Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313109 times)
Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2940 on: July 01, 2016, 04:54:08 AM »

They told me to read back my comment and claimed it made "no sense."  My final reply was that clearly seeing their own illogic repeated back to them clearly gave them a short circuit.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2941 on: July 01, 2016, 06:08:21 AM »

I'm American, plain and simple. Born in America. So when people tell me, You're Mexican, I get riled riled up because people make a big deal of it. Who cares! I don't see race, color, don't care where you came from. We're human!! People speak to me like I'm a dumb beaner, like I'm not going to understand unless they speak really slow and loud, like I'm hearing impaired. Show me Mexican items on the restaurant menu. I mean, indirect racism. But I can't change it, and no one can, never will. It is what it is.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2942 on: July 01, 2016, 05:14:33 PM »

AMEN

I'm American, plain and simple. Born in America. So when people tell me, You're Mexican, I get riled riled up because people make a big deal of it. Who cares! I don't see race, color, don't care where you came from. We're human!! People speak to me like I'm a dumb beaner, like I'm not going to understand unless they speak really slow and loud, like I'm hearing impaired. Show me Mexican items on the restaurant menu. I mean, indirect racism. But I can't change it, and no one can, never will. It is what it is.

So you answer them real slow, and make sure your condescension is very apparent.

I have absolutely no qualms with immigration. Just do it legally. This country was created by immigrants. It was built by immigrants. That's what made us great. We took the outcasts and scraps of other countries, and made the best damn nation in the history of the world. Not to mention all the great food that came with them.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2943 on: July 01, 2016, 05:46:15 PM »

The meter reading guy just flicked his cigarette into my grass and acted like I had offended his great ancestors when I marched outside and told him to pick it up. 

Also?

They are working on the GAS LINE OUTSIDE, you kriffing IDIOT.  What the actual @*&#!?!?! 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2944 on: July 01, 2016, 05:47:57 PM »

The meter reading guy just flicked his cigarette into my grass and acted like I had offended his great ancestors when I marched outside and told him to pick it up. 

Also?

They are working on the GAS LINE OUTSIDE, you kriffing IDIOT.  What the actual @*&#!?!?! 

Kriff him. And kriff his ancestors. Why do people gotta suck?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2945 on: July 01, 2016, 05:57:01 PM »

Also?

Wow, what a flaming idiot.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #2946 on: July 01, 2016, 06:01:00 PM »

Wow, what a flaming idiot.

Unfortunately, not. We could use some herd thinning. As long as nothing happens to Noctis' house.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2947 on: July 01, 2016, 06:03:55 PM »

Unfortunately, not. We could use some herd thinning. As long as nothing happens to Noctis' house.

That's called "culling". And yes.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2948 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:34 PM »

Ahh, you noticed. Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2949 on: July 02, 2016, 12:43:05 AM »

The Richards (I say Richards cuz I cant say the abbreviated name for Richard)behind me always used to throw their cigarette butts into our yard, a yard with young children mind you. I was going to call the cops to report them, but I decided to go talk to them. They refused to answer the door despite the TV on, so I gathered them all, stuck them to a poster board and wrote if I saw one more cigarette butt, I'd report them for endangering my family, my property, and something about all the illegal crap behind they're house, including a space being illegally occupied. Never seen another butt

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2950 on: July 02, 2016, 04:37:36 AM »

Maybe this is just me, maybe I'm old-fashioned or something but in my opinion if you are a project lead, and you win a company-wide award for a project you led, you should take the time to actually thank the project staff who were working for you on said project.

I'm not seriously upset or anything...I HAVE found out that while she doesn't say it to people's faces, she does say nice things about her staff to the managers.  So that's a good thing--I don't think this lady is ungrateful and I know she is not going to step on bodies or stab anyone in the back.  I just am old fashioned enough to think that thanking people to their face is a social grace that should be observed, especially when they help you in your success.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #2951 on: July 02, 2016, 09:33:13 AM »

Maybe this is just me, maybe I'm old-fashioned or something but in my opinion if you are a project lead, and you win a company-wide award for a project you led, you should take the time to actually thank the project staff who were working for you on said project.

I'm not seriously upset or anything...I HAVE found out that while she doesn't say it to people's faces, she does say nice things about her staff to the managers.  So that's a good thing--I don't think this lady is ungrateful and I know she is not going to step on bodies or stab anyone in the back.  I just am old fashioned enough to think that thanking people to their face is a social grace that should be observed, especially when they help you in your success.
At my employer, our manager used to take us out for dinner once a month on the company's dime (booze not included). Smiley

Kept morale healthy.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #2952 on: July 02, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »

This woman isn't a manager, just a project lead...I think that part of why she may not think about these things is that she isn't a manager yet.  I certainly wouldn't expect a meal out of her--that would be setting the bar WAY too high seeing as she doesn't have her own budget to play with. Wink 

All it is, is she just isn't big on saying thank you to people when I think it should happen--enough so that it has been a surprise to find out later that she said good things to the boss.  So again it's not like I'm severely miffed.  I think her intentions are all right...it's more...dunno if this makes sense, but just a slightly grating lack of what I would consider social graces.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2953 on: July 02, 2016, 04:37:09 PM »

In my part of the company, we get no vacation, just recently got sick pay, no bonuses, expected to work late all the time, travel on the road 3-4, sometimes 5-6 hours a day. We do get hotel fees paid, but it has to be cheapest possible. Christmas parties, oh wait, they did one and didn't invite us?? What BBQ for the employees? We didn't hear anything! We are the face of the company and our work makes or breaks the company, and we get treated like we barely exist. We found out from the Secretary who left over a contract dispute that the company gets constant calls and thank you letters praising our work, on its cleanliness, speed and fastidiousness. We never heard one peep about it. No thank yous, nothing. Paychecks are awesome! But, a little acknowledgement. We do hear constant itching on how we make too much, complaints from people who are home at 3:30pm and start work at 6:30am. I'm on the road at 3:30 in the morning and I'll be damned if I'm barely thinking of getting home at 3:30pm

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #2954 on: July 02, 2016, 05:06:10 PM »

This woman isn't a manager, just a project lead...I think that part of why she may not think about these things is that she isn't a manager yet.  I certainly wouldn't expect a meal out of her--that would be setting the bar WAY too high seeing as she doesn't have her own budget to play with. Wink 

All it is, is she just isn't big on saying thank you to people when I think it should happen--enough so that it has been a surprise to find out later that she said good things to the boss.  So again it's not like I'm severely miffed.  I think her intentions are all right...it's more...dunno if this makes sense, but just a slightly grating lack of what I would consider social graces.

I get what you're saying here.  I don't know how it is in other parts of the Southern US, but here?  We're VERY big on politeness.  "Please" and "thank you" go a long way with me.  When people don't acknowledge a job well done at all, it's just . . . well, it's not cool with me.  Effusive praise and ass-kissing is not necessary, but "hey, thanks for that!  I appreciated it."  Perfect. 

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: