Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306952 times)
Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #750 on: December 17, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »

You! Mister Napolean Complex! I am sick of your crap. You send drawing markups done in pencil (a giant no-no), over half of them are miscellaneous scribblings of you figuring stuff out, and the rest are practically unintelligible, scratched through, ambiguous, or any combination thereof. Then you have the testicular fortitude to get upset when we contact you requesting clarification?

Are you kidding me?

If it wasn't for you being a client, I would shove your clipboard so far up your arse that you'd need to stick your pencil in your ear just to take a note.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #751 on: December 17, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »

I am very angry.

I'm so furious that I can't even vent properly without breaking laws.

I was so angry last night that I intentionally bit my tongue and broke down and laughed for a solid 15 minutes.

I tried writing today and I broke a few pencils and stabbed many holes in many pages.

I'm not trying to be cryptic about the reason for my anger to get someone to ask about it or anything - I don't know it either. If I did, I would probably whine about it, as I am wont to do.

no

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #752 on: December 18, 2013, 07:09:13 AM »

I have two jobs.  They are the same restaurant but one is a part of corporate and one is a franchise store, so even though they share the same name they are actually different companies with different owners.  The corporate store is awesome and owned by the guy who started the name brand, he is great.  The Franchise store, though, is run by an idiot who think idealistically instead of realistically.  He has made a lot of changes and has been at the store like every week day for over a month.  The list of things I have to do to open the store and close it have grown to about four times what I used to have to do (no extra money of course.)

I don't actually mind doing more but some of stuff we used to do once or twice a week now has to be done every day like dusting the artwork or wiping the wood trim, little things that don't need it every day.  And here is the kicker, we have an opening checklist and a closing check list and they have some of the same things on them.  So at night after we close we have to do things like, fill up the soap dispensers, dust the artwork, dust the table lamps, wipe the tables and chairs down, and then we have to do all of that again the next morning before we open!  I'd like to repeat that because it sounds vaguely important, we have to clean the same things twice in a period when we are closed.  so it's done twice in a time period when no customers are there. WHY?!  Are there ghost I don't know about using all the soap and kicking up dust on everything?! If you are going to dust in the morning, why do it the night before?  If you do dust at night why do you need to do it the next morning?  Why wipe the tables and chairs when you are going to do it the next morning before you open?! (I do tend to ask the questions that involve things like say....common sense!)

Most of the employees just shrug and do the work.  Not me, you see my mind doesn't work that why.  I have this moronic thing I do, it's called THINKING!!!  And I have this process I tend to use when making decisions, it called LOGIC!!!  I don't overly mind doing these things at night or in the morning, but both!  Again, I have to ask WHY?!  These are just a few examples I'm talking about, these lists are ridiculously long, so doing something twice in a period when you are closed seems incredibly stupid to me.  The lack of common sense leave me flabbergasted.

Also, the franchise store's new motto is "The path to excellence is through execution".  Sounds like a motto a dictator would have doesn't it? If I heard that was a restaurant's motto my first thought would probably be "Well, I certainly won't be eating there."  

Personally I don't want to eat in any restaurant that puts the word "execution" right in the motto. It would tend to maker me a bit wary of the food being served.

The corporate store is totally awesome though, love working there!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #753 on: December 18, 2013, 02:40:09 PM »

I have two jobs.  They are the same restaurant but one is a part of corporate and one is a franchise store, so even though they share the same name they are actually different companies with different owners.  The corporate store is awesome and owned by the guy who started the name brand, he is great.  The Franchise store, though, is run by an idiot who think idealistically instead of realistically.  He has made a lot of changes and has been at the store like every week day for over a month.  The list of things I have to do to open the store and close it have grown to about four times what I used to have to do (no extra money of course.)

I don't actually mind doing more but some of stuff we used to do once or twice a week now has to be done every day like dusting the artwork or wiping the wood trim, little things that don't need it every day.  And here is the kicker, we have an opening checklist and a closing check list and they have some of the same things on them.  So at night after we close we have to do things like, fill up the soap dispensers, dust the artwork, dust the table lamps, wipe the tables and chairs down, and then we have to do all of that again the next morning before we open!  I'd like to repeat that because it sounds vaguely important, we have to clean the same things twice in a period when we are closed.  so it's done twice in a time period when no customers are there. WHY?!  Are there ghost I don't know about using all the soap and kicking up dust on everything?! If you are going to dust in the morning, why do it the night before?  If you do dust at night why do you need to do it the next morning?  Why wipe the tables and chairs when you are going to do it the next morning before you open?! (I do tend to ask the questions that involve things like say....common sense!)

Most of the employees just shrug and do the work.  Not me, you see my mind doesn't work that why.  I have this moronic thing I do, it's called THINKING!!!  And I have this process I tend to use when making decisions, it called LOGIC!!!  I don't overly mind doing these things at night or in the morning, but both!  Again, I have to ask WHY?!  These are just a few examples I'm talking about, these lists are ridiculously long, so doing something twice in a period when you are closed seems incredibly stupid to me.  The lack of common sense leave me flabbergasted.

Also, the franchise store's new motto is "The path to excellence is through execution".  Sounds like a motto a dictator would have doesn't it? If I heard that was a restaurant's motto my first thought would probably be "Well, I certainly won't be eating there."  

Personally I don't want to eat in any restaurant that puts the word "execution" right in the motto. It would tend to maker me a bit wary of the food being served.

The corporate store is totally awesome though, love working there!

I know how you feel about redundancies.  I experience them everyday in a medical lab.  You would be surprised at the number of regulations that I have on me and how much joy it sucks from the job.  That filling the soap dispensers and dusting is probably there because some is missing doing it and the owner wants to make sure it is being done.  Sounds like the owner is non-confrontational so it was easier just to make a checklist saying do it twice than go to the numb skull that wasn't doing it in the first place and say "Hey, you aren't doing your job, do it or get out."  Sounds like that owner should hire a manager and stay out of the place.  Owners are not always the best managers and managers are not always the best owners. 

I have a Master's degree in management and thought I would offer you a little help as I understand your frustration.  The real reason behind these dumb additions is fear of confrontation.  Now, you just need to figure out how to use that fear to your advantage. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #754 on: December 18, 2013, 02:55:04 PM »

The real reason behind these dumb additions is fear of confrontation.  Now, you just need to figure out how to use that fear to your advantage.

"Fear will keep the local franchisees in line... fear of the company pulling their license."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #755 on: December 22, 2013, 06:08:40 AM »

I know how you feel about redundancies.  I experience them everyday in a medical lab.  You would be surprised at the number of regulations that I have on me and how much joy it sucks from the job.  That filling the soap dispensers and dusting is probably there because some is missing doing it and the owner wants to make sure it is being done.  Sounds like the owner is non-confrontational so it was easier just to make a checklist saying do it twice than go to the numb skull that wasn't doing it in the first place and say "Hey, you aren't doing your job, do it or get out."  Sounds like that owner should hire a manager and stay out of the place.  Owners are not always the best managers and managers are not always the best owners. 

I have a Master's degree in management and thought I would offer you a little help as I understand your frustration.  The real reason behind these dumb additions is fear of confrontation.  Now, you just need to figure out how to use that fear to your advantage. 

Thanks, blue.  I decided to leave the Franchise store and just work my 40 hours at the corporate store.  I can pay my bills with just one job, the other was just extra play money.  The Franchise store basically told me I either had to do it their ridiculous way or leave so I put in my notice with them. I do have other option available if I want to pick up another second job. I am liking the extra time I have now at nights to see my new girlfriend.

"Fear will keep the local franchisees in line... fear of the company pulling their license."

Nice Tongue

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #756 on: December 22, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

Point awarded for realizing that girl is more important than money.  Enjoy your Christmas

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #757 on: December 22, 2013, 09:42:04 PM »

Point awarded for realizing that girl is more important than money.  Enjoy your Christmas

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas as well blue.  Also, you may recall that I got a Prophecy last month in BH and did a review detailing how much I love it, it's now my favorite saber hilt.  Well I just ordered another Prophecy, this time in GB! I figured that would meet with your approval. Tongue

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #758 on: December 31, 2013, 12:03:45 AM »

Well I would've been able to share my new Overlord saber with you guys tonight but the guy was being weird. He said he needed our land lords permission to do something so he just gave up and left. Who does that though. .-. Hopefully tomorrow ill be able to share my new saber. I know just my written review isn't enough. I'll have some pictures posted before the week is over. It just angers me. Plus me and my brother still need to enroll for college. So this week has been kind of annoying but not too bad.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Luna
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

This land is peaceful, its inhabitants kind...

« Reply #759 on: December 31, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »

You know what bothers me?

When people are talking about someone and they don't say their name, they just show a picture of the subject's face.

I don't expect to be catered to, and it would be dumb if they did, but it's annoying.

no

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #760 on: December 31, 2013, 11:58:13 PM »

God, people are so freaking STUPID.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #761 on: January 01, 2014, 12:22:48 AM »

God, people are so freaking STUPID.

I live in America, I get to say that A LOT!

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #762 on: January 01, 2014, 12:42:51 AM »

lol.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #763 on: January 01, 2014, 03:16:54 AM »

3... 2... 1...

ONLY IN AMERICA! ! !  Grin

I believe that now I shall vent. *vent* That is all.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

« Reply #764 on: January 01, 2014, 07:29:28 AM »

I believe that now I shall vent. *vent* That is all.

Lame.

Tongue

BTW, I wasn't referring to anyone here with that last comment.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: