Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313065 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1350 on: August 21, 2015, 03:18:42 PM »

People don't know how to drive in snow, it's amazing really. We don't see it here in PA for a whole six months, and it's like "OH MY GOD WHAT'S THIS WHITE STUFF ALL OVER THE PLACE FALLING FROM THE SKY!!!!!!!!!" I personally love the people who slow down to nearly a crawl, on the highway, every time a little snow starts to fall, even though it isn't sticking to the road but just making it a little wet. Keep in mind these are the same people that nearly hydroplane across multiple lanes because they refuse to slow down when it's raining.

I have taken on a more aggressive stance when it comes to driving, due to drivers from surrounding areas. IL drivers are not to be trusted. St. Joseph Cnty drivers are overly safe to a dangerous degree. Goshen drivers are for the most part clueless. And MI drivers are just an accident waiting to happen. They are either too fast or too slow, and they just don't give a ______. I blame their "No-fault" insurance practices.

I'm all for lead feet, but let's get real. I could shoot people that don't take a practical factoring of weather into how they drive. If visibility is only 6', slow the frell down. If you can't see the sun (and it's not just parked behind a cloud surrounded by clear blue sky), turn your damn lights on. I could shoot people for that one.

What really gets me though are those A-holes that just can't wait to pull out, but they take forever to accellerate, and then don't even try to get up to the proper speed. It is probably best that I lack the ability to bitch slap people's cars off the road with the Force, cuz there'd have been at least 5 "accidents" this morning on my way to work. Angry Angry Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1351 on: August 21, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »

I have taken on a more aggressive stance when it comes to driving, due to drivers from surrounding areas. IL drivers are not to be trusted. St. Joseph Cnty drivers are overly safe to a dangerous degree. Goshen drivers are for the most part clueless. And MI drivers are just an accident waiting to happen. They are either too fast or too slow, and they just don't give a ______. I blame their "No-fault" insurance practices.

I'm all for lead feet, but let's get real. I could shoot people that don't take a practical factoring of weather into how they drive. If visibility is only 6', slow the frell down. If you can't see the sun (and it's not just parked behind a cloud surrounded by clear blue sky), turn your damn lights on. I could shoot people for that one.

What really gets me though are those A-holes that just can't wait to pull out, but they take forever to accellerate, and then don't even try to get up to the proper speed. It is probably best that I lack the ability to bitch slap people's cars off the road with the Force, cuz there'd have been at least 5 "accidents" this morning on my way to work. Angry Angry Angry

Omfg, Logos.  That reminds me of a driving rant that is hilarious in hindsight, but I was NOT AMUSED at the time it happened.

Earlier this year, I was driving to work and the radio warned me that both lanes on the interstate were blocked one exit down from where I needed to get on because some moron had swerved to close to the construction barriers in the rain and knocked them all over, wtf.  He'd crashed his car in the process and there was glass and gas everywhere.   So, they were re-routing us to a side street that runs parallel to the interstate. 

A few minutes later, an announcement comes over the radio that this street is now ALSO closed in BOTH directions (coming and going!) because . . . . someone HIT A CONSTRUCTION BARRIER and then smashed into oncoming traffic. 

What even. 

I just called out that day.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #1352 on: August 21, 2015, 05:39:30 PM »

Picture this:  You have folks from all over the Pacific Rim that live here.  Japanese, Koreans, Chinese, Philippinos, Samoans, Marshalese, yadda, yadda.  Combine that with the Military stationed here from ALL over the US and then....the young and elderly.  One major artery of freeway running East/West with about 5-6 lanes both ways.  Take all those variables and add in the lack of turn signal use, lack of education on driving and just the, as you said DL, "...they just don't five a _______!" attitude, and you've got one hell of a mix when driving.  Let's just say, EVERYDAY brings forth a plethora of profanity from my pie hole that still hangs over the city of Honolulu to this day! Wink

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1353 on: August 21, 2015, 07:20:38 PM »

Let's just say, EVERYDAY brings forth a plethora of profanity from my pie hole that still hangs over the city of Honolulu to this day! Wink

A fan of A Christmas Story. Nice.

Yeah, if I were on Hawaii, I'd probably avoid the major cities like the plague.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1354 on: August 22, 2015, 03:26:05 AM »

There is a special sector of Hell just for those people. I feel your pain.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1355 on: August 22, 2015, 03:08:44 PM »

Different type of driving vent, but they just raised the speed limit on the portion of the interstate near our house.  I was overjoyed because there is this 15 mile stretch that is 10 miles UNDER everything else in both directions and I always thought that was absurd, considering there's nothing "special" about that portion of the interstate.

Well, everyone is freaking out and no one will drive the damn speed limit.  It's like they're afraid of it!   People, it's just 10 extra miles per hour.  Fear is the path to the Unnecessary Traffic and Accidents side.   Roll Eyes

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1356 on: August 22, 2015, 09:39:04 PM »

Different type of driving vent, but they just raised the speed limit on the portion of the interstate near our house.  I was overjoyed because there is this 15 mile stretch that is 10 miles UNDER everything else in both directions and I always thought that was absurd, considering there's nothing "special" about that portion of the interstate.

Well, everyone is freaking out and no one will drive the damn speed limit.  It's like they're afraid of it!   People, it's just 10 extra miles per hour.  Fear is the path to the Unnecessary Traffic and Accidents side.   Roll Eyes

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1357 on: August 23, 2015, 01:27:23 AM »

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1358 on: August 24, 2015, 09:35:20 PM »

There is a special sector of Hell just for those people. I feel your pain.

Points. I needed that laugh.

Sig by For Tyeth

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1359 on: August 26, 2015, 01:59:59 AM »

What the hell have they done to photobucket??  None of the links for stuff show up on the side of the picture anymore.  I had to go through all kinds of weird crap to figure out how to find them again. 

Yeah, taking suggestions for another photo storage service in 3 . . . .2 . . . . 1.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #1360 on: August 26, 2015, 02:02:23 AM »

I always use tinypic, it's not for storage, but easy posting.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1361 on: August 26, 2015, 02:21:15 AM »

What the hell have they done to photobucket??  None of the links for stuff show up on the side of the picture anymore.  I had to go through all kinds of weird crap to figure out how to find them again. 

Yeah, taking suggestions for another photo storage service in 3 . . . .2 . . . . 1.

I prefer www.imgur.com

Not only do they not have an upper limit on how much you can upload, you can also choose to publicly post your images for people to comment or create a private album, in which only you or the people you choose to share with can see the images.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1362 on: August 26, 2015, 03:20:17 AM »

I prefer www.imgur.com

Not only do they not have an upper limit on how much you can upload, you can also choose to publicly post your images for people to comment or create a private album, in which only you or the people you choose to share with can see the images.

Yes, this is a win.  Thank you! 

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1363 on: August 26, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »

Cool! When you sign up, hit me up. I'm TheMadProfessor.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #1364 on: August 26, 2015, 04:14:19 AM »

Cool! When you sign up, hit me up. I'm TheMadProfessor.

I'm SkyGuyNo lol. 

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: