Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306912 times)
Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2190 on: April 25, 2016, 12:06:49 AM »

Social Justice Warriors ™ really need to calm the hell down about mundane crap.

I take great pride in having no idea who/what they are, and I'll thank all of you not to bother to tell me.

What I see is the reverse.  Everyone wants a unique set of labels as an "identity."  Everyone and everything must have a label and all labels must have equal representation.  Now, there are some labels I personally use, but I don't give a flying crap if other people "know" these things about me or not.  I toss them out there if they're relevant, but if not?  No, I don't need to walk up to someone and introduce myself with my sexual orientation, my gender identity, and then list all my neuroses.

Stop it.

Intersting.  I see it as, the only way equality will be achieved is if ALL the labels are removed, and we are all simply seen a person. No more, no less.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2191 on: April 25, 2016, 12:14:54 AM »

Eh. Generally I'm a pretty private person. Cant see as to why people need to put their business out there. People usually make their own opinions anyhow.

I'm the same.  I rarely give out what I consider to be personal information to people on the internet or anyone else, for that matter.  Now, what I consider personal probably varies from the public's version of it, but whatever.  Never given any kriffs about it . . . not gonna start now.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2192 on: April 25, 2016, 01:07:15 AM »

I'm the same.  I rarely give out what I consider to be personal information to people on the internet or anyone else, for that matter.  Now, what I consider personal probably varies from the public's version of it, but whatever.  Never given any kriffs about it . . . not gonna start now.

I'll tell you my name and where I'm from. I meant more along the lines of things people tend to label you for.

For example, I'm big on shooting and hunting and the like. I can't tell you how often I have been called a "gun nut" or an "animal murderer."

I learned not to try and correct people cause once they have their opinions, it's not worth the effort to try and sway them.

Not to say the first thing I say to people is "Hi, I'm Corry. I shoot Bambi." In fact, I rarely bring anything like that up. If someone asks, I'll certainly answer but I don't go broadcasting every bit of business I have.

Anyhow. The whole labeling thing doesn't bother me cause you really have no control over it. I tend to just mind my business and go about it regardless.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:10:48 AM by Darth Abaddon » Logged

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2193 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »

Noctis...yeah, some people do want to be special snowflakes.  But the only way they get their way is by erasing everyone else's right to be who THEY are.  "You're just _____ type of person.  Therefore you're not special, you can't have an opinion, and you're TRIGGERING US by speaking.  Or breathing.  Your job is just to provide window dressing for the rest of us--to be seen, and not heard."

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2194 on: April 25, 2016, 01:23:53 AM »

I only share things if it's relevant to the conversation. I don't introduce myself as anything other than my name. If it comes up in conversation I might tell you if I want you to know(or don't care). Sexual orientation, for instance. Is it PART of who I am? Yes. Is it who I am? No. Same with gender, taste in music, sports, and food.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2195 on: April 25, 2016, 01:24:40 AM »

I take great pride in having no idea who/what they are, and I'll thank all of you not to bother to tell me.

Intersting.  I see it as, the only way equality will be achieved is if ALL the labels are removed, and we are all simply seen a person. No more, no less.

They're not any one person.  It's many people making it their "job" to tell others how the think in the name of  "equality."  Southpark has made a lot of good jokes about them.  Back in my day, we called these people "PC."  *shakes cane!*

Labels can be useful, but just like anything, let's not get kriffing ridiculous, shall we?  Your entire being is made up many facets, but do they really all need a damn name?

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #2196 on: April 25, 2016, 02:30:12 AM »

They're not any one person.  It's many people making it their "job" to tell others how the think in the name of  "equality."  Southpark has made a lot of good jokes about them.  Back in my day, we called these people "PC."  *shakes cane!*

I laugh every time you say "back in my day" because I'm fairly certain you're younger than I am (I have no idea how old you are, but I know how old I am) though we're probably close enough that we have similar "back in my day" stories/experiences.

PC people are funny.  I can usually convince them they believe the opposit of what they think they believe.  Or at least that they're not as "correct" as they thought.

The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2197 on: April 25, 2016, 04:02:30 AM »

I laugh every time you say "back in my day" because I'm fairly certain you're younger than I am (I have no idea how old you are, but I know how old I am) though we're probably close enough that we have similar "back in my day" stories/experiences.

PC people are funny.  I can usually convince them they believe the opposit of what they think they believe.  Or at least that they're not as "correct" as they thought.

I don't remember your age, but I also know how old I am and society considers it "old," which is hilarious to me, considering I have the sense of humor of 12 year old boy. 

I never really understood that whole "PC" thing.  Oooh, you're offended?  So the hell what?  You don't get any magical powers or special rights because you're "offended."  Whoopity doo dah.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2198 on: April 25, 2016, 04:18:13 AM »

I don't remember your age, but I also know how old I am and society considers it "old," which is hilarious to me, considering I have the sense of humor of 12 year old boy. 

I never really understood that whole "PC" thing.  Oooh, you're offended?  So the hell what?  You don't get any magical powers or special rights because you're "offended."  Whoopity doo dah.

But Noctis. Words DO hurt!

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2199 on: April 25, 2016, 05:04:23 AM »

I assume a lot of you've never heard of this show but man, Fairly Oddparents is on a roll.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2200 on: April 25, 2016, 05:11:48 AM »

I think that one of the things that these SJW's don't seem to understand or care about is intent.  I actually do agree that psychological wounds can be worse than physical ones.  But I know the difference between those who actively meant me harm, and those who didn't realize what they were doing.  And I see no need to treat everyone as though they are criminals.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2201 on: April 25, 2016, 05:38:33 AM »

I think that one of the things that these SJW's don't seem to understand or care about is intent.  I actually do agree that psychological wounds can be worse than physical ones.  But I know the difference between those who actively meant me harm, and those who didn't realize what they were doing.  And I see no need to treat everyone as though they are criminals.

This is my problem.  You can't go around shouting at everyone and screaming about injustice and then, expect a sympathetic ear.  In fact, words and shouting are useless if you don't embody the change you want to see yourself.  Harming someone else does not heal you.  Dimming someone else's light does not make yours shine brighter. 

It's pretty easy to be nice and still make a point.  Yelling in someone's face about being the victim isn't going to help your cause.  Don't BE the victim.  Be the positive influence you want to see in others.  Seriously, this is not rocket science.

Vivectius
Knight Commander

« Reply #2202 on: April 25, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »

Sure, if I pick up a dictionary and chuck it at you.

But that's the PC problem, they aren't the ones actually offended, they're getting offended for other people because they think the others should feel offended.

It would be like Greedo getting offended because Boba Fett called Jabba the Hutt fat....

Unknown to death
 Nor known to life

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2203 on: April 25, 2016, 12:39:36 PM »

Sure, if I pick up a dictionary and chuck it at you.

Only if you hit the target.

But that's the PC problem, they aren't the ones actually offended, they're getting offended for other people because they think the others should feel offended.

It would be like Greedo getting offended because Boba Fett called Jabba the Hutt fat....

Some people just want an excuse to bitch. Their lives are so devoid of meaning and purpose, that they'll jump at the chance to battle anything. (Funny this coming from a Sith, but...)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2204 on: April 25, 2016, 03:33:40 PM »

Some people just want an excuse to bitch. Their lives are so devoid of meaning and purpose, that they'll jump at the chance to battle anything. (Funny this coming from a Sith, but...)

No, you make an excellent point.  That's very true.

I used to be friends with someone who just loved to crusade against "mean people."  If they found out anyone was "mean" to me, they would go into battle mode and the crusade began.  I had to take the person aside one day and inform them that I was the one who picked my own battles and that I didn't show up to every single one I was invited to, thank you very much.  Nor did I need a proxy to fight for me on my behalf.

I remember how shocked they were and they said something along the lines of, "but your're being marginalized!"  Well, no.  No, I'm not.  No one makes me feel small unless I let them and guess what doesn't happen?  I don't need to have my "group" recognized.  That's not my identity.  It's just a piece of it. 

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: