Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313212 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1665 on: January 22, 2016, 05:39:59 AM »

Wow.  You are very fortunate that was just coffee and that it did not strike in a way that could've put it through your windshield.  I had a narrow miss with an I-beam once that was honestly terrifying...but anything, when it's flying at you at high speed, definitely is.  I'm glad you're safe.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Antron007
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 35

Give light or dark points and let the force decide

« Reply #1666 on: January 22, 2016, 05:48:42 AM »

@bulvoy- I'm 40 and still get that road rage when some jerk does something dumb like cut me off. If  they hit my car with something, we'd have words at least. Kudos to you for showing reserve.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sabers I own: Customized Archon V3* (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with PYO, Currently set to GB; Customized Dark Initiate LE v4 (Stunt) CG; Apprentice V4 (Grab Bag w/ li-ion) BR; Graflex SE (Emerald w/ v4 Sound), Ordered with GB, Currently set to GB; Menace SE* (DIY); TBD;

*Hilts I swap the electronics between.

Sabers/Hilts I want: Guardian, Chosen One SE, Consular, Dark Omen, the rest of them in no particular order.

"If you don't see me somewhere out there in the Galaxy slaying some form of evil, it's because I'm sneaking up on you right now." - Antron Mok

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 39

Follower of the Light

« Reply #1667 on: January 22, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »

Honestly, I was partial to SF and US. Not any horror stories, but I have been checking out both companies (more SF) for a long time. I tried to find negative reviews from both sites and SF just getting more recent ones. And US had some bad ones in the past, but it looks like they really cleared up the game around Aug of 2015. I heard that the owner from SF did not respect veterans and that just pissed me off. Like that was a hot topic around many saber forums. Mainly the owner being a huge d-bag. Though I do love there movie hilts, I just couldn't support an organization who doesn't respect veterans. US had so many more options and was much more price friendly. Though I may even go and purchase a saber from VadersVault since they are soon releasing a Graflex saber with sound based on the Parks 2.0 kit for rough $300-400.
I ultimately decided to buy 2 sabers from US mainly due to their price and good reviews.
I decided to stay away from SF because they lag on there orders by many months and I don't want to deal with having a product arrive broken after months of waiting. I'm still a bit wary on my order from US, but hopefully I don't have any issues.

*Don't bash me because I included names. I just felt the need to properly express my opinion.

“When 900 years old, you reach… Look as good, you will not.”-Yoda

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 43

I prefer Light Side points. Not that I'll get any

« Reply #1668 on: January 23, 2016, 04:49:45 PM »

I'm not angry, I don't blame US, and I already contacted them.

But recently, my speaker broke off of the battery pack for no reason, so my bro and I fixed it. This morning, I try it out to learn that putting pressure from the clamps on speakers is a terrible idea. The speaker sounds like crap now, unfortunately. That'd be okay, I'd still ask for repairs, but the speaker still isn't back on the battery pack. And on top of that, I can't even get the battery pack back into the saber. Like I said, I don't blame US at all, but I'm kinda disappointed because I'm in the middle of a huge snowstorm with a broken saber. However, I still stand wholly by my review I made. And I'm 100% sure this was a fluke, since like I said it hadn't been abused at all. So don't take this as an indication of their quality if you don't already have a saber.

-If I'm not me, who's anybody?
Saber: Aeon V4 w/ Obsidian V3 - Guardian Blue

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #1669 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:47 PM »

Honestly, I was partial to SF and US. Not any horror stories, but I have been checking out both companies (more SF) for a long time. I tried to find negative reviews from both sites and SF just getting more recent ones. And US had some bad ones in the past, but it looks like they really cleared up the game around Aug of 2015. I heard that the owner from SF did not respect veterans and that just pissed me off. Like that was a hot topic around many saber forums. Mainly the owner being a huge d-bag. Though I do love there movie hilts, I just couldn't support an organization who doesn't respect veterans. US had so many more options and was much more price friendly. Though I may even go and purchase a saber from VadersVault since they are soon releasing a Graflex saber with sound based on the Parks 2.0 kit for rough $300-400.
I ultimately decided to buy 2 sabers from US mainly due to their price and good reviews.
I decided to stay away from SF because they lag on there orders by many months and I don't want to deal with having a product arrive broken after months of waiting. I'm still a bit wary on my order from US, but hopefully I don't have any issues.

*Don't bash me because I included names. I just felt the need to properly express my opinion.

No bashing, but it's actually against the rules to include names, even if you wanted to express opinion

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1670 on: January 23, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »

I'm not angry, I don't blame US, and I already contacted them.

But recently, my speaker broke off of the battery pack for no reason, so my bro and I fixed it. This morning, I try it out to learn that putting pressure from the clamps on speakers is a terrible idea. The speaker sounds like crap now, unfortunately. That'd be okay, I'd still ask for repairs, but the speaker still isn't back on the battery pack. And on top of that, I can't even get the battery pack back into the saber. Like I said, I don't blame US at all, but I'm kinda disappointed because I'm in the middle of a huge snowstorm with a broken saber. However, I still stand wholly by my review I made. And I'm 100% sure this was a fluke, since like I said it hadn't been abused at all. So don't take this as an indication of their quality if you don't already have a saber.
Update: Nevermind, the speaker diaphragm was pushed in or something, and now it's popped out. The battery pack just barely fits in the hilt, but that's okay.

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Follower of the Light

« Reply #1671 on: January 23, 2016, 09:26:36 PM »

No bashing, but it's actually against the rules to include names, even if you wanted to express opinion

Some rules are meant to be broken. I already spoke to someone about it and they said it was okay. What's done is done.

123outerme
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #1672 on: January 24, 2016, 03:24:13 AM »

Update #2 on my battery pack: One of the wires connecting the battery pack to the speaker was severed, so now I can't use the saber at all. I'm going to have to wait for the snow to go away, for US to reply to me, and for them to receive my package, fix the saber, send it back, and me to receive it. Like I said, I just need to vent a little, I'll wait patiently and I don't blame or hate anyone for what's happened. Just a little frustrated I got my saber and can't use it anymore.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1673 on: February 08, 2016, 02:59:57 PM »

Coming down with a cold in 42C (108F) weather sux big time Sad this weather is here to stay as well- 42 for the next couple days, then 40, then high thirties. Add to that the air con at work is cr@ppy and two of the four vents are just pumping out hot moist air. Drinking water like a camel atm! Though it isn't helping my very sore throat  Undecided

I also can't afford time off work because I don't have any sick leave to cover it after my surgery and I'm not exactly rich atm and I'm still trying to pay off a couple of big bills  Undecided sucky.

On a positive note at least my ankle seems to be improving!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1674 on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:47 PM »

Coming down with a cold in 42C (108F) weather sux big time Sad this weather is here to stay as well- 42 for the next couple days, then 40, then high thirties. Add to that the air con at work is cr@ppy and two of the four vents are just pumping out hot moist air. Drinking water like a camel atm! Though it isn't helping my very sore throat  Undecided

I also can't afford time off work because I don't have any sick leave to cover it after my surgery and I'm not exactly rich atm and I'm still trying to pay off a couple of big bills  Undecided sucky.

There's the rub...it doesn't have to be cold outside for you to catch a cold.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #1675 on: February 08, 2016, 04:11:23 PM »

Coming down with a cold in 42C (108F) weather sux big time Sad this weather is here to stay as well- 42 for the next couple days, then 40, then high thirties. Add to that the air con at work is cr@ppy and two of the four vents are just pumping out hot moist air. Drinking water like a camel atm! Though it isn't helping my very sore throat  Undecided

I also can't afford time off work because I don't have any sick leave to cover it after my surgery and I'm not exactly rich atm and I'm still trying to pay off a couple of big bills  Undecided sucky.

1) Take a hot shower... hot as you can stand it, and breathe in the steam. This will help break up the mucus in your system.
2) Overdose yourself on Vitamin C. Seriously, buy a bag or two of your favorite citrus fruit and eat ALL of it. Vitamin C kickstarts your immune system.
3) Drink plenty of water to help flush the sickness out of your system.
4) Get plenty of rest.

There's the rub...it doesn't have to be cold outside for you to catch a cold.

In point of fact, the cold virus likes a moist, warm place to incubate. It can't survive the cold.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1676 on: February 08, 2016, 04:22:46 PM »

I would also add--even though it's going to be utterly miserable while it lasts...do not attempt to lower your fever unless it gets very high or lasts way longer than it should.  You'll actually recover faster if you allow your body to burn the cold out.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Follower of the Light

« Reply #1677 on: February 08, 2016, 04:40:54 PM »

I would also add--even though it's going to be utterly miserable while it lasts...do not attempt to lower your fever unless it gets very high or lasts way longer than it should.  You'll actually recover faster if you allow your body to burn the cold out.

Agree. A fever is the bodies most powerful defense mechanism. Even though you feel weak. It is actually strengthen your immune system and working your internals over-time. I turn down medicine that lowers my fever because I tend on to rely on my body's immune system to handle itself. Only a few times do I drink antibiotics for a fever.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1678 on: February 08, 2016, 04:44:54 PM »

I let my last two illnesses burn out and it helped...I only took medicine for the fever in the case of the flu I had last year, when my temp hit 102.  But other than times like that when it looks like it could be headed higher than it should in an adult, I try to ride it out.

Also got to agree with sleep.  Even if it shouldn't be your normal time to rest, I take the policy of sleeping any time I feel tired, when sick, on top of a good night's sleep.  Even if that means two and three naps in a day if I really feel bad, so be it.  Plus when the fever aches are really going, it helps in enduring that.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

brthegreat
Knight Templar

Follower of the Light

« Reply #1679 on: February 08, 2016, 04:46:40 PM »

Same. I only take NyQuil to help me sleep the night. I usually prefer having a fever than the after shock of mucus. I hate having to blow my nose 100 times a day and cough like a smoker for weeks.

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: