Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306926 times)
Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #2535 on: May 19, 2016, 08:10:16 PM »

Soooo many shows got canceled recently, I'm sad about Agent Carter.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2536 on: May 19, 2016, 09:36:43 PM »

Despite the chronic hanging tongue I have for Haylee Atwell, I just don't do live action comic book shows.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2537 on: May 19, 2016, 09:48:21 PM »

every time a show gets cancelled, an angel, a puppy, a unicorn, a kitten and a fairy are all pulled into a hell dimension and suffer an eternity of darkness, torture and suffering.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2538 on: May 19, 2016, 10:00:24 PM »

every time a show gets cancelled, an angel, a puppy, a unicorn, a kitten and a fairy are all pulled into a hell dimension and suffer an eternity of darkness, torture and suffering.

Unless Keeping Up With the Kardashians gets cancelled. Then they all get released from their hellish prison.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2539 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »

Unless Keeping Up With the Kardashians gets cancelled. Then they all get released from their hellish prison.

Exactly. Every time a so-called "reality" show gets cancelled is cause to celebrate. Except King of the Nerds. That one can stay.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2540 on: May 19, 2016, 11:36:05 PM »

Except for the kitten, I hope every show on TV gets cancelled then.  I'm personally hoping all of those but the kitten end up in whatever dimension the Cenobites live in.  Because that place is messed up.  Like if H.R. Giger, M.C. Escher, and Albert Fish had a three way love child messed up.

Also I learned a new word today: Excoriate

Eh, you can still be nice while being honest.  I would post this comic to the forum, but it's too large.

However, click the link for an example of exactly what I mean about "just being honest."

http://i.imgur.com/32ITfVJ.jpg

Actually some people cannot be nice and honest at the same time.  Up until 3~4 years ago I didn't know how.  Or actually, it would be closer to the truth to say I didn't realize that I needed to.  

Using excellent cartoon Noctis posted as a reference, were I the guy, I would have simply said "You need to lose weight."  There would have been no "Just being honest" b.s. or any other qualifier.  In my mind it would have simply been a statement of fact, no more, no less.  While I can (now) see how that could be hurtful to say, there would have been no malice behind me saying it then. If whomever I said it to started crying, or got upset, or angry, or just told me that it made them feel bad, I'd have apologized and felt bad for saying it, but I wouldn't have realized it was hurtful until it was pointed out to me.  My brain simply isn't wired to have whatever social filter it is that would prevent me from saying something like that, I'm literally having to learn to think before I speak, whereas before I just spoke.

Yes, there is an actual reason for me being like this, beyond "just being a jerk," which admittedly I'm also good at.  If you want to know, I'm more than happy to share.  If you don't care, then I won't bother you with the details, nor be offended.

Also, let's be honest, most guys would have stopped listening about three panels into what she was saying, getting that glassy eyed look and saying "yes dear."

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2541 on: May 20, 2016, 01:23:10 AM »

I think the point is that you don't have to voice every thought that comes into your head.  Why on Earth would a person walk up to another person and say something like, "you need to lose weight" or "I don't like your hair color" or "that outfit is horrifying."  What's the point of that?  Show me where I asked for it.  Cheesy  Now, it's different if I DO ask and you tell me what you think.   Hey, I asked.  If I can't handle what you have to say, that's on me.  You've done nothing wrong.

See, the problem with me is that if those things are said to me without provocation,  I wouldn't do what that girl did.  I would just say something much more cutting and "honest."  And I'm damn good at it, too.  It's not the best quality to have and I know it, but I'm also sadistically proud of the fact that should the occasion call for it, I'm more than capable of making the person sorry they deigned to speak to me in the first place.  Is it wrong?  Yeah, probably. 

What's hilarious is that most "honest" statements are merely just opinions in the first place.  A lot of people would say that others "need to lose weight" or "shouldn't dress a certain way" or "need to do *insert whatever*"  The problem is that I have to care about the opinion first for it to matter to me and most of the time, unless I have explicitly asked for it, I don't. 

(And if you want to elaborate, I'm interested, either here or via PM.)

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #2542 on: May 20, 2016, 01:49:35 AM »

I think the point is that you don't have to voice every thought that comes into your head.  Why on Earth would a person walk up to another person and say something like, "you need to lose weight" or "I don't like your hair color" or "that outfit is horrifying."  What's the point of that?  Show me where I asked for it.  Cheesy  Now, it's different if I DO ask and you tell me what you think.   Hey, I asked.  If I can't handle what you have to say, that's on me.  You've done nothing wrong.

See, the problem with me is that if those things are said to me without provocation,  I wouldn't do what that girl did.  I would just say something much more cutting and "honest."  And I'm damn good at it, too.  It's not the best quality to have and I know it, but I'm also sadistically proud of the fact that should the occasion call for it, I'm more than capable of making the person sorry they deigned to speak to me in the first place.  Is it wrong?  Yeah, probably. 

What's hilarious is that most "honest" statements are merely just opinions in the first place.  A lot of people would say that others "need to lose weight" or "shouldn't dress a certain way" or "need to do *insert whatever*"  The problem is that I have to care about the opinion first for it to matter to me and most of the time, unless I have explicitly asked for it, I don't. 

What if you're not actively seeking an opinion, but someone asks if they can give you their honest opinion?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2543 on: May 20, 2016, 03:07:58 AM »

What if you're not actively seeking an opinion, but someone asks if they can give you their honest opinion?

It would depend entirely on the situation for me.  I can't speak for others, but there are just some instances where the opinion of an outsider is neither relevant nor conducive.  Sure, you can give me your opinion on these things regardless, but I would have to care about someone else's thoughts on it for it to matter.

I also realize that some people take offense to this kind of attitude (??), but I make no apologies for it.  Nothing anyone else says or does is ever because of you or anyone else.  It's because of their own perceptions of their personal reality.  Therefore, it's difficult to give my opinion on your reality, even if you ask for it, because I'm not you and no matter what I say, it's still going to come down to what you think about it in the end.   Smiley

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #2544 on: May 20, 2016, 03:30:28 AM »

Hey you must live in my family! I am about ready to die from it. This morning my sister walks up to me at the beginning of my day and says "Hey you left the toilet seat up and your hair looks horrible."

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2545 on: May 21, 2016, 03:00:52 AM »

My family and I are visiting my in-laws for the weekend for a graduation. I have a really good relationship with all of them, with the exception of my father-in-law. The man is one of the most negative and manipulative people I have ever met. He is also a habitual liar. He and I don't get along in large part due to my inability to let him get away with his BS without calling him on it. We were in his house for about ten minutes when he started going on about a family member. I'm currently having a beer and some grub, because I've had such a great week, and I don't want to be around it. It's toxic. I respect his position in my wife's and sons' lives, but that's about how far it goes.

To give you an idea, I once asked my wife that if he wasn't her father, would she have a relationship with someone like him. She said no. Sad.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #2546 on: May 21, 2016, 06:27:39 AM »

My family and I are visiting my in-laws for the weekend for a graduation. I have a really good relationship with all of them, with the exception of my father-in-law. The man is one of the most negative and manipulative people I have ever met. He is also a habitual liar. He and I don't get along in large part due to my inability to let him get away with his BS without calling him on it. We were in his house for about ten minutes when he started going on about a family member. I'm currently having a beer and some grub, because I've had such a great week, and I don't want to be around it. It's toxic. I respect his position in my wife's and sons' lives, but that's about how far it goes.

To give you an idea, I once asked my wife that if he wasn't her father, would she have a relationship with someone like him. She said no. Sad.

It's none of my business to comment, I just happened to read this thread at random. Sounds like your father-in-law is one angry person, maybe something happened during his life over time and caused him to be so cynical. People "turn" into this state over time when things happen to them. Just my two cents.

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #2547 on: May 21, 2016, 08:55:31 PM »

rrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

some town council in England have banned "groups of two or more motor cycles on un-authorised ride outs", so basically if you and some mates are passing through or heading out together and happen to be on a bike that means you're breaking the law and can be fined

this is blatant discrimination of a specific group, targeting part of their identity, which normally is called racism

were this a law targeting any other group there would be uproar

I swear one day i'm gonna loose it and launch a one man suicidal assault of parliament screaming for the blood of every politician I see

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2548 on: May 22, 2016, 10:10:25 PM »

On today's episode of "Idiots on the Internet," people can't take a joke and get butthurt over inane things and then shame others for laughing at an actual joke.  Full report at Nobody-Cares-O'Clock!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2549 on: May 23, 2016, 07:14:59 PM »

This is absolute crap. Why is that I feel like I give up everything, and conform to everyone else's whims all the time, but as soon as I'm unhappy about something, it's unreasonable.

Head spinning.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: