Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313766 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2475 on: May 16, 2016, 02:06:05 AM »

New rule, bathe before you go shopping, or stores can refuse you service until you clean yourself up, like an adult. I don't need to smell your BO, thank you. And I certainly don't need to know how many cigarettes you smoke per day, just by standing 5 feet from you.

This is the WORST. 

When I worked as a bank teller a few years ago, we had these high counter tops with dividers for each station.  There was this guy that would come in from his construction job to cash his check.  Look, I get it.  Construction makes you stinky.  However, he'd come in his undershirt then,  he would prop his damn arms up ON THE DIVIDERS and man, the funk would just about knock you down.  I swear he rubbed onions in his armpits.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2476 on: May 16, 2016, 02:37:00 AM »

Related: For the love of whatever deity you believe in, do not coat yourself in patchouli before you get on an airplane. It's been over 24 hours and I can still smell your hippie stank.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2477 on: May 16, 2016, 02:52:16 AM »

This is the WORST. 

When I worked as a bank teller a few years ago, we had these high counter tops with dividers for each station.  There was this guy that would come in from his construction job to cash his check.  Look, I get it.  Construction makes you stinky.  However, he'd come in his undershirt then,  he would prop his damn arms up ON THE DIVIDERS and man, the funk would just about knock you down.  I swear he rubbed onions in his armpits.

I hate that. I had one lady today, made me sick. She must have been a 3 pack a day smoker, and it smelled like it. Another guy literally smelled like fecal matter. Ew.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2478 on: May 16, 2016, 03:39:06 AM »

The worst I ever had was a lady that reeked of pot and poop.  She then tried to cover both smells by using some kind of baby powder scented horror and together, it smelled like something had died and was rotting in the sun.  One of my coworkers literally began to gag one day and had to walk away from the desk. 

And man, the smell LINGERED.  Ugh. 

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2479 on: May 16, 2016, 03:43:18 AM »

Oh my, wow. Sad

Yeah, I smelled a LOT of bad stuff in retail, for sure.

That said, the worst thing I ever had to deal with was, unfortunately, the result of the flu leading to a secondary infection and turning into bronchitis.  Bacterial bronchitis--I mean, it HAD to be, because that is the only way to explain the horrific stench that happened when I coughed.  I LIVED on Altoids, because I could not get away from it.

It was my senior year of high school and I had refused to take a single day off from school despite the flu.  BIG mistake.  Learn from that: if you're sick, take time off or it WILL turn into something worse.  Thankfully I recovered from all of that, but yeah...it so did not need to happen.  I just did not want to be around myself at that time.  It was AWFUL.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #2480 on: May 16, 2016, 06:50:43 AM »

Wow. I hate how I obsess over something, get it, then rapidly get bored with it. To help illustrate my point:

I realize this is probably the normal process when getting stuff, but it seems like mine is very extreme. It even extends to my reactions with personal things: I get over things a lot quicker than I should.

Anyway, I really hope my getting bored with things doesn't extend to relationships. If it does, I'd be a terrible SO.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #2481 on: May 16, 2016, 09:10:05 AM »

So the Dark Prophecy I ordered in March and the Catalyst I order last month won't be in for "8 to 10" weeks as of today when I asked.  I am not happy, especially since my third place prize from the first spring raffle will come with the Dark Prophecy.

Did I read your post correct? Dark Prophecy v3 won't be available for another 8 to 10 weeks, so we are looking at mid to late July?

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2482 on: May 16, 2016, 04:22:00 PM »

Socially-expected responses get on my nerves.  For example, there are certain things one is "expected" to say at wedding, funerals, graduations, etc.   They always sound so generic, stilted, and disingenuous to me, even when they are meant as heart-felt responses.  Maybe I'm just a social Grinch.  Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2483 on: May 16, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »

Socially-expected responses get on my nerves.  For example, there are certain things one is "expected" to say at wedding, funerals, graduations, etc.   They always sound so generic, stilted, and disingenuous to me, even when they are meant as heart-felt responses.  Maybe I'm just a social Grinch.  Wink

My view is, if you're going to use a social cliché to express your feelings, your actions better be able to carry your sincerity. Otherwise, don't bother.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2484 on: May 16, 2016, 08:45:01 PM »

We ended up taking the dog to the animal hospital yesterday to be put down. She wasn't going to make it through the day. Ragged breath and wouldn't move. I kinda had to push my mom to take her.

I carried her in and held that 70lb dog like a baby until they took her to get prepped. Sister, mom and I pet and held her while they did the injection. She was gone before they finished the injection.

She was a great dog. Big dumb goofball but loyal as hell. She definitely got the short end at only 7.

It was a tumor that was vascular. It shifted her organs around and caused a lot of internal bleeding. I can't imagine the pain that poor dog was in.

I considered taking her for a drive up to the family farm with a pistol cause I didn't know how fast the meds actually worked. I can tell you, she didn't feel a thing.

Just glad she didn't go alone.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2485 on: May 16, 2016, 08:49:33 PM »

My condolences. I can't remember worse emotional pain than making the decision to end the life of a beloved pet.

My rottie was 13.5 when we had to put her down. She just couldn't stand up one morning, and that afternoon she got up to greet me when I got home form work, and that was the last time she ever stood. We had to put her down that night.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2486 on: May 16, 2016, 08:58:34 PM »

You have my condolences, Abaddon.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2487 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:20 PM »

We ended up taking the dog to the animal hospital yesterday to be put down. She wasn't going to make it through the day. Ragged breath and wouldn't move. I kinda had to push my mom to take her.

I carried her in and held that 70lb dog like a baby until they took her to get prepped. Sister, mom and I pet and held her while they did the injection. She was gone before they finished the injection.

She was a great dog. Big dumb goofball but loyal as hell. She definitely got the short end at only 7.

It was a tumor that was vascular. It shifted her organs around and caused a lot of internal bleeding. I can't imagine the pain that poor dog was in.

I considered taking her for a drive up to the family farm with a pistol cause I didn't know how fast the meds actually worked. I can tell you, she didn't feel a thing.

Just glad she didn't go alone.

This is one of the hardest things a person has to do.  I remember this particular pain very, very keenly.  I'm so glad you were there with her.  So many people "can't handle it" when their dog has to be put down and they just let the vet do it.  I could never do that to my dearest friend in their final moments.  You did her a great kindness and don't think for one second she didn't know you were helping her.

She knew. 

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2488 on: May 16, 2016, 10:00:04 PM »

So many people "can't handle it" when their dog has to be put down and they just let the vet do it.

I did that once. I regretted it immediately..

Thanks guys. Means a lot. I know she's better off but it still sucks.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #2489 on: May 16, 2016, 11:13:52 PM »

Sorry for your loss Dart Abaddon, I agree you did all you could do and that'll make it easier with time.

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: