Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313465 times)
Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #540 on: July 30, 2013, 11:55:50 PM »

Solifuges...spiders and their relatives are a subject I am a fan off...to look at...not so much to have share a sleeping bag lol.

Sun spiders are really interesting...but most are quite small.

Most.

Roll Eyes

I like spiders, I will hold them and not worry much. These little buggars though... I'm just not a fan of something that will indiscriminately and discreetly eat the flesh off of a sleeping human being. That is not okay. Lol. Plus they hide in the walls over there, they are just not friendly roommates.

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #541 on: August 05, 2013, 01:07:03 AM »

Long story short, my family is doing their whole coniving, power control, and humiliation thing to me again. I'm getting so sick of this.

Two more years. Two more and then I can move. Egh.... >_<

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #542 on: August 05, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »

When life throws you a curve, it also like to hit you in the balls.

Was let go (read: fired) from my job this morning.  I feel it was a bull$h*t reason and a really $h*tty thing for them to do, but Missouri is an "at will" state, which means they don't have to have a valid reason, just a reason.  I've been actively looking for a new job anyways, just hadn't found one yet.  This is going to be quite the hit to the family budget until something shakes out.  I am starting school next month for my Drafting/Design degree, but that's still two years from being completed.

it is what it is... just needed to gripe.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #543 on: August 05, 2013, 03:28:44 PM »

I gotta pee

Dark side points please

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #544 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »

Was let go (read: fired) from my job this morning.  I feel it was a bull$h*t reason and a really $h*tty thing for them to do, but Missouri is an "at will" state, which means they don't have to have a valid reason, just a reason.  I've been actively looking for a new job anyways, just hadn't found one yet.  This is going to be quite the hit to the family budget until something shakes out.  I am starting school next month for my Drafting/Design degree, but that's still two years from being completed.

That sucks, sorry to hear about that, MS is an at-will state as well, it seems like a lot of states are adopting that way of thinking.  They can't fire you because of gender, or race, or religion, but they can fire you just....because.  Makes no sense to me.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #545 on: August 06, 2013, 02:32:10 AM »

sorry to hear that, good luck in your job hunting. Hope you find something quickly.

here its apparently too hard to fire people. We had a guy get into a heated argument with a customer, threaten to bash him up, walked out on my assist manager and didn't show up to any of his shifts for two weeks (he was a casual doing full time hours as a relief). And he STILL kept his job. Dunno how the hell that worked, both my managers were fuming- but stupidly it wasn't their choice

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #546 on: August 06, 2013, 07:40:09 AM »

sorry to hear that, good luck in your job hunting. Hope you find something quickly.

here its apparently too hard to fire people. We had a guy get into a heated argument with a customer, threaten to bash him up, walked out on my assist manager and didn't show up to any of his shifts for two weeks (he was a casual doing full time hours as a relief). And he STILL kept his job. Dunno how the hell that worked, both my managers were fuming- but stupidly it wasn't their choice

He'd be canned instantly here. I mean hell... I've gotten in my managers' faces a few times so to speak, but I did it respectfully. Sometimes you have to tell them like it is. This guy just sounds like a hot head. Watch yourself around him...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #547 on: August 06, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

Thankfully He moved to another state (like the furtherest from here) without notifying work he'd moved, and then got caught doing dodgy things that I won't repeat just in case for legal reasons. I'm only a low down team member so I dunno what happened after that, but I bet it was nothing pleasant

and yes he was a hothead, putting it nicely. He went ape at me one day coz I was reminding him how to do something (he was fairly new mind you, and I've been here for years so I often do some of the training) and its not like I was having a go at him, and that was it, he wasn't nice to me after that. Good riddance to bad rubbish in that case!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Kitsune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -236

There is no Peace, there is only Passion...

« Reply #548 on: August 09, 2013, 03:55:33 PM »

Eeeegghh....so, thanks to the lovely logic and reasoning of my family I'm grounded again, from the computer, indefinately. This is extremely frustrating because this stuff goes on all the time, where for some reason something crawls up their butts and decides to have them freak out about every little, trivial thing in my life and make an issue of it, and then punish me for it. Cripes, I'm 21 years old now. Punishing me is getting old and pointless, and only causing more issues.

I don't do much else with my life aside from gaming, some martial arts, tennis, and the computer. The computer is the only way I have access to the friends that I talk to all the time, as most of them lack phones or other means of communication. Keeping in touch with them is important because they are, well, my friends. Aside from that, this is a hassle on my future career. I've been trying to put together a portfolio by working on art projects for myself because I'm going into Graphic Design. But every time I am grounded from using the computer at all aside from school work. I've had no time to finish any of the projects that I have been working on for myself to put into my career portfolio, and they just don't give a flying frack about it. What, when I'm 30 and have a job, are they going to punish me from that too if I just happen to not have been able to move out yet? This is ridiculous.

They are interfering with my personal life, with my social life, with my educational career, and with my future career itself. I'm getting so sick and tired of this BS that I just want to walk into the middle of a three way...no...four way highway, rip out my spin, and jump rope with it! I plan on speaking to my college counselor about this as soon as I get a chance this upcoming semester, because I won't be able to deal with this and the stress of college at the same time.

-smashes head through desk-

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #549 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »

I've got a very minor vent, but a vent nonetheless. I hate it when you've spent two hours or more on a project, taking the utmost of caution to ensure that it turns into a thing of beauty, only to make one slip of the hand and destroy a major component.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #550 on: August 11, 2013, 01:25:12 AM »

I've got a very minor vent, but a vent nonetheless. I hate it when you've spent two hours or more on a project, taking the utmost of caution to ensure that it turns into a thing of beauty, only to make one slip of the hand and destroy a major component.

I know that feeling all too well Ben. I've had to completely do over projects because I slipped up and was off by one degree.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #551 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:43 AM »

That really sucks! I think I can fix it or create a work-around, but I wanted the entire project to look nice...now I've got one thing that (even if I fix it) will always bug me.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

RogueLeader
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 162

Apathy is death?...meh, I don't care

« Reply #552 on: August 11, 2013, 01:44:28 AM »

I hate it when you work for hours on something and you turn off the computer without saving. Angry

I have a Sith's opinion of the Jedi and a Jedi's opinion of the Sith.

Light side points pl

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #553 on: August 11, 2013, 01:46:27 AM »

I hate it when you work for hours on something and you turn off the computer without saving. Angry

And this is one of the reasons why I use Google Docs. Sorry to hear though Sad

Deadcow
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -53

Dark side points

« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »

I was trying to write a book. I had 11,000 words and the power went out.

Dark side points please

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: