Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313629 times)
JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #990 on: June 23, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »

Hopefully not in Cleveland...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM#

I see your Cleveland and raise you a tour of my home town...

Kansas City
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZCddp4blY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZCddp4blY</a>

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #991 on: June 25, 2014, 04:17:51 AM »

@Prowl. Its me, my mom, bro, and his girl so yeah, and not in Cleveland but in Sidney, I feel more comfortable there than anywhere else in Ohio for some reason. I don't know why. So no worries. I was just wondering on that blade shot because it'd be awesome to get a similar shot with me and my Arctic Blue Overlord like that.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #992 on: June 25, 2014, 03:24:04 PM »

So, it seems I'm now racist... at least according to the note I got from the office where we live.

Evidently going next door and knocking on the door at 3am on a Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) and asking someone to please turn down the stereo so that people can sleep because they have to work in the morning is just plain rude.  Of course these particular neighbors speak about 4 words of English between the whole family (10 people in a 3 bedroom townhouse.)  So at 4am, when the party still showed no signs of stopping, I called the police to complain.  The police showed up, shut down the party, took a couple of them away (marijuana possession and a drunk and disorderly) and now the office where we live has received  a complaint this morning because obviously I'm racially profiling them because they're Hispanic.

Of course the office can't do anything to me, because I just showed them the copy of the police report I picked up first thing this morning, but I know they also won't do or say anything to the neighbors about how rude and inconsiderate it is to have a party on a Tuesday night that's loud enough to knock pictures off your neighbors walls.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #993 on: June 25, 2014, 03:35:48 PM »

I see your Cleveland and raise you a tour of my home town...

Kansas City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2ZCddp4blY

Yeah, you KCers really like your barbecue... too bad you have such bad taste in it. Texas BBQ is better.

Oh, and I've actually been to Bazooka's. It's overrated.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #994 on: June 25, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »

So, it seems I'm now racist... at least according to the note I got from the office where we live.

Evidently going next door and knocking on the door at 3am on a Tuesday night (Wednesday morning) and asking someone to please turn down the stereo so that people can sleep because they have to work in the morning is just plain rude.  Of course these particular neighbors speak about 4 words of English between the whole family (10 people in a 3 bedroom townhouse.)  So at 4am, when the party still showed no signs of stopping, I called the police to complain.  The police showed up, shut down the party, took a couple of them away (marijuana possession and a drunk and disorderly) and now the office where we live has received  a complaint this morning because obviously I'm racially profiling them because they're Hispanic.

Of course the office can't do anything to me, because I just showed them the copy of the police report I picked up first thing this morning, but I know they also won't do or say anything to the neighbors about how rude and inconsiderate it is to have a party on a Tuesday night that's loud enough to knock pictures off your neighbors walls.

Uh, your office has to enforce its quiet hour policies... or it is in breach of contract.   And actionable.  Illegal drug use within the complex of most apartments that I have ever lived in was also grounds for termination of a lease.

You might see if the complex is owned by a larger entity, and write to the corporate office, if one exists.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #995 on: June 25, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »

You might see if the complex is owned by a larger entity, and write to the corporate office, if one exists.

Only do this after exhausting the use of the complex office. If they refuse to do anything about it, then you go above their heads.

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #996 on: June 25, 2014, 05:16:13 PM »

What part is the racist part ?  I would have kept a copy of the note, take a photo of it.  Take it back to the management company and ask them to sign a document saying they left you the note.  Race bating on either side is inappropriate and to just call you a racist because you called the police on a party has nothing to do with race unless of course you have used derogatory language of some sort in reference to them.

I work with management companies daily and they are not all exactly rocket scientists. 

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #997 on: June 28, 2014, 03:23:36 PM »

So, I don't know if this is more of a vent or a rant...

I finally was offered a job, which is good, because I've been unemployed for nearly a year now... but I don't know if I should be grateful or insulted.  I'm supposed to start next Wednesday.  I'll be working retail, which I hate, for $8.50 per hour... this is seriously the lowest amount of pay I have received in the last 20 years.  Seriously, $1.25 over minimum wage... I'm 40 years old with a wife and three kids and you want me to work for you for barely over minimum wage?  I'm going to take the job, because we are f***ing broke and some income is always better than none, but seriously IF I get a 40 hour week (unlikely) that's $340 a week...take 33% off that (taxes) and it's a net bring home of $235 a week... I MADE MORE THAN THIS ON UNEMPLOYMENT!!! SERIOUSLY WTF???

No, as I write this, I've decided I'm insulted...

all I can say is I'm glad I'm in college and finishing my degree, and I hope to hell to be working in my field soon, because this is ridiculous.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #998 on: June 28, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »

Now you know why some people refuse to work retail and stay on unemployment as long as possible. You make better money that way.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2032

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #999 on: June 28, 2014, 09:24:07 PM »

*Virtual hugz for everyone*. I hope things gets better for you guys. x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1000 on: June 29, 2014, 04:31:18 AM »

When I took the job I work at now, I was promised Sundays off and I almost always get them but I have to work the one Sunday that happens to be my birthday (the 6th), AND I have to work a double on the day before that, which never happens on Saturday.  So I have to work three shifts in a row on busy days and I had made plans with my gf for my birthday.  Now I either have to get someone  to cover the shifts or just say screw it and not show up (and that may happen considering how furious I am right now) 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1001 on: June 29, 2014, 04:58:41 AM »

Now you know why some people refuse to work retail and stay on unemployment as long as possible. You make better money that way.

And you generally almost always get treated better on unemployment.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1002 on: June 29, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »

So, I don't know if this is more of a vent or a rant...

I finally was offered a job, which is good, because I've been unemployed for nearly a year now... but I don't know if I should be grateful or insulted.  I'm supposed to start next Wednesday.  I'll be working retail, which I hate, for $8.50 per hour... this is seriously the lowest amount of pay I have received in the last 20 years.  Seriously, $1.25 over minimum wage... I'm 40 years old with a wife and three kids and you want me to work for you for barely over minimum wage?  I'm going to take the job, because we are f***ing broke and some income is always better than none, but seriously IF I get a 40 hour week (unlikely) that's $340 a week...take 33% off that (taxes) and it's a net bring home of $235 a week... I MADE MORE THAN THIS ON UNEMPLOYMENT!!! SERIOUSLY WTF???

No, as I write this, I've decided I'm insulted...

all I can say is I'm glad I'm in college and finishing my degree, and I hope to hell to be working in my field soon, because this is ridiculous.

With three kids, I am sure you could qualify for some other assistance as well.  Want to thank you for your help in my situation as well.  Landed a job that only guarantees me 10 hours per month.  I have to keep reminding myself it is a positive reference. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

JEStucker
Knight Commander

« Reply #1003 on: June 29, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »

With three kids, I am sure you could qualify for some other assistance as well.  Want to thank you for your help in my situation as well.  Landed a job that only guarantees me 10 hours per month.  I have to keep reminding myself it is a positive reference. 

We actually applied for assistance, we were told they couldn't help... All I can really say is I tend to end up with more job offers when I have a job than I ever get when I don't, so hopefully something else will materialize soon.

Dominix v2 Fire Orange

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1004 on: July 03, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »

We actually applied for assistance, we were told they couldn't help... All I can really say is I tend to end up with more job offers when I have a job than I ever get when I don't, so hopefully something else will materialize soon.

That is the truth.  Recruitment calls forever plus one when I was fully employed and when I am unemployed, nothing but silence.  Kind of like my social life.  When single, cannot get a potential mate to look my way.  Get married, have plenty offering to buy me a drink, take me to lunch, tell me how much they wish I were single. 

Although I am not surprised with my luck.  I want Chicken sandwich, the only restaurant in town that sells a decent one is closed on Sunday when I really want one.  Want a drink, bars are closed on Sundays also. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: