Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306745 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2175 on: April 23, 2016, 03:31:56 PM »

Ahh...I didn't know that was your situation.  Unfortunately I'm familiar with that, as my grandparents on my dad's side came from a rural town that solved animal problems the same way--by shooting or giving the authorization to shoot if the animals kept coming onto your property. Sad

Sounds like the only hope to change the situation would be a private rescue group (as opposed to the city), and I know those are probably hard to come by in a rural area. :/

Sadly, the city shelter you're describing sounds like a smaller version of the dung-hole in my city (which is MUCH bigger).  Infuriates me just thinking about that place.

All the private groups I know rarely take new cases, as they tend to rescue animals from the kill shelters outside of the city and foster them when the no-kill is full.   I mean, yes, these dogs are dangerous and yes, they are aggressive, but shooting them?  Man, that's not on my list of "how to handle strays." 

What I used to do (until the city caught on) was I'd put the animal in the truck I used to have, drive into the city limits, anonymously call the no-kill shelter and say where I was, drop the animal off, and watch from a distance as they picked it up.  It took them a couple of years (!!!) to realize what people were doing, but when they did, they got really serious about the fines and punishments associated with duping the system. 

The problem may be solved now whether I like it or not because three of my neighbors called our HOA this morning.  Apparently, the dogs have been getting into their yards at night and one neighbor's cat got killed this morning.  HOA is required to report that and if these dogs are killing people's pets now?  Well, they have to go.  I probably won't take Padawag for a walk here tonight.  We'll go to my parents' neighborhood, which is gated and in the city limits.  No strays there. 

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2176 on: April 23, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »

My property butts up against a corn field. A couple of years ago, right after the harvest, a coyote spent the better part of the day hanging out in the field. That was a day where I was very, very hyper vigilant when I let my pab out in my yard. We have a fence, so I knew she'd be ok, as long as I kept my eye on everything. When she wasn't out, though, I did get some good pics with my wife's telephoto lense.

As far as fear goes, though, nothing compares to when we were doing retrieval training one day, and as we were walking out to the area where we did our training, I noticed a coyote hunting in some tall grass some distance away. I was just glad that 1) it didn't pay any attention to us, and 2) that I had already finished obedience and off leash training with my dog. One quick, quiet "Heel!," and she was back at my side, sitting, and ready to be leashed up and get out of there.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2177 on: April 23, 2016, 08:23:28 PM »

Yeah, if one of my cats got killed...I can't promise I wouldn't be screaming for blood, though admittedly I would be a LOT worse if it happened as a result of human cruelty.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2178 on: April 23, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »

Sorry for the double post...

I want the weather to hurry up and just get warm and STAY there (as in consistently above 80 F) so that I can actually sit comfortably outside.  Even the 70s, if the wind is going, can make me cold enough to want to come inside.

I've been TRYING to work on some writing, but unfortunately the comfortable seating is in the comic book and manga section here at Barnes & Noble.  And I FINALLY figured out that I am getting serious ADHD sensory overload sitting here that is making it absolutely impossible to concentrate.  It's like visual hell over here.  (Which now that I think about it may well be another reason I CANNOT STAND comics or manga, on top of all of the other reasons.)  The outdoor seating area...yeah, people walk by because it's an outdoor mall and there are cars and birds and so on, but...holy frak.  This is complete and utter chaos on my eyes over here.  I'm so done.

Dagnabbit.  I give up.  I'm going to go get some shopping done and go home and try to write where the only thing I have to worry about is whether a cat is going to walk across my keyboard.  The difference is that once my cats lay down, their presence is soothing instead of massively overstimulating.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #2179 on: April 23, 2016, 10:47:50 PM »

so once again I came home from work to see the house is an absolute tip and the sink is full of greasy water and food debris......my brother had been in the house one f***ing evening and he made more mess than I do in a week, I find the washing machine full of his laundry which he clearly expects me to sort out and the drying racks are all full of his laundry from last week

I spend three days clearing this all up and put my laundry out so I have some clothes to wear for work, and what does he go and do, throw them all on the floor in a 2 year old style strop because I haven't sorted all his laundry out, most of my clothes are still wet because I had to wait for his to dry before I could put mine out

I really can't wait for him to get his van sorted and gtfo of the house so I don't have to spend the entirety of my days off cleaning up

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2180 on: April 24, 2016, 01:49:01 AM »

Sorry for the double post...

I want the weather to hurry up and just get warm and STAY there (as in consistently above 80 F) so that I can actually sit comfortably outside.  Even the 70s, if the wind is going, can make me cold enough to want to come inside.

I've been TRYING to work on some writing, but unfortunately the comfortable seating is in the comic book and manga section here at Barnes & Noble.  And I FINALLY figured out that I am getting serious ADHD sensory overload sitting here that is making it absolutely impossible to concentrate.  It's like visual hell over here.  (Which now that I think about it may well be another reason I CANNOT STAND comics or manga, on top of all of the other reasons.)  The outdoor seating area...yeah, people walk by because it's an outdoor mall and there are cars and birds and so on, but...holy frak.  This is complete and utter chaos on my eyes over here.  I'm so done.

Dagnabbit.  I give up.  I'm going to go get some shopping done and go home and try to write where the only thing I have to worry about is whether a cat is going to walk across my keyboard.  The difference is that once my cats lay down, their presence is soothing instead of massively overstimulating.

I'm wishing for the same thing. It was almost 80 yesterday, everyone was wearing shorts and sandals, today it was back to pants and sneakers(except me, I refused to wear real shoes, so flip flops or barefoot it was until I went to the gym). I don't mind which way it goes, just as long as it picks one.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2181 on: April 24, 2016, 04:45:30 AM »

Car is in the shop until at least Monday.

Broke otherwise so nothing to do.

I'm going damn stir crazy...

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2182 on: April 24, 2016, 04:36:26 PM »

OOOOWWW!!!! MOTHER....SON OF A...HOLY...!!!!!

I just made pico de gallo for the garnish on tonight's dinner, and I just mistakenly ribbed my eye with the fingers that I used to hold the jalapeño while I diced it. Self inflicted pepper spray to one eye.  Cry is precisely how I feel.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2183 on: April 24, 2016, 10:23:35 PM »

Social Justice Warriors ™ really need to calm the hell down about mundane crap.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #2184 on: April 24, 2016, 10:42:25 PM »

Don't get me started. Not only do they need to calm down, they need to open their eyes to their own hypocrisy.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2185 on: April 24, 2016, 10:45:42 PM »

Oh yeah.  No kidding.  Guess what?  In real life, people are not clones.  If you want that life, there's a city for you where you can sing "Everything Is AWESOME!" all day.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2186 on: April 24, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »

I've been waiting to use this.

"Actually, we're the grayest and the blobbiest."

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2187 on: April 24, 2016, 11:24:42 PM »

Tumblr.  No.  Just no.  I loathe all social media but Tumblr is just...yikes.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2188 on: April 24, 2016, 11:38:55 PM »

What I see is the reverse.  Everyone wants a unique set of labels as an "identity."  Everyone and everything must have a label and all labels must have equal representation.  Now, there are some labels I personally use, but I don't give a flying crap if other people "know" these things about me or not.  I toss them out there if they're relevant, but if not?  No, I don't need to walk up to someone and introduce myself with my sexual orientation, my gender identity, and then list all my neuroses.

Stop it.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2189 on: April 24, 2016, 11:58:23 PM »

Eh. Generally I'm a pretty private person. Cant see as to why people need to put their business out there. People usually make their own opinions anyhow.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: