Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313320 times)
Saint
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 211

"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you..."

« Reply #300 on: April 12, 2013, 01:11:59 AM »

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!  Thanks Ee!

Obsidians in order of acquisition...
Graflex CE;  Guardian;  Dark Monarch Staff;  Consu-Lord CE;  Malice #1;  Archon;  Dark Arbiter;  Overlord;  Graflex SE;  Malice#2;  Shock LE;  Dark Liberator;  Dark Catalyst; Prophecy;  Scorpion

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2013, 02:23:25 AM »

As the wife, kid, and I were heading to shop for groceries today, I took my dogs outside to pee.  A neighbor's dog jumped the smallest one and swung him around like a chew toy.  Upon initial inspection, I only saw 2 puncture wounds but my wife kept insisting that I take him to the Emergency Vet.  I am glad that I did. 

The vet shaved Sam to get a better look at the wounds and we discovered a total of 8 puncture wounds.  One of the wounds was herniating.  I got to assist with the surgery that followed and learned first hand the damage that dogs can do to each other.  Sam's peritoneal cavity was torn and he has small intestine and spleen sticking through the rip. 

During the surgery, his heart stopped once and a quick dose of atropine sulfate brought him back to us.  He is currently sleeping off the affects of anesthesia at the vet's home and getting regular doses of antibiotics and pain medications.

I do miss him but I was super thankful that my neighbor took the time to train the dog to respond to basic commands.  When ordered to drop Sam, the dog obeyed and backed off.  I would probably be burying Sam in two pieces had this dog not had some training. 

I get very angry when people do not take the time to properly train animals and exercise them.  The training of the dog may have saved Sam's life but if she had been exercised rather than allowed to run within an invisible fence, this would not have happened. 

Power breeds require a lot of work.  I don't know why people believe they can own a power breed and not take the time to exercise.  What eventually happens is that the dog has so much pent energy that they explode on someone and eventually get put down due to owner negligence. 

Sam weighs 7 pounds.  The dog that attacked him weighed 70 pounds. 

I lost a dog when my daughter was 30 days old due to an incompetent surgeon giving the wrong anesthesia.  I was having huge flashbacks to that day when I sat in the vet's office.  I don't know why the vet asked me to assist but I am glad he did.  I swore an oath to my animals that I would never leave their side and I kept that oath through it all today. 

I cannot vent anywhere else but here on Saberforum.  I told several people that the visit was no big deal to keep peace with my neighbors and prevent my wife from having to relive another nightmare. 

I don't want to have to deal with this type of stress or burden for at least 7 years.  I am keeping an unusual calm demeanor when I want to explode and destroy. 

Thanks for reading and providing a place to vent.  Heading to bed.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2013, 02:26:34 AM »

As the wife, kid, and I were heading to shop for groceries today, I took my dogs outside to pee.  A neighbor's dog jumped the smallest one and swung him around like a chew toy.  Upon initial inspection, I only saw 2 puncture wounds but my wife kept insisting that I take him to the Emergency Vet.  I am glad that I did. 

The vet shaved Sam to get a better look at the wounds and we discovered a total of 8 puncture wounds.  One of the wounds was herniating.  I got to assist with the surgery that followed and learned first hand the damage that dogs can do to each other.  Sam's peritoneal cavity was torn and he has small intestine and spleen sticking through the rip. 

During the surgery, his heart stopped once and a quick dose of atropine sulfate brought him back to us.  He is currently sleeping off the affects of anesthesia at the vet's home and getting regular doses of antibiotics and pain medications.

I do miss him but I was super thankful that my neighbor took the time to train the dog to respond to basic commands.  When ordered to drop Sam, the dog obeyed and backed off.  I would probably be burying Sam in two pieces had this dog not had some training. 

I get very angry when people do not take the time to properly train animals and exercise them.  The training of the dog may have saved Sam's life but if she had been exercised rather than allowed to run within an invisible fence, this would not have happened. 

Power breeds require a lot of work.  I don't know why people believe they can own a power breed and not take the time to exercise.  What eventually happens is that the dog has so much pent energy that they explode on someone and eventually get put down due to owner negligence. 

Sam weighs 7 pounds.  The dog that attacked him weighed 70 pounds. 

I lost a dog when my daughter was 30 days old due to an incompetent surgeon giving the wrong anesthesia.  I was having huge flashbacks to that day when I sat in the vet's office.  I don't know why the vet asked me to assist but I am glad he did.  I swore an oath to my animals that I would never leave their side and I kept that oath through it all today. 

I cannot vent anywhere else but here on Saberforum.  I told several people that the visit was no big deal to keep peace with my neighbors and prevent my wife from having to relive another nightmare. 

I don't want to have to deal with this type of stress or burden for at least 7 years.  I am keeping an unusual calm demeanor when I want to explode and destroy. 

Thanks for reading and providing a place to vent.  Heading to bed.

Blue

Hey Blue, I'm glad Sam wasn't hurt more than he was. That's an absolutely awful day to live through. Take care of your buddy and get him feeling better Smiley

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2013, 02:33:33 AM »

Sorry  that had to happen to your doggie Cry hope he gets better soon

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

Ricos
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -48

“I find your lack of faith disturbing.”

« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:11 AM »

I know how you feel blue!! My old dog George accidentally got out the gate and darted across the street. We spent the rest of the day at the emergency vet. Had to have surgery on his rear hip. And the nursing him back to health the fallowing weeks. Are pets are members of are family. It hurts when when something like that happens! I hope little Sam gets better soon!!!

Bellicose DVA...Obsidian
Overlord BR...Obsidian
Overlord BR
Dominix LE v3 CG
Dark Initiate v2 GB...son
Initiate LE v3 CG...nephew
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 AS...son

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #305 on: April 15, 2013, 03:18:55 AM »

Poor Sam. Thoughts are with ya, Blue.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #306 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:04 AM »

My CIS (Computer Information Systems) class has such pointless quizzes. They are taken online, and all of the questions can be answered with the textbook. The quizzes are also 2 hours long each, so you can take your time looking up all of the answers. You can also retake each quiz once, so if you fail on the first try, you can still get an A. So there is no point in taking notes, or doing anything, really. They even tell you what you got wrong after the first attempt, so you can just write down the correct answers for the next attempt (they are all multiple-choice questions).

Ugh.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #307 on: April 15, 2013, 02:12:04 PM »

Hope your dog heals quickly blue, I'm sorry your little buddy got attacked like that. They can be pretty hardy, I'm sure he'll come thru fine.

hobbit- I hate pointless classes like that! It just makes it so useless, no real incentive to put in the extra effort. And if you do put extra effort in over some of your classmates, its not reflected in your marks

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #308 on: April 15, 2013, 02:55:58 PM »

Just got Sam home.  He will have his drain removed on Saturday and his stitches next Wednesday.  The vet told me he was a "tough little booger."  He doesn't want to go to the yard at the moment as he is afraid of seeing the dog again.  I know I look weird with my functional kitana at my side but I am wanting to do everything I can to protect his dog in the interim until he is fully healed.

Thanks for the well wishes and hope that everyone is having a great day.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #309 on: April 15, 2013, 09:00:11 PM »

Hope your dog heals quickly blue, I'm sorry your little buddy got attacked like that. They can be pretty hardy, I'm sure he'll come thru fine.

hobbit- I hate pointless classes like that! It just makes it so useless, no real incentive to put in the extra effort. And if you do put extra effort in over some of your classmates, its not reflected in your marks

Exactly! Sad

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #310 on: April 22, 2013, 02:49:10 AM »

Question: why do you NOT use dripping wet paper towel around wall sockets?
answer: coz water drips into the socket, shorts it and in the process causes the computer server attached to that socket to stop working. Which means no POS computers no eftpos, nothing.
well done to my boss! *we need a slam heel of palm into forehead emote*
what a way to start a Monday

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #311 on: April 22, 2013, 03:11:50 AM »

For the past few days, Saberforum has been really aggravating. The pages will always load at unbearably slow speeds, and will either load properly after a while, or, and this is usually the case, crash. I've cleared my cache, deleted cookies, deleted my histories, and checked to make sure that no proxies are turned on, but Saberforum insists on crashing on me every chance it gets. This doesn't even happen with any other website.

Anyone have a solution?

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #312 on: April 22, 2013, 05:16:15 AM »

I find somedays it keeps giving me errors, if I hit refresh it usually works again  Undecided

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #313 on: April 22, 2013, 07:31:14 AM »

I find somedays it keeps giving me errors, if I hit refresh it usually works again  Undecided

Unfortunately, that never works for me Undecided

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #314 on: May 07, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »

I'm not really upset, just a bit agitated and down.

Right now my family keeps bothering me about everything I "do wrong". Especially since I just let out of college for the summer. Hell, three days after my finals I was being gripped at because I didn't have a Summer job yet. I'm also being constantly complained at for not having finished the extraneous  amounts of yardwork that I have to do all by myself. I shouldn't complain but I'm not exactly fond of working on four acres of property by myself since I'm the only one that can do it and I don't even get a "job well done" because of it. In fact, if something isn't done perfectly I get the scolding of a lifetime. I feel like a freakin' male version of Cinderella.

Aside from that, trying to get a Job is providing to be just as difficult as always. As soon as I mention being in college I get turned down because the local hiring forces here aren't looking for people who are students and who can't dedicate all of their time to a job. And I really need the money too. There are some things I'd like to buy for myself and pay for on my own instead of my family having something to hold against me as usual.

On another note, one of my best friends had recently gone missing. He was found, but somehow he ended up in New York City and was having an emotional breakdown, and apparently he needs psychological help now.

Just some things weighting on my mind.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: