Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1306789 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3465 on: September 19, 2016, 09:58:23 PM »

Just when my workshoes finally felt like they were broken in, now, they're just broke. I'll duct tape these suckers till I'm walking barefoot! I'm not dropping another $70 on work shoes!

They're Reeboks, that's why.  Get Terras. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3466 on: September 19, 2016, 10:58:46 PM »

When I find good shoes, I buy 4 more when they go on clearance. You can find shoes on ebay as well. 90$ shoes that I got for 30$. I've been wearing saved pairs of the same type of shoes for 4 years. Mr. Magorium had it right.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3467 on: September 20, 2016, 12:28:48 AM »

They're Reeboks, that's why.  Get Terras. Smiley

Terras?? Never heard. These are composite toe work shoes. I can wear steel toe boots. Kill me too much

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3468 on: September 20, 2016, 12:32:10 AM »

This is intentionally vague because I feel weird writing about work stuff publicly.

End of last school year, my team had a huge turnover.  Only my boss/team leader and I renewed contracts for 2016/2017 year, and we had like 4  new folk join us.  Cool.  Team Leader decided to resign to spend more with her baby.  Cool.  Team Leader names one of the newbies as interim leader for the remainder of the school year.  um...not cool.  I'm trying to reassure myself that there may be a perfectly logical reason, maybe Newbie has leadership experience that I don't, but ugggh, she's only been here a month.  She's still learning how things run.

This also came at an awful time.  My confidence has been very low over the past few weeks, buy now it is basically negative because I can't help but think I must suck at my job.

The only way you're going to actually know is to ask her why she did it. I can think of a number of speculative reasons, but they're really just guesses.

As you said, maybe newb has some kind of experience you don't.

Maybe your boss thought you wouldn't want to do it.

Maybe your boss said/wrote the wrong name by mistake and meant to have you do it.

Maybe your boss is just a jerk.

Maybe someone above her told her she had to do it.

Maybe the newb used the jedi mind trick.

Seriously, the only way you're going to have peace of mind is to ask her.

But given just the things you've said on here that you've accomplished so far in life, and everything you have going on, and HOW SUCCESSFUL YOU ARE AT ALL OF IT, you should be feeling pretty good about yourself.

In other words, Darth Glitter better get up off her butt and show the new kids how it's done.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3469 on: September 20, 2016, 01:21:21 AM »

This is intentionally vague because I feel weird writing about work stuff publicly.

End of last school year, my team had a huge turnover.  Only my boss/team leader and I renewed contracts for 2016/2017 year, and we had like 4  new folk join us.  Cool.  Team Leader decided to resign to spend more with her baby.  Cool.  Team Leader names one of the newbies as interim leader for the remainder of the school year.  um...not cool.  I'm trying to reassure myself that there may be a perfectly logical reason, maybe Newbie has leadership experience that I don't, but ugggh, she's only been here a month.  She's still learning how things run.

This also came at an awful time.  My confidence has been very low over the past few weeks, buy now it is basically negative because I can't help but think I must suck at my job.

No, it means that you're so good at your job that they can't afford to move you out of it until someone else is trained as well as you.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #3470 on: September 20, 2016, 04:44:45 AM »

Aw, I'm sorry. I've been there, and it really sucks. Why would your confidence be so low?(Feel free to not answer that if you don't feel comfortable sharing)

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3471 on: September 20, 2016, 05:35:54 AM »

Well it's 10:30 pm PST. I just sat down after running in and out of my house, washing clothes, doing homework with the kids, bathing the kids, folding laundry, prepping lunch, feeding dogs, which led to cleaning up after the dogs. All this cuz I'm outta town tomorrow night for work. Really looking forward to getting up tomorrow at 3am, on the road by 4, start working at 6:30 and probably working until 7-7:30... Bcuz of this bombshell of a schedule, I'm missing my psych appt tomorrow. Someone will feel the wrath, I vowed to unleash it

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3472 on: September 20, 2016, 10:05:04 AM »

Oh life - you really just suck ass sometimes.

That bites M5.  I gave you a DS point, but I imagine it will be gone by day's end.

It really is fruitless eh?

~sigh~

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3473 on: September 20, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »

Oh life - you really just suck ass sometimes.

That bites M5.  I gave you a DS point, but I imagine it will be gone by day's end.

It really is fruitless eh?

~sigh~

If I'm ever up or down, please get me back to 0. It's my only request. I prefer grey, Agent 0.

It's 4:05 right now and I'm still home(whoops!) but I'll be on the road in 20. Biggest struggle ahead: staying awake on the road. I hope my epiphany isn't correct, cuz I woke up a few times cuz I was in a car wreck in my dream. I'm a little freaked out, TBH

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3474 on: September 20, 2016, 11:40:30 AM »

If I'm ever up or down, please get me back to 0. It's my only request. I prefer grey, Agent 0.

It's 4:05 right now and I'm still home(whoops!) but I'll be on the road in 20. Biggest struggle ahead: staying awake on the road. I hope my epiphany isn't correct, cuz I woke up a few times cuz I was in a car wreck in my dream. I'm a little freaked out, TBH
OH OH...

I hope that isn't foreshadowing...

Keep us posted M5.

+/- 1 (zero it is - change your sig... Tongue)

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3475 on: September 20, 2016, 11:54:03 AM »

I am 40 today  Cry

Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3476 on: September 20, 2016, 12:05:54 PM »

I am 40 today  Cry

Grin
So, celebrate with something bottled on the year that you born. Smiley

Happy b-day Seb. Grin

+1

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3477 on: September 20, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

So, celebrate with something bottled on the year that you born. Smiley

Happy b-day Seb. Grin

+1

Thanks Wink

The problem is that 1976 is one of the most expensive year for Wine Smiley

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3478 on: September 20, 2016, 12:22:32 PM »

Thanks Wink

The problem is that 1976 is one of the most expensive year for Wine Smiley
Scotch?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2773

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3479 on: September 20, 2016, 12:44:56 PM »

You would adapt. It's not like the conscripted people would be forced into combat in other countries, unless the situation was an extraordinary one. They would be tasked with domestic duties primarily. They also wouldn't serve more than two years unless they wanted to and unless the military command structure allowed it.

True. I guess they could always put me to work in the Skunk Works. I'd have to be that guy that insisted we began development of this....

The Israelis keep their assault rifles. And in the 70s and even into the 80s, the AK was commonly used by the Israeli army.

And, on that note, it was quite common in Vietnam for our forces to use recovered AKs, because they were more reliable in the jungle conditions. The machining on our M-16s were so precise that even the smallest bit of dirt or mud would cause the rifle to jam, and the soldier would often have to completely disassemble and clean it. This is not very conducive to fighting and winning a war.

The AK-47, on the other hand, had a lot of wiggle room in its components. So you could literally pick it up out of a mud puddle, and it would fire almost every time, even when caked in mud. Soldiers wanted a more reliable weapon, even if it wasn't as accurate.

I've actually been saying this a lot over the last year. If you have 1 @$$hole with 10, even 30 bullets in a clip, and you have 20 people around him carrying even just 6 bullets apiece; he is @#$%ed.

I read an interesting meme the other day stating that 1 in 12 people in Switzerland owns a gun. They have the lowest crime rate in the world.

I am 40 today  Cry

Age is a state of mind. I'm only 5 years behind you, but I have the mentality of an 18yo. and it often shows.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: