Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313249 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1110 on: July 18, 2015, 10:59:41 PM »

I have no idea where cheddar comes from, but the people who make it deserve all the awards.

Oh wait, aren't we supposed to be venting?  Uh.  It rained yesterday.  It sucked.   Tongue

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1111 on: July 19, 2015, 01:07:30 AM »

My vent was that Canadian Cheddar was not allowed in the USA contest ( with free trade and all ).  Kinda sucks.  Angry

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1112 on: July 19, 2015, 03:25:02 AM »

That's lame!  ALL cheddar should be allowed, for ALL cheddar is amazing!  Let's start a protest.

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2015, 08:59:33 AM »

You poor deluded fools.  NEITHER American or Canadian cheese can be described as Cheddar.  Has to be made within approximately 7.2 miles from the village of Cheddar to be so called.  Will have to be labelled as Cheese (generic).

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1114 on: July 19, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »

In a similar vein, I can't stand what people call champagne. Champagne is specifically made in the Champagne region of France. Whatever is produced elsewhere should be called "sparkling white wine."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1115 on: July 19, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

You poor deluded fools.  NEITHER American or Canadian cheese can be described as Cheddar.  Has to be made within approximately 7.2 miles from the village of Cheddar to be so called.  Will have to be labelled as Cheese (generic).

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

I'm looking for a damn to give, but I just can't find one.  Wink 

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1116 on: July 19, 2015, 03:01:22 PM »

I'm looking for a damn to give, but I just can't find one.  Wink  

Besides, we all know that a good smokey provolone is superior to any cheddar out there.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1117 on: July 20, 2015, 03:25:03 AM »

Man, I'd like to get this engraved on a plaque and just . . .  hit someone with it now and then.   Cheesy  I, too, suffer from this problem.  Seriously, if you don't like what I have to say?  Hey, that's cool.  Get out and get over it.  But to get all puffed up and proclaim how "offended" you are is getting a little old, especially when it's something as simple as, "I like cheddar cheese."  There's always some idiot going, "What do you MEAN you like cheddar???  What about AMERICAN cheese, huh?  Did you ever think about THAT?"   Well, no.  Because I freakin' like cheddar cheese, dammit.   Tongue

The original joke was "What's black and doesn't work?" Before even waiting for the punchline one of the people I was telling it to, immediately flew off the handle about racial stereotypes and what not. Don't wait to hear the whole joke before deciding I'm racist or anything, it's okay.

The punchline by the way is "Decaffeinated coffee." Imagine their frustration when they realized THEY were the ones being offended over nothing. Of coarse their response was, "That's not the real joke, you only changed because I called you out, blah blah blah."

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1118 on: July 20, 2015, 03:38:14 AM »

The original joke was "What's black and doesn't work?" Before even waiting for the punchline one of the people I  :)was telling it to, immediately flew off the handle about racial stereotypes and what not. Don't wait to hear the whole joke before deciding I'm racist or anything, it's okay.

The punchline by the way is "Decaffeinated coffee." Imagine their frustration when they realized THEY were the ones being offended over nothing. Of coarse their response was, "That's not the real joke, you only changed because I called you out, blah blah blah."

I must be honest, I've never heard the "Decaf" version before and I've been around for a handful of decades.  It is easy to see "how" someone can assume the punchline YET, assuming is NOT a good thing.  As a matter of fact, "assume" is not part of my vocabulary as I work in the field of science. Smiley

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1119 on: July 20, 2015, 04:15:06 AM »

The original joke was "What's black and doesn't work?" Before even waiting for the punchline one of the people I was telling it to, immediately flew off the handle about racial stereotypes and what not. Don't wait to hear the whole joke before deciding I'm racist or anything, it's okay.

WOW.  People dropped the race card on that?  I guess my brain isn't wired that way because I thought to myself, "my coffee pot when I forget to plug the bastard in."  (Because I do.  Frequently.)

But your punchline is better.

Ha ha, wow.  Speshul snowflake syndrome on that one. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1120 on: July 20, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »

WOW.  People dropped the race card on that?  I guess my brain isn't wired that way because I thought to myself, "my coffee pot when I forget to plug the bastard in."  (Because I do.  Frequently.)

I was going to say my computer.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1121 on: July 21, 2015, 12:43:57 AM »

I must be honest, I've never heard the "Decaf" version before and I've been around for a handful of decades.  It is easy to see "how" someone can assume the punchline YET, assuming is NOT a good thing.  As a matter of fact, "assume" is not part of my vocabulary as I work in the field of science. Smiley

Don't get me me wrong, I can see how that might be taken the wrong way, which is why I told it to my co-workers who I trust. But like you said, assuming isn't always a good thing. In fact, I make a point to hear THE WHOLE JOKE or story or whatever, before I make my decision on whether or not something is truly inappropriate, or offensive. I even made a point to wait until we were in the meat room, so as not to risk a customer hearing the beginning and assuming the worst.

Definitely. Special snowflake syndrome is pretty common it seems these days. In people of all races, creeds, ages, political affiliations, and backgrounds. It's sad really.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1122 on: July 21, 2015, 01:24:45 AM »

Don't get me me wrong, I can see how that might be taken the wrong way, which is why I told it to my co-workers who I trust. But like you said, assuming isn't always a good thing. In fact, I make a point to hear THE WHOLE JOKE or story or whatever, before I make my decision on whether or not something is truly inappropriate, or offensive. I even made a point to wait until we were in the meat room, so as not to risk a customer hearing the beginning and assuming the worst.

Definitely. Special snowflake syndrome is pretty common it seems these days. In people of all races, creeds, ages, political affiliations, and backgrounds. It's sad really.

...and that brings me to a "vent".  Personally, I am so weary of the tossing of accusations across racial lines.  I believe we all have much better things to do and accomplish in life than to perpetuate the anger that is associated with a past that no one in the present had anything to do with nor can do anything about.  We must move beyond this sinister cloud that continues to block the light from allowing a vision of clarity. Having spent a career in the US Army, one thing I lived by was seeing "Green".  I looked beyond, sex, race, culture and ethnicity.  All I saw was Green!  I can't tell you how that helped me, especially when I was responsible for 80+ individuals.  Treating everyone as equal and doling out praise and punishment with an even hand is attributed to my success.  I only wish others could do what I was able, and continue to demonstrate in life.  Tired, SO tired of it all! 

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1123 on: July 21, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »

...and that brings me to a "vent".  Personally, I am so weary of the tossing of accusations across racial lines.  I believe we all have much better things to do and accomplish in life than to perpetuate the anger that is associated with a past that no one in the present had anything to do with nor can do anything about.  We must move beyond this sinister cloud that continues to block the light from allowing a vision of clarity. Having spent a career in the US Army, one thing I lived by was seeing "Green".  I looked beyond, sex, race, culture and ethnicity.  All I saw was Green!  I can't tell you how that helped me, especially when I was responsible for 80+ individuals.  Treating everyone as equal and doling out praise and punishment with an even hand is attributed to my success.  I only wish others could do what I was able, and continue to demonstrate in life.  Tired, SO tired of it all! 

I once heard someone say that Bill Cosby wasn't Black, he was "Clear". What he joked about everyone could relate to.

I'm just waiting for the day when anybody can make a joke about any diversity, and everyone (all inclusive) laughs. For instance, I'm white, and rythmically challenged in my lower extremeties. I get the joke about white people not being able to dance. Although this is not true of all white people (and I tip my hat to those that try  Roll Eyes), my particular heritage is not strong in dance, but in music. Both sides of my family are very musically talented both vocally and instrumentally.

It has been my experience that offense is only taken by those who are unwilling to change what they already don't like about themselves.

This may have absolutely nothing to do with what's being discussed, but at least I got it off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1124 on: July 21, 2015, 03:10:17 PM »

You know, this has nothing to do with being "offended," but I guess it's kind of in the same vein?

People who give backhanded compliments need to sit down.  Someone said to a client of mine, "Wow, you're so pretty now that you've lost weight!  You're too pretty to be fat!"   Excuse you, she has always been pretty, you jerk-and-a-half.  I wanted to say to him, "Hey, she may have been 'fat' to you before, but you're an idiot, and she can lose weight."  Tongue    What I DID say to him isn't appropriate for this forum.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: