Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306685 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2490 on: May 17, 2016, 12:10:55 AM »

I can't find my checkbook. My car payment is due tomorrow. So instead of mailing the check and being late, I decide to call the number and make a payment over the phone.....but I need a dang check to do that! Why can't you take my debit card? Is this 1986?! Angry

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2491 on: May 17, 2016, 12:12:47 AM »

Thanks guys. Means a lot. I know she's better off but it still sucks.

Yes it does. It's alway a punch to the gut, even when you know when it's coming.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2492 on: May 17, 2016, 12:29:24 AM »

I'm confounded over this whole "gender reveal" party business.  Why is this a thing?  What happened to just having a freakin' baby shower?  But my friend tells me the worst "gender reveal party" story ever this afternoon.  Apparently, her cousin is having a baby and had one of these parties.  Usually, the gender of the baby is "revealed" by cutting into a cake that is either pink or blue on the inside or some other mechanism that reveals the sex of the child.

Not this party.

There was a box sitting on the table and apparently, the mom-to-be shot it with a rifle and the box exploded blue powder everywhere.   HEY, IT'S A BOY.  And they're naming him Cannon.   CANNON. 

Holy crap.  I can't handle this. 

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #2493 on: May 17, 2016, 12:39:44 AM »

I'm confounded over this whole "gender reveal" party business.  Why is this a thing?  What happened to just having a freakin' baby shower?  But my friend tells me the worst "gender reveal party" story ever this afternoon.  Apparently, her cousin is having a baby and had one of these parties.  Usually, the gender of the baby is "revealed" by cutting into a cake that is either pink or blue on the inside or some other mechanism that reveals the sex of the child.

Not this party.

There was a box sitting on the table and apparently, the mom-to-be shot it with a rifle and the box exploded blue powder everywhere.   HEY, IT'S A BOY.  And they're naming him Cannon.   CANNON. 

Hahahaha...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #2494 on: May 17, 2016, 12:44:10 AM »

Youll kill me, but I was going to call my second son Conan... I know it was crazy. It is a gaelic-celtic name and my grandad is Irish, but here in Spain, the only Conan everyone knows is the barbarian...so at the last minute I called him Logan... I think it's much better...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2495 on: May 17, 2016, 02:13:22 AM »

Not this party.

The idea is cool. The name is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard in my entire life.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2496 on: May 17, 2016, 03:15:05 AM »

I did that once. I regretted it immediately..

Thanks guys. Means a lot. I know she's better off but it still sucks.

Sorry you had to do it, but yeah, when it's that bad, giving her eternal dreams is the kindest thing. 

Every cat we've had to have put to sleep I've stood with.  The one that had adopted me as her person stuck her tongue out at me. I swear she was saying "haha I get to go on and you're stuck here."

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2497 on: May 17, 2016, 03:16:50 AM »

Considering I had a cat that had a bucket list when she got really old (I kid you not, I'd swear she was checking items off in her last week or two, except we didn't know it until she finally showed symptoms of kidney failure), I would say that's not crazy at all.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2498 on: May 17, 2016, 03:19:17 AM »

I'm confounded over this whole "gender reveal" party business.  Why is this a thing?  What happened to just having a freakin' baby shower?  But my friend tells me the worst "gender reveal party" story ever this afternoon.  Apparently, her cousin is having a baby and had one of these parties.  Usually, the gender of the baby is "revealed" by cutting into a cake that is either pink or blue on the inside or some other mechanism that reveals the sex of the child.

Not this party.

There was a box sitting on the table and apparently, the mom-to-be shot it with a rifle and the box exploded blue powder everywhere.   HEY, IT'S A BOY.  And they're naming him Cannon.   CANNON.  

Holy crap.  I can't handle this.  

Watch the nurse write it as Canon and he's stuck with it.  Or have bad handwriting and he's Cannot.  Or Carrot.  Or Crayon.  Oh man, I cannot work in Records in a hospital.....

Considering I had a cat that had a bucket list when she got really old (I kid you not, I'd swear she was checking items off in her last week or two, except we didn't know it until she finally showed symptoms of kidney failure), I would say that's not crazy at all.

I agree.

And thanks for sticking a post in so I didn't  double post. Cheesy

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2499 on: May 17, 2016, 03:32:58 AM »

Watch the nurse write it as Canon and he's stuck with it.  Or have bad handwriting and he's Cannot.  Or Carrot.  Or Crayon.  Oh man, I cannot work in Records in a hospital.....

Holy crap, I almost spit tea all over my screen just now from laughing.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2500 on: May 17, 2016, 04:01:22 AM »

Watch the nurse write it as Canon and he's stuck with it.  Or have bad handwriting and he's Cannot.  Or Carrot.  Or Crayon.  Oh man, I cannot work in Records in a hospital.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtYnwsUwuJI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtYnwsUwuJI</a>

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2501 on: May 17, 2016, 05:48:09 AM »

HA HA!!!!

That reminds of this other silly name thing.  I once referenced a friend as loquacious.  She thought I was making fun of someone's name, got angry, and accused me of using a slur.

I laughed.  A lot.

marina_bonomi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 152

Light side points, please

« Reply #2502 on: May 17, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

We ended up taking the dog to the animal hospital yesterday to be put down. She wasn't going to make it through the day. Ragged breath and wouldn't move. I kinda had to push my mom to take her.

I carried her in and held that 70lb dog like a baby until they took her to get prepped. Sister, mom and I pet and held her while they did the injection. She was gone before they finished the injection.

She was a great dog. Big dumb goofball but loyal as hell. She definitely got the short end at only 7.

It was a tumor that was vascular. It shifted her organs around and caused a lot of internal bleeding. I can't imagine the pain that poor dog was in.

I considered taking her for a drive up to the family farm with a pistol cause I didn't know how fast the meds actually worked. I can tell you, she didn't feel a thing.

Just glad she didn't go alone.

Very sorry for you and your family, Abbadon. I know how it feels.

My arsenal:

Dark Arbiter Obsidian V4 / Emerald
Stealth Dominix V4 in Arctic Blue

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2503 on: May 17, 2016, 03:12:57 PM »

Not this party.

They're seriously trying to make this a thing? Holy F$%@ people need to get a life. One more excuse to celebrate mediocrity.

Cannon? Seriously? Why not just paint the proverbial target on him for bad jokes stemming from blowing his load early? Were there too many kids named Mortar, so you had to be original?

<nasally ditz voice> "We just opened the dictionary and saw Cannon first, and that's how we chose the name."

This just exceeded my stupid threshold for the day.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2504 on: May 17, 2016, 03:48:03 PM »

They're seriously trying to make this a thing? Holy F$%@ people need to get a life. One more excuse to celebrate mediocrity.

Cannon? Seriously? Why not just paint the proverbial target on him for bad jokes stemming from blowing his load early? Were there too many kids named Mortar, so you had to be original?

<nasally ditz voice> "We just opened the dictionary and saw Cannon first, and that's how we chose the name."

This just exceeded my stupid threshold for the day.

Let it be known that on this day, Logos and I agree on something.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: