Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313440 times)
Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1035 on: November 05, 2014, 11:34:06 PM »

File a claim no matter what. If it happened on work  time that's why they pay into worker's comp for. If you don't file a claim and things get a lot worse in your shoulder, you're going to have to front all the cash for doctors bills.

Listen to the Monarch lover, he's right (in this instance at least.  He saber choices on the other hand...)  Tongue

SILVERBACK
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -77

i like dark side points and cookies

« Reply #1036 on: November 06, 2014, 02:36:27 AM »

You would be happy  to know that I no longer have the Monarch, I decided to pass it on to someone else to enjoy Grin But to JEStucker, file the claim for your own good.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1037 on: November 06, 2014, 03:13:09 AM »

You would be happy  to know that I no longer have the Monarch, I decided to pass it on to someone else to enjoy Grin But to JEStucker, file the claim for your own good.

I want to know the story behind this one.

Also, JES file the claim.  After all what are they going to do, fire you?

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1038 on: November 06, 2014, 06:54:34 AM »

The Christmas stuff at work has been up since frieken Labor Day! I mean really, not even Halloween when it was put up. Now all I see and hear is about Black Friday. Since when did Halloween and Thanksgiving become throw away days in the minds of society? It's not right. It angers me.

I used to love Christmas, everything about it. The atmosphere, the weather, the decorations, and of coarse presents. The last couple years I've come to dislike it. We get beat over the head with it for three months straight to the point where, by the time Thanksgiving comes around, I'm already sick of it. I'm sick of seeing the decorations, sick of hearing the same 4 songs in every store I enter that they've had on repeat since Nov. 1.

Thank you society. Thanks for ruining a wonderful time of year. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing!

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #1039 on: November 06, 2014, 11:27:09 AM »

You are correct. Thanksgiving is entirely ignored. Halloween wasn't one of my favorites ever, and it still isn't. But Christmas was ruined, and it's horrible.

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1040 on: November 07, 2014, 02:20:31 AM »

You are correct. Thanksgiving is entirely ignored. Halloween wasn't one of my favorites ever, and it still isn't. But Christmas was ruined, and it's horrible.

It is horrible. I love Halloween, but now I dread it because I know it means the BF/X-Mas ridiculousness is right around the corner from there.

(Sig by me!)

SlenderTheEnder
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 15

Light side points please. 끄기 우리가 간다!

« Reply #1041 on: November 07, 2014, 02:58:09 AM »

I find it interesting that people just blow off thanksgiving, which is a huge deal in my family. I know people that just don't celebrate. Crazy. Why miss out on all that good food and good times with family and friends?

It's all about the Benjamins, and I don't have many, but ideally, I want a Manticore CE in SY with Obsidian for Emerald, FoC orange.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1042 on: November 07, 2014, 04:22:20 AM »

Family is a big deal at Thanksgiving for me and mine...

On the other side of things, I tried to tell out store manager yesterday about my shoulder, and she was preoccupied and pretty much blew me off, so once she was gone, I took it up with our ASM.  We filled out the paperwork, filed the paperwork, and now he's catching a $h*tstorm because she wasn't told about me getting hurt, even though I had two witnesses to me trying to tell her.  Of course, according to her I didn't try to tell her, as an injury is very important and she would have been on top of that immediately.  Basically, it's everyone else's fault but hers because she wasn't paying attention and listening to her employees, after all she's the perfect manager with over 26 years with the company.  Her people skills suck and she has more complaints filed against her than any other employee in our store, but no one above her ever hears about them because she's the one in charge of forwarding all that to corporate.

Anyways, saw Doctor today, he's thinking maybe tendonitis from a 10 year old injury... I'm thinking he's going to be proven wrong.  Gave me some painkillers, put me on light duty, will go back on Monday.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1043 on: November 07, 2014, 07:13:54 AM »

Family is a big deal at Thanksgiving for me and mine...

On the other side of things, I tried to tell out store manager yesterday about my shoulder, and she was preoccupied and pretty much blew me off, so once she was gone, I took it up with our ASM.  We filled out the paperwork, filed the paperwork, and now he's catching a $h*tstorm because she wasn't told about me getting hurt, even though I had two witnesses to me trying to tell her.  Of course, according to her I didn't try to tell her, as an injury is very important and she would have been on top of that immediately.  Basically, it's everyone else's fault but hers because she wasn't paying attention and listening to her employees, after all she's the perfect manager with over 26 years with the company.  Her people skills suck and she has more complaints filed against her than any other employee in our store, but no one above her ever hears about them because she's the one in charge of forwarding all that to corporate.

Anyways, saw Doctor today, he's thinking maybe tendonitis from a 10 year old injury... I'm thinking he's going to be proven wrong.  Gave me some painkillers, put me on light duty, will go back on Monday.

sounds a bit like my boss, cept ive worked in this company more than twice as long yet apparently that means nothing. Retail sucks. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it improves soon.

as to the Xmas thanksgiving halloween thing, we dont have much to do with halloween and nothing to do with thanksgiving. Solves that problem. No Black Friday here to worry about. Xmas stuff is out everywhere and has been for a while but it aint stopping me from enjoying it with my family. Xmas will continue to always be about family and friends and good times, and I cant complain about getting pressies either Wink

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1044 on: November 08, 2014, 03:56:12 AM »

sounds a bit like my boss, cept ive worked in this company more than twice as long yet apparently that means nothing. Retail sucks. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope it improves soon.

as to the Xmas thanksgiving halloween thing, we dont have much to do with halloween and nothing to do with thanksgiving. Solves that problem. No Black Friday here to worry about. Xmas stuff is out everywhere and has been for a while but it aint stopping me from enjoying it with my family. Xmas will continue to always be about family and friends and good times, and I cant complain about getting pressies either Wink

Thanksgiving is an American Holiday, so I figured you guys don't have anything between Halloween and X-Mas. So it makes sense that the stuff starts coming out down there, as it's probably your next major Holiday.

I still enjoy celebrating X-Mas, and don't let it ruin my day. I basically just hate the time leading up to it, and how Thanksgiving(which is a GREAT Holiday in my book) is basically ignored in favor of a corporate holiday, designed to make as much money as possible, and(I'm convinced) make their employees' lives a living hell!

(Sig by me!)

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #1045 on: November 08, 2014, 07:16:43 AM »

I'm with you,

I love Halloween, I spend months planning a yearly themed party and spend way too much money to make myself and a bunch of people I really don't know have a good time, (I'm not a very social person, so usually I'm enteraining my wife's friends and family. But none the less 25 to 40 people have a really great time enjoying the theme my wife and I put together.

It always upsets me when Christmas items replace the Halloween items in the store and the non-commercial holiday is by passed, but it doesn't suprise me in this country, besides food there is no money to be made on Thanksgiving.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1046 on: November 08, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »

I should add, when I said corporate holiday, I was referring to Black Friday. I try to celebrate Christmas with as little corporate influence as possible.

Severus, Halloween parties are great. I was supposed to go to one with some co-workers this year, but it ended up getting canceled. But it worked out, we went to an awesome Haunted house/hayride/corn maze instead.

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1047 on: November 08, 2014, 05:00:45 PM »

The Christmas stuff at work has been up since frieken Labor Day! I mean really, not even Halloween when it was put up. Now all I see and hear is about Black Friday. Since when did Halloween and Thanksgiving become throw away days in the minds of society? It's not right. It angers me.

I used to love Christmas, everything about it. The atmosphere, the weather, the decorations, and of coarse presents. The last couple years I've come to dislike it. We get beat over the head with it for three months straight to the point where, by the time Thanksgiving comes around, I'm already sick of it. I'm sick of seeing the decorations, sick of hearing the same 4 songs in every store I enter that they've had on repeat since Nov. 1.

Thank you society. Thanks for ruining a wonderful time of year. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing!

I protest in my own way.

Halloween decorations can be scary enough, but there's nothing like the satisfaction you get from having hard core Christmas lovers screaming at you for desecrating their holiday.

Look, if you don't want to see a headless Santa wielding a machete, Rudolph upside down being dressed as if he was just shot by a hunter, or Zombie Three Wise Men attacking the Nativity scene, then don't put your Christmas decorations out for sale before Halloween.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1048 on: November 09, 2014, 06:17:55 AM »

I protest in my own way.

Halloween decorations can be scary enough, but there's nothing like the satisfaction you get from having hard core Christmas lovers screaming at you for desecrating their holiday.

Look, if you don't want to see a headless Santa wielding a machete, Rudolph upside down being dressed as if he was just shot by a hunter, or Zombie Three Wise Men attacking the Nativity scene, then don't put your Christmas decorations out for sale before Halloween.

Come on man, post pictures!

(Sig by me!)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1049 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:25 AM »

Come on man, post pictures!

Well, there won't be any until I get a house with a yard. I put them up once on my apartment balcony and was politely asked to take them down by the complex because the owners of the complex, being hardcore Bible-thumpers, did not take too kindly to my display. I figured that it was better to acquiesce lest I find myself evicted for some trumped up reason...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: