Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313315 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3630 on: October 16, 2016, 04:21:23 AM »

You wouldn't happen to be a Nuc Tech in Kansas would ya? Cuz that's about what that coworker was mad at me about. I didn't always understand his advice, and it often didn't apply to my real problem. His way and my understanding didn't fit. I respected him, so I asked how he saw things. It helped me understand sometimes. But, I couldn't always complete his way even when I tried. I don't know your specific situation, so I don't mean to say you don't have right to frustration in it. "Ask-hole" just tapped that memory of my experience where I was not treated fairly when he let his hang ups hurt me. Regardless of whether or not he liked the way I did things, we needed to work together. Act like a grown up. I didn't try to control him. He shouldn't be upset when I don't go out of my way to be controlled by him. I made a lot of adaptations he apparently didn't register, even when things fell apart when I wasn't there. I'm good at solving problems for other people. Forming plans that don't require others to think about it is an ability I discovered after becoming a professional. I'm not good at following advice when I don't understand things the same way as others. I'm just too human that way.

Nope. That's not me. I'm a teacher.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3631 on: October 16, 2016, 05:03:28 AM »

I didn't actually think your were him. I left off the intended  Wink after my sentence.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3632 on: October 16, 2016, 05:11:06 AM »

I didn't actually think your were him. I left off the intended  Wink after my sentence.

I know.

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3633 on: October 16, 2016, 05:14:40 PM »

I feel that pain, but I've been on the other side too often when it's not fair.

Valuing your opinion doesn't mean bowing to your every word. It's not always possible to take other's advice.

My roommate in college almost never followed my advice right. He'd get it all backwards and blame me when it failed.

A coworker almost never understood my problem, so his advice neither applied nor worked. He held a grudge for exactly this. Yet, he told me I was the only one he could talk to about religion, because I was the only one who listened to him without forcing my way on him. Hypocrite.

Be a friend.  Cheesy Listen.  Cry Offer understanding and new ways to look at things.  Grin Let your friend make choices.  Undecided

Or don't take my advice.  Cool I'm trying to help, not invalidate.

Speaking of "you" in the collective here . . .

If you know in advance that you are not going to take or consider the advice offered, do everyone involved a favor and don't ask for it.  It's completely different if you ask for an opinion and find that the opinion does not suit you.  But to REPEATEDLY ask, knowing the answer and knowing you intend to discard it?  What are you doing, man.  Stop that crap.  Go find the solution yourself and quit bothering your friends about it.  It doesn't mean someone is being a bad friend if they say, "Listen, you've repeatedly asked for my thoughts on this and I've told you what they are.  I'm not telling you again."  

Wanting to vent to a friend is different.  Asking them repeatedly, "What should I do about this thing?" and then treating that person's time as if it disposable and a waste of your own is unacceptable and inconsiderate.  And yes, I WILL have a problem with being treated that way and I'm 100% entitled to be annoyed.  Anyone else is also entitled to be annoyed with this kind of nonsense.   Wink

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #3634 on: October 16, 2016, 05:59:02 PM »

Speaking of "you" in the collective here . . .

If you know in advance that you are not going to take or consider the advice offered, do everyone involved a favor and don't ask for it.  It's completely different if you ask for an opinion and find that the opinion does not suit you.  But to REPEATEDLY ask, knowing the answer and knowing you intend to discard it?  What are you doing, man.  Stop that crap.  Go find the solution yourself and quit bothering your friends about it.  It doesn't mean someone is being a bad friend if they say, "Listen, you've repeatedly asked for my thoughts on this and I've told you what they are.  I'm not telling you again."  

Wanting to vent to a friend is different.  Asking them repeatedly, "What should I do about this thing?" and then treating that person's time as if it disposable and a waste of your own is unacceptable and inconsiderate.  And yes, I WILL have a problem with being treated that way and I'm 100% entitled to be annoyed.  Anyone else is also entitled to be annoyed with this kind of nonsense.   Wink

I totally agree!!!!  I have had this happen many times, especially as a cop.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3635 on: October 16, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »

Do young people now just have no sense of how to behave in public?   I went to the book store today (to pick up the Ahsoka novel) and decided to peruse the Fantasy section.  When I got there 5 college age people  were sprawled out on the floor blocking the section ......   Books, bookbags, papers etc all over floor.  T o make it worse a few employees walked past and said nothing!  Luckily they got up and left before my ire reached critical.  But as I went around the store I noticed more people just sitting on the floor chit chatting or reading..and not like a quick peruse to see if they wanted it....they were treating it as a library.  Just when I thought it couldn't be worse I stopped into the starbucks in the store and people had just brought books from the shelves to read with no intention of buying them. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #3636 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:56 AM »

Do young people now just have no sense of how to behave in public?   I went to the book store today (to pick up the Ahsoka novel) and decided to peruse the Fantasy section.  When I got there 5 college age people  were sprawled out on the floor blocking the section ......   Books, bookbags, papers etc all over floor.  T o make it worse a few employees walked past and said nothing!  Luckily they got up and left before my ire reached critical.  But as I went around the store I noticed more people just sitting on the floor chit chatting or reading..and not like a quick peruse to see if they wanted it....they were treating it as a library.  Just when I thought it couldn't be worse I stopped into the starbucks in the store and people had just brought books from the shelves to read with no intention of buying them.  

Ugh, crap like that enrages me!  This is a similar example, but perhaps a bit more extreme.  I went to the local supermarket here and these two teenage boys were taking turns pushing each other in a basket and generally being loud, obnoxious, and making a scene.  They actually bumped the back of my ankle (I had on sandals) and when I turned around and snapped at them to watch what the hell they were doing, they acted like I was the most offensive person on the planet.  And the employees did NOTHING until I went to the front and complained about it.

Listen, I'm all for having fun, but don't be a nuisance.  And DO NOT keep my from my Arctic Zero, because I will end you.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3637 on: October 17, 2016, 12:56:12 AM »

Ugh, crap like that enrages me!  This is a similar example, but perhaps a bit more extreme.  I went to the local supermarket here and these two teenage boys were taking turns pushing each other in a basket and generally being loud, obnoxious, and making a scene.  They actually bumped the back of my ankle (I had on sandals) and when I turned around and snapped at them to watch what the hell they were doing, they acted like I was the most offensive person on the planet.  And the employees did NOTHING until I went to the front and complained about it.

Listen, I'm all for having fun, but don't be a nuisance.  And DO NOT keep my from my Arctic Zero, because I will end you.

Exactly.  I did (and do) a lot of crazy things for fun...but never where it will interfere with other people.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3638 on: October 17, 2016, 04:11:41 AM »

I think alot of people are not confrontational, and its not bad, but show some problem solving communicational skills.
Slobs on the floor on the bookstore: get your A$$ up and find a goddam table. Teen tards: stop trying so hard to make a scene, and go somewhere else and live. The oil change place I go to is right by a middle school and I was there 2 weeks ago at the time they got out. All these kids coming by and yelling, making noise, laughing, acting immature, girls giggling, boys pushing each other.. I told the guy "is this what you gotta deal with daily?" He rolled his eyes in disgust; says it's worse some days. When I was that age, I was afraid I was gonna get chewed out, didn't even wanna look in an adult's direction. Different times, different parenting.
And on that note, we went to a trampoline place yesterday..kids party place, for my cousin's son's bday party. My son couldn't jump cuz his broken arm, but the other kids at the party! Holy hell! Like they've been raised by imbeciles! Screaming at the top of their lungs cuz the pizza showed up, sticking their fingers in the cake. Temper tantrums. I'm not the best parent, but my kids were even like WTF!!! My oldest was like "these kids are crazy".
And one more, on the same-ish topic. What ever happened to normal names? John, Michael, Matthew, Nick.. no, it's a bunch of Skylars, Braydens, Ryker... And the girls, pobrecitas.. the lame moms name them anything they think is beautiful, and its always almost awful. Midnight.....yeah, what's her shortened name, Midnie??

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3639 on: October 17, 2016, 04:37:44 AM »

I think alot of people are not confrontational, and its not bad, but show some problem solving communicational skills.
Slobs on the floor on the bookstore: get your A$$ up and find a goddam table. Teen tards: stop trying so hard to make a scene, and go somewhere else and live. The oil change place I go to is right by a middle school and I was there 2 weeks ago at the time they got out. All these kids coming by and yelling, making noise, laughing, acting immature, girls giggling, boys pushing each other.. I told the guy "is this what you gotta deal with daily?" He rolled his eyes in disgust; says it's worse some days. When I was that age, I was afraid I was gonna get chewed out, didn't even wanna look in an adult's direction. Different times, different parenting.
And on that note, we went to a trampoline place yesterday..kids party place, for my cousin's son's bday party. My son couldn't jump cuz his broken arm, but the other kids at the party! Holy hell! Like they've been raised by imbeciles! Screaming at the top of their lungs cuz the pizza showed up, sticking their fingers in the cake. Temper tantrums. I'm not the best parent, but my kids were even like WTF!!! My oldest was like "these kids are crazy".
And one more, on the same-ish topic. What ever happened to normal names? John, Michael, Matthew, Nick.. no, it's a bunch of Skylars, Braydens, Ryker... And the girls, pobrecitas.. the lame moms name them anything they think is beautiful, and its always almost awful. Midnight.....yeah, what's her shortened name, Midnie??

Eh, I'm fine with non "normal" names... I mean look what our ancestors names were like.  Caveat though, as long as it has SOME kind of meaning either by origin or personal (named after someone close).

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3640 on: October 17, 2016, 04:44:05 AM »

Eh, I'm fine with non "normal" names... I mean look what our ancestors names were like.  Caveat though, as long as it has SOME kind of meaning either by origin or personal (named after someone close).

It's the trying to hard to be unique that gets me. And spell it right!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3641 on: October 17, 2016, 06:37:55 AM »

I zeroed you out, Jobu.  Wink

Oop, reminded myself of this.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3642 on: October 17, 2016, 11:07:14 AM »

It's the trying to hard to be unique that gets me. And spell it right!

On the names front:

For a good kaugh, Google "George Carlin goofy boy names." I won't post it here, because it is definitely NSFW language, but it's hilarious.

And then there's this one, because it hits really close to home for me, being a teacher who works inner city. A little bit of language, so be careful. They have a few of these

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd7FixvoKBw</a>

And this one, too. No language, and it's part of a series as well.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss</a>

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #3643 on: October 17, 2016, 11:35:09 AM »

I came one hour EARLIER for a lecture today .... Wake up one hour earlier than needed .... ARGHHHH 

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3644 on: October 17, 2016, 12:02:14 PM »

I zeroed you out, Jobu.  Wink

Oop, reminded myself of this.

Whoa! That thing is disgusting!! Lol

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print