Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313397 times)
MolecularAuto80
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2013, 02:31:49 PM »

I'm not sure, but I think that could be grounds for legal action.

I am very sorry to hear about your problems and I will be keeping you in my prayers. Smiley

I second the notion for prayers. Sorry for your pains. Mental pain can be the worst. Undecided

Hope you feel better soon!

Aeon v2 LE Guardian Blue

Give me light side points so we can make better cookies than the Empire!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2013, 03:44:53 PM »

I apologize for my ridiculously long essay of a post, didn't realize id written so much! I kinda like to babble a bit (in case you hadn't noticed  Tongue). Hope everyone's day has gone well Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2013, 04:14:32 AM »

I apologize for my ridiculously long essay of a post, didn't realize id written so much! I kinda like to babble a bit (in case you hadn't noticed  Tongue). Hope everyone's day has gone well Smiley

It's okay. Customers suck, it's true. I had one today ask me about a lawnmower. When I answered his questions he just said, "You need to do your research." and began pointing out why I was wrong. Well, if you're such an expert, why did you ask me in the first place!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2013, 06:23:55 AM »

It's okay. Customers suck, it's true. I had one today ask me about a lawnmower. When I answered his questions he just said, "You need to do your research." and began pointing out why I was wrong. Well, if you're such an expert, why did you ask me in the first place!
yep, gotta love it when they do that  Roll Eyes or for me a common one is they come in wanting a specific part for their car, but can't tell you what model or year it is! A ford hatch is not enough for me to go on. Worse still, same situation but being told 'umm I dunno its a white car? Will that help?'. Are you kidding?! Then they get angry at you coz you can't tell them the part they need

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2013, 03:34:07 PM »

yep, gotta love it when they do that  Roll Eyes or for me a common one is they come in wanting a specific part for their car, but can't tell you what model or year it is! A ford hatch is not enough for me to go on. Worse still, same situation but being told 'umm I dunno its a white car? Will that help?'. Are you kidding?! Then they get angry at you coz you can't tell them the part they need

That happens to me too.

Customer: "Just look it up in your book!"

Me: "I'm sorry sir, I don't have a book that tells me which spark plug fits 'a red tractor.' I can't help you."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2013, 06:12:31 PM »

It happens in the medical field as well.  They come to the ER wanting "X" drug for the pain.  The doctor tells them that "X" drug cannot be used to treat their pain because they have built a tolerance.  When they argue, the doctor simply, says, "Okay, have it your way.  I can only legally give you "X" amount of "X" drug.  We'll let you sit here until your pain disappears or until you are willing to let me treat you."  About 4 hours later, they are willing to listen to the doctor who gets them up and moving in about 15 minutes and then refers them to drug treatment services. 

You should try that with the lawn mowers next time.  Do it their way and then remind them you have a return policy and that you are happy to give them what they actually need when they return. 

Works wonders!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2013, 11:29:39 AM »

when I have customers like that I prefer the return policy that states "we do not normally give refunds if you simply make a wrong decision or change your mind"- we are usually pretty lenient at my work, but sometimes its satisfying when you can tell an annoying customer sorry, no return. esp when they've special ordered something in and signed the terms and conditions stating "no return unless manufacturers fault" (or incorrect part given that the correct details were given in the first place) and then try to return it coz they no longer want it coz its gonna cost them too much to repair their crummy car. otherwise we get stuck with a part thatll sit there and never get sold, used to be a big problem before we enforced the signed terms and conditions thing.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #382 on: June 25, 2013, 03:36:24 PM »

Must vent

ok so normally I'm the measure twice cut once type (or rather measure many times cut once). Today I think it was a combination of being tired and impatient, cut something I've been working on for my costume and cut it wrong. Stupid stupid stupid mistake! Not something I could salvage either, had to start from scratch. Sooooo angry with myself over it! Its also meant I'm now short some of the materials I needed. Not pleased at all! Already quickly running out of time with this and had a few set backs sigh.
I want to turn back time and restart this week, I keep having bad luck

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #383 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:39 AM »

Must vent

ok so normally I'm the measure twice cut once type (or rather measure many times cut once). Today I think it was a combination of being tired and impatient, cut something I've been working on for my costume and cut it wrong. Stupid stupid stupid mistake! Not something I could salvage either, had to start from scratch. Sooooo angry with myself over it! Its also meant I'm now short some of the materials I needed. Not pleased at all! Already quickly running out of time with this and had a few set backs sigh.
I want to turn back time and restart this week, I keep having bad luck

That sucks! I'm so sorry, it's awful when you lose out on materials like that.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #384 on: June 26, 2013, 06:58:59 AM »

Its not the end of the world, was just damned annoyed. Many non forum safe words were issued lol

anyone heard from sotj? Hope things are going well for her

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #385 on: June 26, 2013, 07:41:57 AM »

I got into an argument with my friend (who is a HUGE football fan), and the topic was centered around e-sports and whether or not they can be considered "real sports." Obviously I am a very opinionated guy, but at least 90% of the time I can keep things to myself and whine about them later in private. However, this argument was the missing 10% for me; it just got me so fired up.

Yes, I do think e-sports are real sports. In fact, one of my dream jobs is to become a professional Halo gamer. It's always been a thing that I've tried to strive towards. Though, the process would be much easier if I actually had people to play with. But that's beside the point.

Eh, whatever. The world is constantly changing, and things that have been deeply rooted are gradually being uprooted day by day in order to allow for more modernity. I just need to be patient, and work on being less opinionated Cheesy It used to be at a straight 50% or so for me. Yikes.

But I guess that's all just part of growing up.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2013, 08:33:03 AM »

Nothing wrong with being opinionated- its knowing when to keep opinions to oneself that can be difficult   Tongue and if you can recognize that you are an opinionated person that's half the battle

for me its bossiness- I'm terribly bossy. Sometimes it comes across as me looking like a know it all, a my opinions worth more than yours, I'm right/ your wrong. I don't mean to sound like that, and I often try to apologize if I realize I've been like that. I also used to be a very chatty person, and in an effort to try not to sound too bossy I back off on chatting. And then get told I'm a very distant serious person by my work colleagues and that I need to lighten up. Lol can't win Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2013, 01:52:47 PM »

@Hobbit:  I feel you on that.  People get angry with me when I state that I cannot watch professional sports as I have had a high school friend in Pro Football and met a very well known MMA fighter who both told me that sometimes, these "real sports" are rigged.  The MMA fighter left because he was asked to toss a fight for $5000 and this got him to wondering if someone had thrown a fight that he though he had won.  He now only fights in amateur events for charity and trains others but always encourages them to stay away from the professional scene.  I have had your same type of argument with football buffs on whether or not cheerleading is a sport.  Some of the things those girls do with twists and turns and leaps convinces me it is a sport. 

My personal opinion is that anything that has a championship game in which cash prizes can be awarded (or cash equivalent prizes), it is a sport. 

@ Blondeange1:  I have a daughter who is very opinionated and people have referred to her as bossy.  Those that refer to her as that often times know that she is simply pointing out the obvious that should already be happening.  I personally would much rather have opinions (especially those from females) on the table so that I know how my employees or peers feel.  Nothing is more infuriating to me as supervisor, teacher, husband, or friend than to be guessing what is on someone's mind.  I would much rather prefer you to express your opinions even if they hurt my feelings than to have you or someone else bottle them up.  It is not fair to you because it denies you an avenue of expression and it is not fair to me because if I believe things are all good and later learn they are not, I feel a little betrayed and lied to. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

anyone heard from sotj? Hope things are going well for her

I hope so too. Embarrassed

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2013, 05:35:25 PM »

Hope you are feeling better too rogue  Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: