Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306687 times)
Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3315 on: August 08, 2016, 11:49:22 PM »

It's like when I'm at the gym and someone tries to tell me how to lift.  If I tell you I know what I'm doing, leave me alone.  If I hurt myself, that's on me.   I don't need someone to stand there and advise me.  I know perfectly well what I'm doing, even if looks "wrong" to you.  And don't stand there and freakin' snicker and shake your head.  I can throw this 35 pounder at you.  I promise.

I remember there were these two guys that laughed at little guys and bothered women. They'd stand in the aisle with the bar they brought from home to use the gym's weight discs. There's no space for their bar, so they'd block everyone. So, I had enough of their mocking some other guy. I went over to them and asked how much their weight equivalent would be on the machine nearby. They pointed close to the bottom of the stack and laughed arrogantly. I put the pin below that(heavier) and lifted it with one arm. They stopped laughing and found a corner to lift their weights from then on. Putting them in their place was great motivation, as that lift was my personal best ever. I just had to complete one set to show them laughing doesn't make them bigger.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3316 on: August 08, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »

I remember there were these two guys that laughed at little guys and bothered women. They'd stand in the aisle with the bar they brought from home to use the gym's weight discs. There's no space for their bar, so they'd block everyone. So, I had enough of their mocking some other guy. I went over to them and asked how much their weight equivalent would be on the machine nearby. They pointed close to the bottom of the stack and laughed arrogantly. I put the pin below that(heavier) and lifted it with one arm. They stopped laughing and found a corner to lift their weights from then on. Putting them in their place was great motivation, as that lift was my personal best ever. I just had to complete one set to show them laughing doesn't make them bigger.

Man, I wish I could have seen that!   Cheesy  I've got a pretty buff upper body, but I swear, there's always that one guy who has to try and "help" me.  And it's not like the friendly, "Hey, do you need a spot?" kind of help.  It's the smirky, cocky, "Are you SURE you can pick that up?" I do take a lot of pleasure in doing just what you did and picking up something heavier and saying, "yes" in the most deadpan voice possible.

Funnily enough, when I wear my pants that say "KYLO REN" in huge red letters down the leg, they don't ever talk to me.  I should wear those pants all the time. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3317 on: August 09, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »

I chew tobacco. It's kinda nasty, but I do it(for now). I don't even like spitting in public, even if it's into a bottle. Because I realize how gross that is to a lot of people. If I AM in a public place(like a store) I try and be as discreet as possible, even going as far as crushing the bottle to fit in my pocket, and I don't leave a MASSIVE wad in my lip. Discretion is a wonderful thing.

One thing I do find hypocritical is smokers who tell me it's gross. Especially while they're puffing away at a cig. I once had a coworker tell me it's gross that I was spitting in the grass on the side of the building. As she was practically blowing smoke in my face.....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3318 on: August 09, 2016, 12:16:00 AM »

While chewing tobacco isn't my favorite thing to see, as long as people don't do something unsanitary (people forget it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk and WHY--it was an anti-TB measure), it ultimately has no impact on the rest of the public.  It's better not to do it but it stays an individual-only choice.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3319 on: August 09, 2016, 12:27:07 AM »

About 2 years ago, after a long day of work, coworkersand I went out to eat, in a no stink about racist town. We are, but were getting snickered and eyeballed but whatever. As we were leaving, 3 guys decided to park themselves at the entrance, smoking away. I often use the smartass line that my parents are cancer survivors, and appreciate it if they'd smoke elsewhere. They were looking for trouble, im not one to let someone get off on "bullying" me, so we tried to go through, they didn't budge, I gave them the cancer line, and 2 of them blew smoke in my face. Spent the next 5 minutes or so dusting it up with them before the owner broke out the gun, giving us the leave in your car, a cop car, or with the coroner.

I hate smoke to the face, or just blatant smoking in a crowded area or walking area. If you need a cig, or a puff puff, fine. Just respect others

Another thing that bugs the poop out of me is feet on the dashboard while someone is driving. I don't wanna see your dirty arse feet! Sit right! Don't be disrespectful either! Just pisses me off....and I saw it 3 times on my way home!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3320 on: August 09, 2016, 01:21:03 AM »

I may despise smoking but I don't think that was worth getting into a fight over.  Undecided

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3321 on: August 09, 2016, 01:37:21 AM »

Yeah, smart decision would have been to tell the owner/manager that they were impeding customer's exit/entrance. Allow them to deal with it.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3322 on: August 09, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »

They weren't gonna let us go without a scrum. Had to be done. Situationally, there was no high road. Just wasn't. I'm surprised they served us, period! This particular town has been known to turn "browns and blacks" black and blue. It may not seem right, and there is no pride in it, but I stood up against racism, not because I'm "brown", but because these racist plucks thought they could treat us like we were beneath them. Not everyone will agree with it, I know, my wife/family didn't, but at that point, that day, I took a stand where words would have meant squat

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3323 on: August 09, 2016, 05:37:56 AM »

I know this isn't the same, but I have experienced being perceived as half of an interracial couple while I was on a business trip and we stopped for lunch in what turned out to be an extremely backwards little town (I will not identify the place, even the state), and even though my colleague and I felt very hostile eyes on us while we were there, I would say that by taking the high road, we proved that we were better than them and their nasty stares.

And you know what, when we got to better, non-ignorant places (yes, in the very same state), and the difference was clear, I felt vindicated just by seeing what DECENT people act like.

Now, if you want a funny story, my colleague told me in the car after that incident, about something he did once when confronting a very, very obvious racist who was using the same gas station he was.  My former coworker pulled up at the gas pump, and out of the opposite car comes a guy who is...well, let's just say this guy was wearing the KING of inappropriate, very low-budget cosplays.  There was no mistaking what this moron was about.  So my colleague decided to mess with his head, and says hello to him like he's anybody else, and asks him how his day is going, chats about the weather, the whole nine yards.  And crazy as it sounds, this idiot actually went along with it, like he wasn't wearing his Dunce Cosplay.  I would bet the guy was too stupid and shocked to have any clue of what to make of this guy who wasn't showing one teeny, tiny ounce of intimidation AND also wasn't giving him one teeny, tiny ounce of provocation, other than completely pwning him in the area of being a civilized gentleman.

Obviously, Colleague = OVER 9000!, Dunce Cosplay Moron = 0.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3324 on: August 09, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »

It's about 50/50 I play like I don't know the language being spoken to me. If someone is feeling contrite about asking me if I speak Spanish or English, I will respond kindly. This contractor I did work for once was insistent on speaking to me in Spanish, so I played along for the 3 days and was amused at his broken Spanish cuz he was just letting it fly! Telling jokes, really putting effort into this, which I respected totally cuz no matter what, in California, it's such an advantage to know multiple languages cuz its very diverse here. And the ability to communicate to immigrants, he took the challenge. Well, as I was leaving, he was ok, Buenos tardes, etc etc..so I finally let it out of the bag. Word for word, can't remember but it went along the lines of "alright Brian! Take it easy! I'll see you on the next one! Thanks man!" He turned ghostly white.. saw him half a year later and he was "You SOB!! You played me the whole time??" Had a good laugh, great guy

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3325 on: August 09, 2016, 06:07:55 AM »

I say just ignore the racist people. Be with who you want to be with. A Japanese girl liked me years ago but I didn't know how her family would feel about me being American or not fancy at all so I ignored it. I regret it now days because she was super nice and stuff. This was like way back in 10th grade for me though x.x Just too much racism now days anymore

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3326 on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:44 AM »

Protip: If you work at a call center in India and call me up identifying yourself as "Bradley" or "Jessica," I'm not gonna believe a word you tell me from that point forward.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3327 on: August 09, 2016, 01:20:33 PM »

It's about 50/50 I play like I don't know the language being spoken to me. If someone is feeling contrite about asking me if I speak Spanish or English, I will respond kindly. This contractor I did work for once was insistent on speaking to me in Spanish, so I played along for the 3 days and was amused at his broken Spanish cuz he was just letting it fly! Telling jokes, really putting effort into this, which I respected totally cuz no matter what, in California, it's such an advantage to know multiple languages cuz its very diverse here. And the ability to communicate to immigrants, he took the challenge. Well, as I was leaving, he was ok, Buenos tardes, etc etc..so I finally let it out of the bag. Word for word, can't remember but it went along the lines of "alright Brian! Take it easy! I'll see you on the next one! Thanks man!" He turned ghostly white.. saw him half a year later and he was "You SOB!! You played me the whole time??" Had a good laugh, great guy

I think I would've gotten a kick out of that--plus it would've done me some good to have someone hold my nose to the grindstone like that when it comes to practicing my Spanish, seeing as most of my teachers were from Spain or South America and I have trouble with some of the Northern Hemisphere accents to this day.

The funny part: if I had met you IRL, I wonder how long it would've taken before you stumbled onto all of the extremely nerdy stuff that I know thanks to only watching the Prequels in Spanish? Cheesy

(The Prequel dialogue annoys me less in Spanish because I have to pay attention to what's being said--and the fact that the dialogue is so dumbed-down works in my favor in a foreign language, instead of being as excruciatingly annoying.  Oh, and the guy who did the dubbing for Palpatine...man, did they ever give him just the right sneaky, seductive voice.  I could listen to that guy all day long.)

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3328 on: August 09, 2016, 02:06:02 PM »

I think I would've gotten a kick out of that--plus it would've done me some good to have someone hold my nose to the grindstone like that when it comes to practicing my Spanish, seeing as most of my teachers were from Spain or South America and I have trouble with some of the Northern Hemisphere accents to this day.

The funny part: if I had met you IRL, I wonder how long it would've taken before you stumbled onto all of the extremely nerdy stuff that I know thanks to only watching the Prequels in Spanish? Cheesy

(The Prequel dialogue annoys me less in Spanish because I have to pay attention to what's being said--and the fact that the dialogue is so dumbed-down works in my favor in a foreign language, instead of being as excruciatingly annoying.  Oh, and the guy who did the dubbing for Palpatine...man, did they ever give him just the right sneaky, seductive voice.  I could listen to that guy all day long.)

Haha! We went to Mexico in 2010 to visit my wife's family. All the American movies I saw were hilarious to hear how they translated the words I already knew were in the script. Back to the Future, dubbed, is a crack up. "Corrale, Marrty!" when Doc tells him "Run for it, Marty!" Instead of "Great Scot!" it's "Aye dios!" which means oh my God.. tons of other stuff.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3329 on: August 09, 2016, 02:16:00 PM »

LOL, see, I have the opposite problem sometimes...I have had to look up the English lines because that's not how I'm used to hearing the Prequel characters speak.  And to this day "Coruscant" does NOT sound or feel right to me pronounced the English way.  Not even joking.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: