Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313291 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2805 on: June 23, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »

So many responses....not enough time.....must resist
Lord Satan. I have horns. See everyone! written proof that we are the same person
(and I just finished writing a script Roll Eyes)

We're both just a couple of h-----........Wait.  BETTER NOT.   Tongue

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2806 on: June 23, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »

We're both just a couple of h-----........Wait.  BETTER NOT.   Tongue
we both know. we totally understand Cool

On a separate note, obviously there are a lot of sabersmiths out there and people prefer one over the other. and that's fine. but what really is annoying me is some people on my facebook star wars cosplay group are getting quite insistent that i should NEVER get an ultrasaber - as though I am not an intelligent individual who is capable of making up his own mind about what he wants to get.

Having an opinion is fine, but almost trying to verbally force me to change my mind is stepping over the line.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2807 on: June 23, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »

we both know. we totally understand Cool

On a separate note, obviously there are a lot of sabersmiths out there and people prefer one over the other. and that's fine. but what really is annoying me is some people on my facebook star wars cosplay group are getting quite insistent that i should NEVER get an ultrasaber - as though I am not an intelligent individual who is capable of making up his own mind about what he wants to get.

Having an opinion is fine, but almost trying to verbally force me to change my mind is stepping over the line.

I don't know about you, but when someone forcefully insists that I do or don't do something, I typically get stronger in my convictions to do whatever the hell I wanted to do in the first place.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2808 on: June 23, 2016, 07:03:46 PM »

I don't know about you, but when someone forcefully insists that I do or don't do something, I typically get stronger in my convictions to do whatever the hell I wanted to do in the first place.

yep. definitely me.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2809 on: June 23, 2016, 07:08:51 PM »

Oh boy, yes.  Push me and I dig in my heels worse than before.

What's with the Sprite ad?  I don't get it.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2810 on: June 23, 2016, 07:29:03 PM »

I've gotten to where I don't like those coatings either.  I started eating more organic food and as a result I now get really crazy aftertastes from dyes and artificial flavors.
It is my firm belief that peanut M&Ms will one day bring about world peace. You just wait.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2811 on: June 23, 2016, 07:42:23 PM »

Oh boy, yes.  Push me and I dig in my heels worse than before.

What's with the Sprite ad?  I don't get it.

You'd better take another look at the word on that picture.  Wink

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2812 on: June 23, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »

Oh my goodness.

A fine demonstration there of how the brain fills in what "should" be there all on its own.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2813 on: June 23, 2016, 07:49:05 PM »

Oh my goodness.

A fine demonstration there of how the brain fills in what "should" be there all on its own.
I had to re-read it too...lol

The skull made me do it.  Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2814 on: June 23, 2016, 09:34:48 PM »

I live my entire life out of spite..

Folks wanted me to be an engineer, I became a tradesman.

Aunt tried to convince me carrying is bad, I carry.

Had several girlfriends demand this or that, I did the opposite.

Mom insisted that I be right handed, I'm left handed.

Was told that I should be clean shaven in high school, been bearded since high school.

I can go on and on but I want to piss and moan about something..

THESE IDIOTS!!! Two of my coworkers. Holy crapola people..

There are currently five full time welders including myself. Two of us need to be shown the door. I have never seen such crappy work in all my life.. Missed welds here, blow throughs there, crooked frames and axles.. It's a Sh** show. No other way to describe it. It would actually be faster for the other two and myself to build this stuff cause we wouldn't have to stop what we're doing every three seconds to fix their screw ups..

Our supervisor was *ahem* overheard talking about getting rid of them. Got really excited, low key obviously.. To my dismay, it seems that they are still employed.

I can't emphasize enough how bad these two are.. Below you will find examples..

This is what you see when you look at Me and the other two guys' welds.

And this is what we have to clean up from the other two...

And that's if they can even set something up right so that they CAN weld it.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #2815 on: June 23, 2016, 09:45:21 PM »

On the topic of reading too much into things, I remember an interview with Chris Cornell of Soundgarden where he talked about people looking too deeply into some of their lyrics, and thinking the songs are about things they are not. Specifically the song "Black Hole Sun" is believed to be about a drug trip, however according to Cornell, the lyrics are literally just a bunch of random nonsense he came up with, and have zero meaning whatsoever.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2816 on: June 23, 2016, 09:54:20 PM »

I like that tune. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

« Reply #2817 on: June 23, 2016, 10:04:48 PM »

On the topic of reading too much into things, I remember an interview with Chris Cornell of Soundgarden where he talked about people looking too deeply into some of their lyrics, and thinking the songs are about things they are not. Specifically the song "Black Hole Sun" is believed to be about a drug trip, however according to Cornell, the lyrics are literally just a bunch of random nonsense he came up with, and have zero meaning whatsoever.

Wow, people actually thought that song had some kind of deep meaning?  LMFAO.

I thought he was just going, "LOL, look at me.  I can write cracky Jim Morrison-esk lyrics.  GO!"  Good to know I was right.   Reminds me of when I wrote this poem where I used about 15 versions of the word "red" and the teacher thought I had made some tremendous statement about anger and death.  Pfft, no.  I was just showing off the fact that I am a walking thesaurus.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2818 on: June 23, 2016, 10:51:42 PM »

Wow, Abaddon.  I guess the difference between me and those two coworkers is that I actually KNOW how poor my coordination really is and I know not to take a job that would require a steady hand.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2819 on: June 23, 2016, 11:11:31 PM »

Wow, Abaddon.  I guess the difference between me and those two coworkers is that I actually KNOW how poor my coordination really is and I know not to take a job that would require a steady hand.

It's not just a steady hand. We work with sheet metal. The thickest things we weld on are 1/8 in thick. Most of it is #18 gauge (0.0478 inches) You can't just hammer down on the stuff. The thin stuff is actually MUCH harder to do than plate metal.

You have to watch your heat and wire speed. Too hot and you burn through. Too fast and it doesn't have time to dig in and fuse. Too cold and the weld just sits on top. Too slow and you burn a hole right in. Your gas has to be set right or else you get massive porosity (holes that kind of look like a wasps nest) and other contamination that ruins the integrity of the weld. Your nozzle has to be kept clean, or else you get bad gas coverage. You also can't just run a straight weld with sheet metal. You have to get a rhythm down and pulse the gun. (rapid finger taps on the trigger) You have to have the correct angle and distance as well as the correct length of wire sticking out from the nozzle. You need to be able to read the puddle (the circle of molten metal where your arc is). It tells you everything you need to know about how the weld is going to be. And yes. You also need a steady hand.

Logos has it right pretty much. It's a little more art than science.

These idiots can't do a single one of these.. If the metal is getting too hot, which happens very quickly with thinner material, lay off of it ant let it cool for a second..

These guys were in school for this stuff.. MIG is the easiest method of welding (what we use)

Don't get me wrong. The rest of us screw up from time to time, especially since the schematics keep getting changed, but we can usually see something wrong and fix it immediately. If something seems off but we don't know, we ask. We don't just shrug our shoulders and walk away. Our mess ups take minutes to fix. Theirs take almost an hour. That means less productivity which leads to a pissed off boss.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: