specific vegans and not vegans in general, I'm sure that won't be an issue.  Grin

<--- not a vegan
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:52:19 PM by eerockk » Logged

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

rezeb360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2013, 11:45:55 AM »

In life, their is always a positive and a negative.  It is what you look for that makes the ultimate difference.  You may have started this thread to blow off steam of a negative situation but as more people began to see the positives, the thread became a positive force.  To me, there is very little good and bad, mainly just differences in opinions and points of view. 
Very well put, it's kind of like this.

In the words of the sith:
Peace is a lie! There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
With Victory, my Chains are Broken!
The Force shall set me Free!

But I see this ^, as a lie from ones self. Passion can always lead you to some thing that will give you strength.  Strength can give you power, but always at a cost. The cost might break your chains, but it is an empty victory. Only "The Force" shall set you free.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #239 on: March 14, 2013, 07:21:17 PM »

No skin off my nose.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: