Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306914 times)
Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3060 on: July 10, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

I get SUPER mad when I can tell what's going to happen from the trailer.  TFA was actually one of the first ones I had seen in a while that "teased," but didn't show me too much.  Almost.  The part with Rey crying over Finn's body and the lights appearing in front of her?  I pegged that scene and KNEW it was from the end sequence (or at least, near it).  It didn't exactly spoil anything for me, but I was still annoyed that I figured it out.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3061 on: July 10, 2016, 09:18:29 PM »

I get SUPER mad when I can tell what's going to happen from the trailer.  TFA was actually one of the first ones I had seen in a while that "teased," but didn't show me too much.  Almost.  The part with Rey crying over Finn's body and the lights appearing in front of her?  I pegged that scene and KNEW it was from the end sequence (or at least, near it).  It didn't exactly spoil anything for me, but I was still annoyed that I figured it out.
common problem with MANY trailers these days. it's almost as if studios don't think they can sell the movie to audiences without giving away too much.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #3062 on: July 11, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »

Remember when movie trailers were good at what they did? When they teased you and enticed you without spoiling the movie?

I do, and I miss it.

I remember seeing this same trailer a few years back (I'm just slightly too young to have seen in in the original run, what with Alien coming out in 1979 and me being born in 1976), and I have to say, if I hadn't already seen the movie at that point, the trailer would have absolutely terrified me and left me wondering what the hell I was looking at. I would have definitely been clamoring to see the movie.

That's how you do it, folks.

Another good classic trailer

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEew7zvpAWE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEew7zvpAWE</a>

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3063 on: July 11, 2016, 09:03:06 AM »

So I've put in a fire pit, built a wood rack thing, and put actual firewood in it, just in time for the fire ban apparently.  O_o

Dammit.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3064 on: July 11, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »

common problem with MANY trailers these days. it's almost as if studios don't think they can sell the movie to audiences without giving away too much.

Like Hail Caesar. There was literally only ONE funny scene that didn't make it into the trailers. I actually nodded off twice while watching it. That never happens to me.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3065 on: July 12, 2016, 06:16:02 AM »

OMFG. I've been freezing my ass off standing in front of the open door with a breeze blowing in and it's struggling to get 13C (which is pretty damn cold for midday temps here) and what has my assistant manager been doing most the morning? Sitting in front of the heater doing 'office work'. Which apparently includes writing up personal invitation lists and researching make up colours.

Angry

Keep your fingers crossed for me plz, found a pile of jobs elsewhere to apply for. I need to get out of this dump.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3066 on: July 12, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »

OMFG. I've been freezing my ass off standing in front of the open door with a breeze blowing in and it's struggling to get 13C (which is pretty damn cold for midday temps here) and what has my assistant manager been doing most the morning? Sitting in front of the heater doing 'office work'. Which apparently includes writing up personal invitation lists and researching make up colours.

Angry

Keep your fingers crossed for me plz, found a pile of jobs elsewhere to apply for. I need to get out of this dump.

Finger crossed ... and good luck Wink

By the way, 13°C is what we had here, two weeks ago when Summer started  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #3067 on: July 12, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »

Finger crossed ... and good luck Wink

By the way, 13°C is what we had here, two weeks ago when Summer started  Grin

That's all well and good for you, you are probably used to it Tongue

Give me 40C any day. I far prefer the stinking hot than this cold

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3068 on: July 12, 2016, 09:16:56 AM »

I prefer the heat to the cold as well - I live on the WRONG continent. O_o

13C is a warm spring day here.  Our winters can hit -40C! Sad

Summers can reach the high 30s and even 40C from time to time.  Not like there though.  Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3069 on: July 12, 2016, 09:32:00 AM »

No, no, no Smiley

Here i have a semi-continental climat ... Winter is Winter and Summer is Summer .... but not this year Smiley

This year, we had a "hot" Winter with no snow but rain ... we had a cold Spring with no sun but rain ... and Summer is coming late: The Sun is in the sky since the 8th of July and temperatures are over 20°C since the 8th of July Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3070 on: July 12, 2016, 01:03:44 PM »

Angry

UGH, that is infuriating.  The kind of thing that would make me wish it were acceptable to show up in my full robes at work.  I hope your interviews go well!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3071 on: July 12, 2016, 03:30:00 PM »

I hope you find something better suited, BlondeAngel!   Jobs are a nuisance.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3072 on: July 12, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »

Ugh, I hate how trendy it is to be sanctimonious if you have the "in" ideas of the moment.  BAD person!  You must be a BAD person for thinking of things differently!  SHAME ON YOU!  SHAAAAAAAME!  Oh, and don't forget, it's not ART unless it's EDGY!

Sometimes I wonder how many people are sincere and how many just speak the words because they're afraid of social punishment, or because they want likes or money or whatever it is it will get them.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3073 on: July 12, 2016, 06:30:25 PM »

Ugh, I hate how trendy it is to be sanctimonious if you have the "in" ideas of the moment.  BAD person!  You must be a BAD person for thinking of things differently!  SHAME ON YOU!  SHAAAAAAAME!  Oh, and don't forget, it's not ART unless it's EDGY!

Sometimes I wonder how many people are sincere and how many just speak the words because they're afraid of social punishment, or because they want likes or money or whatever it is it will get them.

EDGY can suck it.

Edgy ≠ Good

Edgy will undoubtedly be the destruction of Star Wars. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3074 on: July 12, 2016, 06:36:48 PM »

See, it's funny...TFA didn't come off the same way to me.  I never felt that sense of smug superiority from TFA, that I feel from certain works that look down their noses at the peons, so to speak.  TFA I would call dark, but not coming from a place of patronizing arrogance and trying to FORCE you to see it just one way.

Know why Kylo's polarizing?  Because it is legitimately possible to see him multiple ways and you're not being whacked over the head that there is ONLY one allowable perspective.  In contrast, when a work is all Anvilicious and pretty much SCREAMING about how trendy it is and how much it adheres to "approved dissident thought" (yes, I totally recognize the contradiction there Wink ), *that's* when I see a shallow edgelord. Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: