Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313190 times)
Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #885 on: April 16, 2014, 09:10:14 PM »

We now live in an very ignorant world.  A world where carrying box cutters and steak knives are fine at work but a walking cane is considered a hostile weapon that earns you two days on the street. 

Just happened to me.  Cane was made of wood and had a crutch tip on the end of it.  Here is the best part.  The complaint is over 2 years old.  Yes people, that is not a typo, 2 years old complaint that has sat on an HR manager's desk. 

Funny thing is that it coincides with my recent move to a dream shift of Mon-Thurs with no weekends for the rest of my life as well as an FMLA request that I have been trying to pin them down on for about 4 months.  Needless to say, there were some people that got upset because I got the job (like everyone else has received) based on my seniority and my FMLA is going to prevent some people from starting their summer vacations until July.  Can we say retaliation and grudge holding? 

Never wanted to have the power of Force Lightning so badly in my life.  Thank the Force my representative was present.  She did manage to get both days as paid leave and I receive my shift differential.  It also helped that I have two pending hostile work environment claims against the same person that nothing has even remotely been investigated.  This is a union reps and employment lawyers dream!!!

Hard work is a joke and kissing feet three joints upward is the way to go.  Next time I hurt my leg, I'll be sure to apply for FMLA and leave them high and dry before experiencing pain that severe again so that someone would not lose their two holidays off. 

Unless someone at Ultrasabers wants to hire me for their East Coast branch, I doubt I'll work that hard for a pay check ever again. 

Final insult:  They actually said that my passion for my job was a huge problem in my working with others.  You love your job and that is a bad thing?Huh

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #886 on: April 16, 2014, 10:15:18 PM »

Sorry you are having to deal with so much crap at work, Blue.  It sounds like someone got jealous about you getting that new shift and you vacation causing theirs to get delayed. There are a lot of douche bags in the world but their are are also a lot of good people too (even if you would  swear they don't even out sometimes Tongue).  Just remember that you have friends that have your back and wish you well.

What does FMLA mean? A vacation or leave of absence?

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #887 on: April 16, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »

Sorry you are having to deal with so much crap at work, Blue.  It sounds like someone got jealous about you getting that new shift and you vacation causing theirs to get delayed. There are a lot of douche bags in the world but their are are also a lot of good people too (even if you would  swear they don't even out sometimes Tongue).  Just remember that you have friends that have your back and wish you well.

What does FMLA mean? A vacation or leave of absence?

FMLA = Family Medical Leave Act

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2014, 12:03:03 AM »

FMLA = Family Medical Leave Act

ah, point for the clarification!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2014, 02:54:51 PM »

Final insult:  They actually said that my passion for my job was a huge problem in my working with others.  You love your job and that is a bad thing?Huh

Sometimes, yes. I am very passionate about my work, and that has, at times, resulted in me getting into shouting matches with people who are knowingly doing things wrong and/or are unwilling to change their behavior and do things correctly.

However, my bosses look at it like this: The fact that I am passionate about what I do is the reason why I am so good at it, and because of that, they forgive me the occasional lapses in judgement and desire to disembowel stupid people.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2014, 03:06:11 PM »

sorry to hear about it Blue. workplaces suck!

My manager broke her toe recently, rather she fractured her second from little toe. she got two weeks off, no questions asked basically, coz her doctor gave her a note saying so. most I got on any occasion after rolling my ankle severely is a few days! how the hell is that fair?!

Hell I rolled my ankle at work once years ago walking down the stairs, painful enough for anyone but when you are a bit heavier and you already have bad damage, it hurts like all buggery. you know what happened? I was made to bandage it up as tight as I could, hobble up to front counter where I was given a normal chair to sit on when I wasn't standing to serve customers, for a few hours- I ended up having to stand a lot. I spent the entire time fighting back tears I was in so much pain. and it was "coz the manager couldn't find a replacement". stupid manager back then barely tried! and he coulda stayed up front serving himself leaving me to recover out back (we didn't have the people on for me to go home.)

speaking of my ankle, mine is still buggered. and I've been forced to work shop floor for the last four weeks, lotsa standing and walking and twisting and lifting, especially this week. Just damn lucky it hasn't turned around as bad as it did get two months ago. hopefully I don't pay for it this weekend. As it is we are meant to be going on a long weekend trip out into the desert to go rock hunting (I'm into rock hunting and collecting and geology, and we are part of a club), I was really really looking forward to it but I've had to turn it down coz my ankle is too painful and too uncertain to walk on uneven ground like that Angry  and the next weekend trip I will just be going along and staying in camp.

/rant

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #891 on: April 21, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »

Is it bad that today I just want my wife to go to work so she'll STFU and quit complaining about everyone and everything in the house?  I understand, me being unemployed is causing stress, but dang... step back, take a breath, quit making more stress by jumping down everyone's throat about every little thing.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #892 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:27 AM »

I'm such a weak and pathetic excuse for a human being. And I feel utterly crippled and broken. Something inside of me has just snapped, and I want to kill myself, I really do. But I don't want to say the reason why because its just so stupid and silly and... I'm crying and I don't know what to do with myself. I really don't. What the hell is wrong with me? Why does this keep happening? I'm not trying to be vague on purpose so I can get attention, I just don't know how to say what I need to say without coming across as a total idiot. But for those of you who know what happened when I left the forum, it's happening again. And I just don't think I can make it through this time. I just can't. And I want to kill myself. And... I just, I can't go on.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #893 on: May 01, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »

As long as you draw breath Hobbie, there is always a way out of anything.  Death often times creates more problems than it solves.  Like you, I feel crippled and broken today.  I have sought help and received it.  It has not caused the feelings to disappear, but it has made me see better where the road away from this could be.  I really suggest taking the time to call a hotline or ask for someone in your area to speak with you.  Sometimes having someone help you shoulder the burden can help as well. 

Although I cannot reach you, I want you know that you inspire me and that you would be missed if you left.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #894 on: May 01, 2014, 07:14:18 PM »

Believe me, I can relate as well... I lost my job in August, I've been actively job hunting and I'm not making a lot of progress.  I did enroll in school in September, so that's a start, but it's left my wife carrying the financial burden for the household.  I'm 39, and right now I can't provide for my family.  It's depressing, I feel broken, and no one seems able to understand.  I keep hearing about all the jobs out there, but damned if they can be found.  Just for something to do, even though it wouldn't pay enough to make things work, but it would help, I applied to the local McDonalds.  There's 5 in our area, all owned by the same franchise owner, I got an interview... I was denied the job because I'm not bilingual... do you know how disheartening it is to be told, at almost 40, by a 20-something year old, you aren't qualified to work at F-ing McDonalds because you don't speak Spanish?

Every other job is still "You're overqualified," or "You're undervaluing your skills..."

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #895 on: May 02, 2014, 12:59:03 AM »

I'm sorry for being so down, it's just that I feel really hopeless. I'm going to look into therapy, support groups, etc. That should help.

Deceptae
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -90

Power, Passion, Strength

« Reply #896 on: May 02, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »

My father's actual words:

"Your opinion doesn't matter! You're 18, you're pretty much ALWAYS wrong!"

Need I say more?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #897 on: May 04, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »

Believe me, I can relate as well... I lost my job in August, I've been actively job hunting and I'm not making a lot of progress.  I did enroll in school in September, so that's a start, but it's left my wife carrying the financial burden for the household.  I'm 39, and right now I can't provide for my family.  It's depressing, I feel broken, and no one seems able to understand.  I keep hearing about all the jobs out there, but damned if they can be found.  Just for something to do, even though it wouldn't pay enough to make things work, but it would help, I applied to the local McDonalds.  There's 5 in our area, all owned by the same franchise owner, I got an interview... I was denied the job because I'm not bilingual... do you know how disheartening it is to be told, at almost 40, by a 20-something year old, you aren't qualified to work at F-ing McDonalds because you don't speak Spanish?

Every other job is still "You're overqualified," or "You're undervaluing your skills..."

I hope things look up for you JE.  I am in your same situation.  I bring a walking stick to work and it is reported to HR as a weapon.  I meet with HR and they tell me that they'll just give me a verbal warning if I never bring it back to work again.  Said "ok" and signed.  One week later, they call to tell me that they have re-thought their decision and decided to terminate my employment.  I played the bigger professional by not telling them exactly what I thought of their decision but hey, that is the joys of working in a "At Will" state. 

Best of luck to you and your search. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #898 on: May 04, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »

I hope things look up for you JE.  I am in your same situation.  I bring a walking stick to work and it is reported to HR as a weapon.  I meet with HR and they tell me that they'll just give me a verbal warning if I never bring it back to work again.  Said "ok" and signed.  One week later, they call to tell me that they have re-thought their decision and decided to terminate my employment.  I played the bigger professional by not telling them exactly what I thought of their decision but hey, that is the joys of working in a "At Will" state. 

Best of luck to you and your search. 

Do you need the walking stick for a disability or other medical reasons? If so, then they can't do that. Even in an "At Will" state(PA is also one, I believe), that's still discrimination.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Prowl 1701
Knight Commander

« Reply #899 on: May 04, 2014, 10:52:54 PM »

Strong language (maybe too much for this forum), accurate message. George Carlin on the "American Dream".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q</a>

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: