Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306679 times)
Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2355 on: May 10, 2016, 04:07:54 AM »

Man, I feel that.  I once got some very dangerous cysts from using standard deodorant, so I haven't used that mass market stuff since high school.  I use rock salt and essential oil, which is how this happened in the first place because they didn't have the regular oil I use in stock.  I tried this new stuff, thinking since it was the same oil made by a different company it would be fine.

INCORRECT. 

I had frozen peas in my armpits for a week.  It was NO JOKE.   Tongue
I apologize and ask for forgiveness but when I read the last part a laughed so hard I think I broke something. Sorry!

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2356 on: May 10, 2016, 04:09:08 AM »

The person who posted that might not be a native English speaker.  I haven't seen the post in question, but as someone who knows what it is like to speak a language that's not my own with the scrutiny of native speakers upon me, perhaps we should take a moment to remember how courageous it is to express oneself in a foreign language.  (At least, I get nervous as hell.  I don't know about anyone else...)

I don't think anyone meant any harm here.   

As an editor, grammar humor is my jam.  It's not a desire to be rude or make anyone feel bad, but I'm going to snicker if I see it.  I make fun of myself when I do it and English IS my native language. 

My Sentinel could honestly be louder.....

Mine is shockingly, absurdly loud.  It's turned down to about 65% right now and it's still louder than any of my others.  That thing is just a beast!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2357 on: May 10, 2016, 04:13:05 AM »

I apologize and ask for forgiveness but when I read the last part a laughed so hard I think I broke something. Sorry!

Well, it was meant to be funny, so I'm glad you laughed!  I had frozen peas shoved in my sports bra, too.   You'd better really be laughing now, bub.

*Double-posted.  Don't care!   Tongue

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2358 on: May 10, 2016, 04:13:28 AM »

Sorry...just something that stands out to me since I've been in the "non-native speaker" position before.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2359 on: May 10, 2016, 04:17:18 AM »

I have embarrassed myself with French too many times to count.  What's funny is that the French will openly correct your grammar and think nothing of it.  It's not considered rude or impolite.  I admit, I wish that were the case with English sometimes. 

I ain't got no probs doin' it.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2360 on: May 10, 2016, 05:24:10 AM »

The person who posted that might not be a native English speaker.  I haven't seen the post in question, but as someone who knows what it is like to speak a language that's not my own with the scrutiny of native speakers upon me, perhaps we should take a moment to remember how courageous it is to express oneself in a foreign language.  (At least, I get nervous as hell.  I don't know about anyone else...)

I'd thought of that, and I respect that possibility. 

It still hurts to read, and all of this person's posts are almost incomprehensible.  I don't think it's a language issue, although it of course could be, because there is also little or no capitalization or punctuation in their posts.  I can see incorrect grammar due to translation issues, but usually there is a semblance of sentence structure.  It's almost as if they are writing stream of consciousness, without reviewing what they wrote before posting.

And I can think of several other things that could cause the way they write which I choose not to go into here.  I'm not saying they should write better, I'm saying it hurt to read.  The fact that I grew up with a mother who taught college level grammar and composition probably doesn't help either.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2361 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:34 AM »

Irregardless of your grammar, I almost pead myself laughing about the frozen veggies.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2362 on: May 10, 2016, 05:37:02 AM »

Maybe we should commission Ultra to create the Officiall Saberforum Grammar Saber. The hilt would look like a stylized #2 pencil, painted in the same color as a standard school pencil (that off-yellow color) and the emitter would be chrome. The blade would be an "eraser-pink" color and the sound font would have to be customized with the ignition sound being a voice saying "The Oxford Comma is your friend." All other sounds would be other grammar rules.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2363 on: May 10, 2016, 05:55:51 AM »

Irregardless of your grammar, I almost pead myself laughing about the frozen veggies.

Irregardless.  LMFAO.  I hate you.   Cheesy 

Look, ice couldn't handle this job, okay.  You need mobile coldness that can navigate that madness properly.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2364 on: May 10, 2016, 06:00:40 AM »

Irregardless.  LMFAO.  I hate you.   Cheesy 

Look, ice couldn't handle this job, okay.  You need mobile coldness that can navigate that madness properly.

Here you go: http://www.diynatural.com/homemade-ice-pack/

Now stop wasting vegetables, young lady. Peas are bad enough without adding Armpit Smell to them.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2365 on: May 10, 2016, 06:11:40 AM »

Now stop wasting vegetables, young lady. Peas are bad enough without adding Armpit Smell to them.

HEY.  How dare you reference me as a "lady."   Wink

I have a "flexible" ice pack and let me tell you what, peas in a Ziploc worked WAY better than that joker.  Frozen peas are the best thing for injuries (or contact dermatitis, apparently).  I absolutely recommend that my clients use them when they're sore or injured.  I wouldn't recommend eating the little bastards.  What kind of trainer do you think I am?  Jeez.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2366 on: May 10, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »

I have embarrassed myself with French too many times to count.  What's funny is that the French will openly correct your grammar and think nothing of it.  It's not considered rude or impolite.  I admit, I wish that were the case with English sometimes. 

This is because french grammar is so .... "special" that when we correct someone, we are not sure that we are right  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2367 on: May 10, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »

Let her waste them. People with taste buds sure as hell aren't going to eat them. With or without pit stink.

This is because french grammar is so .... "special" that when we correct someone, we are not sure that we are right  Grin

Kind of like all the vestigial letters added to their words? Wink

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #2368 on: May 10, 2016, 01:53:59 PM »

Let her waste them. People with taste buds sure as hell aren't going to eat them. With or without pit stink.

Kind of like all the vestigial letters added to their words? Wink

Yes ... or 10 possibilities to conjugate the same verb in past tense Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2369 on: May 10, 2016, 01:59:15 PM »

Yes ... or 10 possibilities to conjugate the same verb in past tense Smiley

Yeah....I don't know French. I took Deutsch.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: