Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313078 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3510 on: September 29, 2016, 02:53:31 AM »

What the heck is going on with clothes sizes now...I have shirts sized XL from 4 years ago I can still fit into..today I had to get a 3XL just to have room to move my arms....are men not supposed to have shoulders now?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3511 on: September 29, 2016, 02:57:29 AM »

What the heck is going on with clothes sizes now...I have shirts sized XL from 4 years ago I can still fit into..today I had to get a 3XL just to have room to move my arms....are men not supposed to have shoulders now?

Not since the hipsters started wearing their girlfriends' jeans, no.

Also, clothing stretches to a larger size upon repeated wearing, hence why blue jeans become SOOOOO COMFORTABLE after being owned for a while.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3512 on: September 29, 2016, 03:08:38 AM »

Ever try ordering clothes from China? A 4X over there is like a L here! The prices are cheap but damn! They don't make man size over there.
Yeah clothes just don't fit right now. I bought a pair of Van Huesan jeans a year ago and those are like I've had them for 5 years. Just comfortable. But shirts, yeah, sorry...I don't have buff guns anymore. The sleeves hug my arm pits. I need my space!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3513 on: September 29, 2016, 06:40:18 PM »

Where are you ordering from. I ordered a hoodie from this site out of china. It was an XL and I had put on a little weight, so I expected it to possibly be a little snug. Hah! I got one arm in and barely got my head in. I go to pull the rest over and the stupid thing hits me half way from my neck to shoulder. It might have fit me 20 years ago...maybe. I rechecked the size chart the next day, XL was the largest size and it didn't exceed 40" in the chest.

I had tried another article from them for my apprentice's cosplay. Made sure to check the size chart. 3XL was a 42" chest. WTF?

Not since the hipsters started wearing their girlfriends' jeans, no.

Also, clothing stretches to a larger size upon repeated wearing, hence why blue jeans become SOOOOO COMFORTABLE after being owned for a while.
Exactly so. And what's the kriffing deal with this size 0 BS? Personally I'm rather proud not to have the body of an undernourished 10yo. I earned my big ass, dammit.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3514 on: September 29, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »

My son asked a friend of his "Do you like Star Wars?"  the kid looked at him and said "I can't stand Star Wars"  My son and daughters looked at him like he had grown another head and a third eye in the middle of his forehead.  It looks like I'm raising them right. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3515 on: September 29, 2016, 06:58:43 PM »

My son asked a friend of his "Do you like Star Wars?"  the kid looked at him and said "I can't stand Star Wars"  My son and daughters looked at him like he had grown another head and a third eye in the middle of his forehead.  It looks like I'm raising them right. 
Yes, KDP, I think you are. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3516 on: September 29, 2016, 07:30:47 PM »

Just make sure they stay on the right path. I think you have a daughter with DS tendencies? Gotta watch that.  Wink

But at least they like SW. So you definitely did that part right.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3517 on: September 29, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

Exactly so. And what's the kriffing deal with this size 0 BS? Personally I'm rather proud not to have the body of an undernourished 10yo. I earned my big ass, dammit.

A friend put it best: "If I wanted the body of a 10 year old boy, I'd just swap brains with my son."

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3518 on: September 29, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »

Last one promise

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3519 on: September 30, 2016, 01:04:47 AM »

Where are you ordering from. I ordered a hoodie from this site out of china. It was an XL and I had put on a little weight, so I expected it to possibly be a little snug. Hah! I got one arm in and barely got my head in. I go to pull the rest over and the stupid thing hits me half way from my neck to shoulder. It might have fit me 20 years ago...maybe. I rechecked the size chart the next day, XL was the largest size and it didn't exceed 40" in the chest.

I had tried another article from them for my apprentice's cosplay. Made sure to check the size chart. 3XL was a 42" chest. WTF?

it was just a shirt of the rack at wal-mart

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3520 on: September 30, 2016, 02:40:26 AM »

I was getting upset at dickies cuz the size 40 doesn't fit like it used to, but, no...I can only blame myself for years of bad eating

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #3521 on: September 30, 2016, 04:48:50 PM »

I was getting upset at dickies cuz the size 40 doesn't fit like it used to, but, no...I can only blame myself for years of bad eating

In the last couple of years, I've actually lost weight, but for some reason (I blame changes in manufacturing locations, ie, moving to other countries) my size 40 waist requires buying jeans that are anywhere from 42-46, depending on the brand.  I can't understand how losing nearly 50lbs, dropping from a size 46 to a 40 (almost a 38) makes me keep buying bigger pants, but if I put on a pair of the size 44's I was in two years ago I can fit them on with my arms at my side inside the waistband.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3522 on: September 30, 2016, 09:05:42 PM »

In the last couple of years, I've actually lost weight, but for some reason (I blame changes in manufacturing locations, ie, moving to other countries) my size 40 waist requires buying jeans that are anywhere from 42-46, depending on the brand.  I can't understand how losing nearly 50lbs, dropping from a size 46 to a 40 (almost a 38) makes me keep buying bigger pants, but if I put on a pair of the size 44's I was in two years ago I can fit them on with my arms at my side inside the waistband.

Lol! Good for you on the weight loss!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3523 on: October 01, 2016, 08:48:58 PM »

Heh, I was just ranting about this same thing this morning.  I have been the exact same size since 2009 and I recently went to my favorite store to buy new pants.  I'm a size 10(ish) and I couldn't even get the pants over my thighs?  They were the same cut and EVERYTHING!  Went to a different store and my regular size fit just fine.  Went to ANOTHER store, got super irritated, and just bought some men's 32's and they were a great fit.  Kriff it.

Also, let's rant about boots.  I bought some boots for my Kylo Ren costume online and since I have many pairs of tall boots, I assumed these would be just fine.

WRONG.  The inside of the boot has a twelve inch circumference.  TWELVE. INCHES.  Maybe a 10-year old can wear boots that snug, but uh, not me?  I measured my calves to see how big they were and they're 14 inches.  Apparently,  anything 14 and above requires "wide width" calves in this particular brand.  Also, any number above size 8 in women's clothing is now "plus sized.  The fashion industry needs to stop smoking crack.

Now, I do have to buy men's dress shirts because of my shoulders, but I've always been that way.  I like my manly shoulders, dammit.  Wink

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3524 on: October 01, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

Heh, I was just ranting about this same thing this morning.  I have been the exact same size since 2009 and I recently went to my favorite store to buy new pants.  I'm a size 10(ish) and I couldn't even get the pants over my thighs?  They were the same cut and EVERYTHING!  Went to a different store and my regular size fit just fine.  Went to ANOTHER store, got super irritated, and just bought some men's 32's and they were a great fit.  Kriff it.

Also, let's rant about boots.  I bought some boots for my Kylo Ren costume online and since I have many pairs of tall boots, I assumed these would be just fine.

WRONG.  The inside of the boot has a twelve inch circumference.  TWELVE. INCHES.  Maybe a 10-year old can wear boots that snug, but uh, not me?  I measured my calves to see how big they were and they're 14 inches.  Apparently,  anything 14 and above requires "wide width" calves in this particular brand.  Also, any number above size 8 in women's clothing is now "plus sized.  The fashion industry needs to stop smoking crack.

Now, I do have to buy men's dress shirts because of my shoulders, but I've always been that way.  I like my manly shoulders, dammit.  Wink

and that is the opposite issue I am having... all the men shirts I have bought lately have NO room for my shoulders

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: