Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1312951 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3330 on: August 09, 2016, 02:22:02 PM »

How did you get to watching the prequels in Spanish in the first place?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3331 on: August 09, 2016, 02:33:40 PM »

How did you get to watching the prequels in Spanish in the first place?

I was in college studying Spanish when they were first being released.  I started watching them in Spanish, discovered that Lucasfilm had really done a good job with the dubbing, and then ended up just leaving them that way for practice and eventually out of habit.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3332 on: August 09, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »

Oh cool. I learned Spanish at work and from my wife's family.. practice, practice, I got there kinda. I'm not fluent, I'd say I'm flu-ish. I'll watch novelas with my wife sometimes and they speak slow enough to understand. But some guys I meet at work have that slang Spanish and my brain goes into buffering mode when they start speaking. I'll roll my eyes around like the little buffering icon if someone is talking about politics, or something about things I don't know about and its boring. That, or when people talk and they often use the line "you know", I'll cut them off and say "no I don't, but do explain." Pissed them off every time I interrupt, but I'm sorry, no I don't know.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3333 on: August 09, 2016, 02:55:17 PM »

Yeah, slang is an area where I'm pretty weak.  I'm pretty sure Star Wars slang won't help me in most situations. Wink

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3334 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:00 PM »

Last day of vacation ... i check my professional e-mail just to be aware ... and i should not have to do that ... it was a a very VERY bad idea ...

I hate when people with no life try to make you feel bad for having taken vacation ... I think that tomorrow i will begin this new year by sending some e-mails with insults  Cool

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3335 on: August 09, 2016, 04:50:23 PM »

I may despise smoking but I don't think that was worth getting into a fight over.  Undecided

Don't. It opened up a valid debate.

I think that both sides of the room have valid arguments.

Yes, smokers should be considerate of how crowded an area is.

No, non-smokers should not expect smokers to only light up 5 miles from the nearest standing structure.

If you don't like that someone is smoking while walking in front of you, use your superior lung capacity to get in front of them so smoke isn't in your face. Honestly, what does one do when someone just plain stinks?

Whether you choose to smoke, or not to, don't be a dick about it.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3336 on: August 09, 2016, 06:21:01 PM »

Logos, I meant Majobu literally getting into a fistfight IRL over it.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3337 on: August 09, 2016, 10:15:05 PM »

Logos, I meant Majobu literally getting into a fistfight IRL over it.

It was a mixture of smoke with halitosis... gross...

Would I like to take that back?
On second thought, hell no!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3338 on: August 10, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »

When the internet halts on my computer because "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version XYZ" are being downloaded.  Sad

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3339 on: August 10, 2016, 10:49:18 AM »

When the internet halts on my computer because "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version XYZ" are being downloaded.  Sad
It is because Windows is the dark side!!!!!

Good luck man Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3340 on: August 12, 2016, 08:07:34 PM »

It was a mixture of smoke with halitosis... gross...

Would I like to take that back?
On second thought, hell no!

I've come across people with such bad BO that I would have gone into a smoking room just to escape the stink.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3341 on: August 12, 2016, 09:47:03 PM »

I've come across people with such bad BO that I would have gone into a smoking room just to escape the stink.

My coworker...swear on my children, everyone likes him, but dude smells foul! Like smell him from 100+ feet away bad. Stinging nostrils bad. Had to go to the port-o-potty a lil after he did once and I threw up cuz not only from his BO, but the cookie he dropped was like a concoction of smells that could take the paint off airliners

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3342 on: August 12, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »

My coworker...swear on my children, everyone likes him, but dude smells foul! Like smell him from 100+ feet away bad. Stinging nostrils bad. Had to go to the port-o-potty a lil after he did once and I threw up cuz not only from his BO, but the cookie he dropped was like a concoction of smells that could take the paint off airliners

DAMN! That's rough dude.

Sig by For Tyeth

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3343 on: August 13, 2016, 12:19:04 AM »

See, crap like that (no pun intended) somehow completely deactivates my brain-mouth filter. When I encounter something like that, there's no such thing as tact when I speak.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3344 on: August 14, 2016, 03:54:10 AM »

Ugh, some people are so tacky.  Just because you're too young and immature to a) remember a disaster, or b) appreciate how deeply it affects those of us who were old enough to remember, doesn't give you a right to tell your elders to "stop being butthurt about it," and who think that horrible things are hilarious YouTube entertainment.

Yeah, because I would totally tell my nearly 100-year-old grandparents to stop being "butthurt" about the equally awful things that happened during THEIR lifetimes.

Millennials.  I'm embarrassed to even be on the VERY tip of that generation.  Makes me almost want some of THEM to experience the worst in life and see things they will never forget.  But then, I actually appreciate the magnitude of such things to recognize why I shouldn't wish that on anybody.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: