Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313994 times)
Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #975 on: June 17, 2014, 07:56:36 PM »

So lunch hour is over.

Seems like a lot of people all went to the same place for lunch. When they all came back, the guy who invited everyone out to lunch comes to my cube.

Him: "Hey, Jev... why didn't you come out to lunch with us? Everyone was invited!"

Me: "I had no knowledge of this, as nobody told me anything about it."

Them: "What do you mean? I sent the email out to everyone! You need to stop being so anti-social and start having fun with your coworkers!"

Me: "Oh really? Let's see... Since I do not share the same interests as you, I often feel like an outcast, only here to do my job. When I come to your cubes to socialize, you pretty much ignore me except for the social niceties. So why in the world would I WANT to go hang out with people over lunch just to be ignored? I can get the same damned effect here at the office without spending $20 on a mediocre meal. Also, you sent that email out to everyone you wanted to invite. I was not on that list. Ergo, I was not invited. You can say 'everyone was invited' all day long, but that don't make a crap when you conveniently forget to tell someone about it. If you want to socially ostracize me, fine. Don't be a coward about it and admit you didn't want me there instead of making it out like it's my fault."

There is a trick to that..

You see what you do is...

Say you have 10 co workers... Send out an email inviting every one out to lunch.  The trick is, send one email to one person and list a different place and a different time for each email.  Use the blind CC feature so that they all believe that they are somehow in the know "that they know you are cursory inviting someone that you really do not want to go." but send out 10 different emails with 10 different locations and dont actually bcc anyone else.

Then when they all start to trickle in  at different times with confused looks on their faces, you can just smile.  They will never invite you again, and they will never be able to say you do not have a sense of humor !

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #976 on: June 17, 2014, 10:05:10 PM »

I feel for you, Ed. And at the moment I'm fighting tooth and nail for a specialized position while in school.

Oh, I got lucky, Abbadon.  I heard from a friend who works in HR for the company that I now work for.  She passed word to me, and helped me get a foot in the door.  I did a lot of work to get in and stay there.

It was a big change - pretty much a career reboot - but still, I'm valued, appreciated, and making my mark.  And the company culture is very much a 180 from what I've been used to.  Very open, very communicative from high levels down to lower tier employees, and that is pretty damn cool.

So, it is possible, if one gets lucky.  But I had to bust my butt to get lucky...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #977 on: June 18, 2014, 06:16:07 PM »

This morning, one of our engineers manages to convince our boss that we could and should completely abandon our standard methods of doing drawings in favor of something special just for this particular project. Keep in mind that the drawings are essentially complete and are due today. This exchange between the two of us just occurred.

Him: "Why haven't you finished this drawing set? I gave it to you this morning, and you already have all the data."

Me: "Two reasons... 1) Redoing an entire drawing set essentially from scratch is not a 'press a button and watch it go' proposition-"

Him: "You mean there's not a LISP routine to do that?"

Me: "To move things from one drawing to another, renumber the drawings, retag everything, insert this spreadsheet file you want into the specific drawings you want them in, reorganize the drawings into a new format, and then rename the file names?"

Him: "Yes! Can you do that?"

Me: **stares at him, blinking** "..... yeeesss. The button for that is right next to the muffin button."

Him: "Muffin button?"

Me: "Never mind that. 2) I'm waiting on information from you on how exactly you want these drawings to look."

Him: "What information? You have all the information you need."

Me: "I have the basic information on the parts, but as to the physical appearance of said drawings, I have no idea because you speak in generalities and not specifics. I suppose I need to press the 'Magically download the information from your brain to mine' button. I think it's on the other side of the muffin button."

Him: "So you're saying that you need further information in order to proceed..."

Me: "Precisely."

Him: "You still haven't explained what a muffin button is."

Me: headdesk.jpg

So yeah, not only do I have to redo all the drawings, but I have exactly zero time to do it in. Gonna be here all night... AGAIN.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #978 on: June 18, 2014, 10:06:09 PM »

This morning, one of our engineers manages to convince our boss that we could and should completely abandon our standard methods of doing drawings in favor of something special just for this particular project. Keep in mind that the drawings are essentially complete and are due today. This exchange between the two of us just occurred.

So yeah, not only do I have to redo all the drawings, but I have exactly zero time to do it in. Gonna be here all night... AGAIN.

Processes at work tend to exist for a reason.  Find this engineer, and deliver retribution.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #979 on: June 18, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »

Processes at work tend to exist for a reason.  Find this engineer, and deliver retribution.

I am.

We're both staying late... and I just picked up a Freebird's Monster Burrito with extra beans and extra habanero sauce.

Retribution is at hand... MUAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #980 on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:20 PM »

Retribution is at hand... MUAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Somehow, I doubt that is the part of your anatomy whence the retribution will come...

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Archon - "Insight"

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #981 on: June 19, 2014, 02:16:31 AM »

So. Can I leave my shipping address blank? Once again we have to move because we can't pay rent. More like no one wants to or cares to. My aunt and uncle would rather get high and drunk than help with the rent and my step-dad, not even that anymore, just don't care, as far as he's concerned its all his money. So that's honestly why I just couldn't buy anything this month like originally planned. Really hoping something will go good for the 3 of us though, as in me, my mom, and bro, I could careless about him or my aunt right now. So if I'm not on for awhile after next week that's why. Because they all put us out on the streets. We wont lose anything though so that's good but paying for a uhaul will be hard enough. Hoping we find a new, cheaper house like quick soon.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #982 on: June 19, 2014, 05:19:09 AM »

What in the bloody hell does one need 15 rotisserie chickens for?! Especially when you see that they're the LAST 15. But of coarse, I make these chickens just for the benefit of you, and nobody else. Since you're the only one in the whole wide world who wants one, I'm sure.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #983 on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:42 PM »

I feel miserable. Today is easily the hottest day of the year, and I am extremely sensitive to the heat, plus I have horrible, horrible allergies. Combine the two, plus my attempt at completing my daily workout, and what I am left with is the feeling of being trapped inside Edvard Munch's 'The Scream' while having the painting live inside the world's hottest oven.

Yes, it is that bad. I don't understand how anyone can enjoy this weather. I watch the news all the time, and I just want to punch the anchors in the face because of how happy they are whenever reports of warm weather come in. I can barely function on days like this. I am extremely fatigued, close to passing out, and my nose is tingling for all the wrong reasons. Blergh.

I wish every day could be cold. And raining. I thrive in the cold. And I love grey, moody skies. I'm a nyctophiliac though, so what can I say? This warm, sunny, cheerful weather does nothing for me. I want to feel like I'm living in a Tim Burton movie 24/7. AND I'm living in Oregon. It should NEVER be this hot here.

The best way to describe it (I think) is to simply say that I feel like a snowman, Mr. Freeze, and Iceman all fused into one being, whilst living in a world where the Human Torch and Sunspot are warming the sun 24/7. Just kill me now.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #984 on: June 20, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »

I sit here exhausted today.  My hats off to Ultra and Deep (and anyone else that has ever had to deal with pure misery from others.) 

Being advised not to go into great detail, I have had to secure legal representation against someone.  So on top of caring for an infant, my toddler, search for a new job, and teach class,  I now have to carve out additional time for court.  I truly feel for single parents that have to battle with this daily as I am not sure how you find the strength.  I am happy to have a friend in the lovely PsyDoc who stands by my side. 

If someone needs me, just shoot me a PM on this forum or the other one I am a member.  You can also find me via my YouTube or FB pages. 

Just wanted to put this out there so that no one thinks I fell off the net or that I am deliberately ignoring you. 

May the Force Be With You All,

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #985 on: June 20, 2014, 09:42:47 PM »

Sorry you are going through so much, Blue.  Legal courtroom stuff is always irksome with all of the hoops one has to go through.  I didn't know you were a single parent with two kids, that has to be difficult. I hope everything in the court case goes your way!  Feel free to PM if you need a friend to talk too.

Just to cheer you up a little, here's a pic I think you will like. Smiley

And another!

Very blue!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #986 on: June 23, 2014, 06:07:17 AM »

@Prowl. How did you get that pic of you, like what was the ISO and shutter speed used? Tongue Also, good news! We already got a house rented back in Ohio and the guy said if we like the place we can just buy it in a few months. Cheesy Exciting. So it wont be long til we get a new house, probably next week even. Can't wait to be back home. Ohio has always been more like home to me, just some of the people, like my step-dad, he's way mean and such, he wont be around anymore though to cause any stress. Just thought I'd give this good update. Not really venting but eh.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #987 on: June 23, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »

@Prowl. How did you get that pic of you, like what was the ISO and shutter speed used? Tongue Also, good news! We already got a house rented back in Ohio and the guy said if we like the place we can just buy it in a few months. Cheesy Exciting. So it wont be long til we get a new house, probably next week even. Can't wait to be back home. Ohio has always been more like home to me, just some of the people, like my step-dad, he's way mean and such, he wont be around anymore though to cause any stress. Just thought I'd give this good update. Not really venting but eh.

Hopefully not in Cleveland...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM</a>

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #988 on: June 23, 2014, 05:23:26 PM »

Actually it was just taken with my Iphone, and the blade was an UEMG in GB.  No fancy tricks involved Tongue.  Congrats on the new place to stay for you and your mom!!! Smiley

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #989 on: June 23, 2014, 08:08:05 PM »

I just got off the phone with the insurance provider for my phone.

First, they denied my claim, stating that the phone I was trying to get replaced was not the one listed on my account. I forced them to conference in AT&T so that they could confirm that the phone I listed was, indeed, the phone that is on my wireless account.

So I wound up having to resubmit my claim.

Next thing you know, I get a message that my claim has been approved, and that I need to confirm some information.

So I call them up and find out that they are perfectly willing to replace my $700 Nokia Lumia 1520 32GB phone (that I've had for six weeks)... with a $400 Motorola Moto X 16GB... in white.

Cue this sound in my head:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39PRBpIRSYc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39PRBpIRSYc</a>

Now cue my righteous anger:

"Hold up a second. You're telling me that if I want to get my phone replaced, I have to switch over to an OS I cannot stand, on a phone from a company that has a history of crappy phones, in a color I despise, with half the storage that I have now, and on top of that, I would still be paying for the Lumia, and then you're gonna charge me a $200 deductible for the privilege of downgrading to this less capable phone?

Exactly what kind of window-licking stupid do you think I am?

I'm sorry, but you guys are gonna have to do better than that. If you took a BMW in for a factory defect and wanted it replaced, would you accept a Ford Pinto in exchange?"

In the end, they agreed to contact Nokia and get a shipment of phones in so I could get my proper replacement.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: