Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313412 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3225 on: July 28, 2016, 05:56:19 AM »

I giggled because I'm obviously super mature.
glad it's not just me then

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3226 on: July 28, 2016, 05:57:04 AM »

I was never really spanked...I had to do something REALLY bad for that. I got many things taken away and was yelled at plenty. I HATE being yelled at, so that was pretty effective.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3227 on: July 28, 2016, 04:50:50 PM »

maybe it's just me and my very adult mind, but all this talk about spanking...

Bow chika bow wow.

Given your ethnicity, did you ever have an encounter with LA CHANCLA?!?!

For those that don't know

The first "board of education" I knew was a ping pong paddle (broken over sister's butt). The next incarnation was a wooden spoon. (Again, broken over sister's butt) And daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn that thing stung. Then my parents stumbled into a kitchen supply store, the type that has all the cool kitchen tech that you can't find anywhere else. That's when the Traveler took the form of a plastic wooden spoon. It was indestructible, and yielded the same results. It united (somewhat) my sister and I against a common enemy though.

Once dad got mad while we were leaving, and struck out of irritation. I took a swat from a wire hanger. My butt healed, but I can still feel the epic sting when I think about it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3228 on: July 28, 2016, 05:01:28 PM »

Yeah, La Chancla is an evil device that has crossed ethnic lines. Kids who are stubborn typically become quite cooperative once Mama brings out La Chancla. Mothers have an innate aim with La Chancla, too, and are capable of hitting a rowdy child at a full run in a room full of kids without even looking.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3229 on: July 28, 2016, 05:06:15 PM »

West Indian discipline is a a slipper, spank or wooden spoon in younger children (4-7 years old) and leather belt for older children. My parents favourite saying when i growing up was: "if you don't hear you must feel". Basically if i did something wrong they would tell me not to do it again and explain why. They would also tell me if i did it again i would get punished. So growng up, i knew what was acceptable behaviour and what wasn't and where the boundaries were. However, as children always do, i always tried to oush those boundaries and get away with stuff. Sometimes i did. Sometimes i didn't. And when i got caught my parents (99.9% of the time my mother) would punish me, so it wasn't an idle threat. Because i knew it was an idle threat, sometimes if i was getting a bit too excited or boisterous in public (such as at a family bbq) a look from my mum was enough to make me instantly stop what i was doing and go and sit quietly somewhere for an hour.

Being punished with the belt wasn't used for little things like not putting away my toys and my parents were always fair. Funnily enough, i only remember getting beats (the west indian way of saying punished with a slipper or belt) from ym dad three times total. My mum was definitely the disciplinarian of the house.

I laugh about it now and don't hate my parents. Didn't hate them then, don't hate them now. They taught me valuable life lessons about acceptanle behaviour and i thank them for it, espcially considering that my english friends never got disciplined in that way and most of them run amok and have turned out badly.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3230 on: July 28, 2016, 05:27:38 PM »

Yeah, La Chancla is an evil device that has crossed ethnic lines. Kids who are stubborn typically become quite cooperative once Mama brings out La Chancla. Mothers have an innate aim with La Chancla, too, and are capable of hitting a rowdy child at a full run in a room full of kids without even looking.

And apparently there's an app

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3231 on: July 28, 2016, 05:45:02 PM »

When I was staying over at a family friend's house once, while our family was moving, the family friend decided, because we kids were talking after lights-out, to come into the room we were sharing (we were little, and I think I was 4 years old or something) and hit her child with a wooden spoon.

I was frakking terrified.  She didn't do it to me, but having to see that and feel the threat was bad enough.

That sowed a contempt in me for those parents that lasts to this day.  What I saw was disgusting, made me grateful for my better parents, and I will never stop holding that against their "friends."  That couple is not MY friend in a million years, and thankfully when I became an adult my parents stopped pressuring me to have ANYTHING to do with those people.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3232 on: July 28, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »

When I was staying over at a family friend's house once, while our family was moving, the family friend decided, because we kids were talking after lights-out, to come into the room we were sharing (we were little, and I think I was 4 years old or something) and hit her child with a wooden spoon.

I was frakking terrified.  She didn't do it to me, but having to see that and feel the threat was bad enough.

That sowed a contempt in me for those parents that lasts to this day.  What I saw was disgusting, made me grateful for my better parents, and I will never stop holding that against their "friends."  That couple is not MY friend in a million years, and thankfully when I became an adult my parents stopped pressuring me to have ANYTHING to do with those people.

My parents weren't sadists with it though. A flick of the wrist was all it took, and it was usually only one swat and done. They exercised self control when doling out punishments. And often they made us wait, so they were angry or upset when they spanked us.

Sig by For Tyeth

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3233 on: July 28, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »

My parents weren't sadists with it though. A flick of the wrist was all it took, and it was usually only one swat and done. They exercised self control when doling out punishments. And often they made us wait, so they were angry or upset when they spanked us.
I'm pretty sure you meant to type "weren't angry or upset".  I got hit too - hey child of the 70s - but it was never out of anger, and I fully knew why it was going down - I really did deserve worse...lol

I love my mother with all my heart.  She was raised that way too - only much worst I fear.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3234 on: July 28, 2016, 10:38:02 PM »

I wonder why no one can drive when water falls from the sky . . .  Roll Eyes

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3235 on: July 29, 2016, 01:27:03 AM »

I wonder why no one can drive when water falls from the sky . . .  Roll Eyes
Oh, and if it's a snowflake...holy shell!

Call the army!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #3236 on: July 29, 2016, 01:31:51 AM »

I'm pretty sure you meant to type "weren't angry or upset".  I got hit too - hey child of the 70s - but it was never out of anger, and I fully knew why it was going down - I really did deserve worse...lol

I love my mother with all my heart.  She was raised that way too - only much worst I fear.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDq04YDJ6Q" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlDq04YDJ6Q</a>

Call the army!

Yep definitely snow here in ohio." SNOW FLAKE!!!!"   Crash

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3237 on: July 29, 2016, 01:57:31 AM »

I never know if I should be mad or just confused when people passive aggressively start defending and telling me to calm down when they're the only one upset. Just because you act like we're arguing, doesn't mean we were when I agreed with you. I guess I should've been mad, but I'm not, so what am I supposed to be mad about now?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3238 on: July 29, 2016, 01:59:16 AM »

Call the army!

Oh my goodness.  YOU seriously have that problem where you are?  I would've thought in your area people might actually have some sense about the snow.  At least where I am, where it only snows a couple times a year and we have no real equipment to speak of to clear the roads, it makes at least SOME kind of sense why the city shuts down from snow.  But dang...in Canada?  At least when I visited up there you guys seemed a lot more orderly about it.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3239 on: July 29, 2016, 03:31:01 AM »