Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313257 times)
Bedrock
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 2

I'll take on any job .... for the right price.

« Reply #2025 on: April 08, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »

Serenity now (insanity later).

Jedi, Sith - two sides of a coin that is no longer currency.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2026 on: April 08, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

My default is "low-level pissed off."   I smile when I'm angry.  I laugh when I'm furious.  I once had a psych professor tell me I had "inappropriate affect."  I smiled nastily and laughed about it.  He was horrified.  Not sorry about it!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2027 on: April 08, 2016, 10:39:25 PM »

You'll know I'm angry, because I'll suddenly get very quiet. I'm normally a pretty loud and talkative person once I'm comfortable around you. But if I'm pissed, silence and a few brief, vague answers is all you'll get. I do have actual outbursts once in a while though.(I went Kylo Ren on some stuff the other day).

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2028 on: April 08, 2016, 10:46:46 PM »

My default is "low-level pissed off."   I smile when I'm angry.  I laugh when I'm furious.  I once had a psych professor tell me I had "inappropriate affect."  I smiled nastily and laughed about it.  He was horrified.  Not sorry about it!

You know, a crazy part of me almost wonders if that kind of thing could be an atavism (if it's not at all deliberate). Ever notice that out of all primates, humans have their signals reversed?  Any other primate, a smile is a threat display and a laugh is a signal of distress.

(No insult meant...this is just my weird mind at work overthinking everything. Wink )

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2029 on: April 09, 2016, 01:11:07 AM »

You know, a crazy part of me almost wonders if that kind of thing could be an atavism (if it's not at all deliberate). Ever notice that out of all primates, humans have their signals reversed?  Any other primate, a smile is a threat display and a laugh is a signal of distress.

(No insult meant...this is just my weird mind at work overthinking everything. Wink )

I am definitely not distressed or threatened.  Those emotions are rare for me.   Cheesy

Honestly, I just really, really like being angry.  It's my favorite emotion.  It feels great to me.  Fiery.  Alive.  Bonus points if I'm smiling and the other person looks vaguely uncomfortable and slightly afraid.  Wink

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #2030 on: April 09, 2016, 01:43:42 AM »

So I'm house sitting for some friends of mine and they went to go see a Dodgers game.

Their german shepherd just chewed through my laptop charging cord.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2031 on: April 09, 2016, 03:39:59 AM »

I am definitely not distressed or threatened.  Those emotions are rare for me.   Cheesy

Honestly, I just really, really like being angry.  It's my favorite emotion.  It feels great to me.  Fiery.  Alive.  Bonus points if I'm smiling and the other person looks vaguely uncomfortable and slightly afraid.  Wink

I also like being angry, mostly for the same reasons.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #2032 on: April 09, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »

can't say as I enjoy being angry, unless I have an outlet, like smashing something for kindling.....or the person who got me angry in the first place, anger is good in a fight, makes you focus, hit harder and faster, and in my case laugh manically. Laughing is one of the scariest things you can do in a fight, absolutely terrifies people, last time I did this a group of about 6 chavs actually ran off in sheer terror.

related to this I have not had any issues in my home town for quiet a while now. The most that has happened is some chavs said I couldn't use the juke box, they left when my brother told them who I was and that the gang of bikers in the corner were my mates. And another time some chav (yeah we have a problem with them) tried to stop me going through the door to the beer garden......so I propelled him face first into the nearest wall, said "don't try it" and went through the door, he then left the pub came back with some mates, who all left when they spotted I was with my brother. Guess fighting Connah 'the barbarian psycho' and Cualann 'd**k head' was a bit daunting.

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2033 on: April 09, 2016, 07:52:44 PM »

I think every neighbor in the cul-de-sac picked today to have play-dates/birthday parties for their shrieking minions.  I'm about to bust up in there with several lightsabers and whole lot of Benadryl-enhanced kool-aid.  

Bedrock
Knight Major

« Reply #2034 on: April 09, 2016, 08:46:23 PM »

I could go for some enhanced kool-aid.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2035 on: April 10, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »

A friend of mine who has a serious, ongoing medical condition seems to be struggling even worse with it lately.  I don't want to put any personal/identifying details because I don't want even the slightest chance of this person seeing me worrying to this degree, but I am getting much more worried for my friend of late and I am not sure this person is going to make it through 2016.  I hate knowing that my friend is going through hell.  I don't know that their body can take too much more of this, and I know that it has been the cause of so much spiritual weariness as well.  I don't know what to hope for.  I am sorry to sound like I'm misapplying a quote, or being irreverent, but it honestly describes how I feel when I think about it: it's tearing me apart. Sad

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #2036 on: April 10, 2016, 07:26:18 PM »

A friend of mine who has a serious, ongoing medical condition seems to be struggling even worse with it lately.  I don't want to put any personal/identifying details because I don't want even the slightest chance of this person seeing me worrying to this degree, but I am getting much more worried for my friend of late and I am not sure this person is going to make it through 2016.  I hate knowing that my friend is going through hell.  I don't know that their body can take too much more of this, and I know that it has been the cause of so much spiritual weariness as well.  I don't know what to hope for.  I am sorry to sound like I'm misapplying a quote, or being irreverent, but it honestly describes how I feel when I think about it: it's tearing me apart. Sad

Hey DJ,

Im sorry to hear about your friend.  I understand what it is to see a friend going through a tough medical crisis and the most difficult part is knowing that there is nothing that you can do.  Keep your head up and keep being there for your friend, you may be a bigger encouragement than you may know.  You and your friend will be in my thoughts and prayers.

KDP

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2037 on: April 10, 2016, 07:57:55 PM »

Ugh, this is one of the worst things ever to witness.  If you need to talk, just hit me up, okay? 

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2038 on: April 10, 2016, 09:11:22 PM »

I have never met this friend in person, though we have spoken on the phone once.  That doesn't make it any easier to know all of this is happening.

Thanks for your kind words though.  Hopefully I will not end up coming back at some point with worse news.  But I really do not know at all what's going to happen, if, or when.  Or what is best.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Bedrock
Knight Major

« Reply #2039 on: April 10, 2016, 09:17:38 PM »

MTFBWY

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: