Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1313442 times)
Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3675 on: October 18, 2016, 03:09:11 AM »

^ Ultimate FP!

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3676 on: October 18, 2016, 03:19:39 AM »

^ Ultimate FP!

Lol! Shamelessly, I always Tiger fist pump.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3677 on: October 18, 2016, 03:52:26 AM »

Have you ever written out a response to a post, well thought out, relevant, and fairly meaningful, and then deleted it because there was no point in posting it because it would go right over the head of the person it was directed to?

Yeah, I've done that 8 times in the last three days (only 5 of them have been for the same person).

Seriously agreeing with Darth Knox on a number of things.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3678 on: October 18, 2016, 04:00:41 AM »

Have you ever written out a response to a post, well thought out, relevant, and fairly meaningful, and then deleted it because there was no point in posting it because it would go right over the head of the person it was directed to?

Yeah, I've done that 8 times in the last three days (only 5 of them have been for the same person).

I've deleted a lot of replies for a lot of reasons.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3679 on: October 18, 2016, 04:13:27 AM »

I preview before I post sometimes. I lose focus at times with other conversations going on, TV, what not. I just have to stop and not swear, but delete, very rare

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3680 on: October 18, 2016, 07:07:05 AM »

You can't win, but there are alternatives to fighting.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #3681 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:04 AM »

You can't win, but there are alternatives to fighting.

Sorry, my first thought at that picture was "Letting people step on you."  Probably not what you meant  Wink

Yes, I'm doing my absolute best to ignore those that bother me.  It's not easy.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3682 on: October 18, 2016, 07:53:14 AM »

I get irritated when other one man saber-smiths don't give a time frame for jobs they are very quick to accept and invoice for, but go on radio silence after that with little updates. For those of you who may be saber-smiths reading this, it's important to update your customers even if you turn out to be much busier than expected.

Unlike Ultrasabers, which has the fastest turn around and consistency in service. Wish it was the same for others.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3683 on: October 18, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »

That's a lot.

There's been a number of times that I didn't go on a thread though, because I didn't like the way it was going or the general attitude of it.

There's been other times though, that I have replied - and thought to myself "Oh here we go.  What have I gotten myself into now?"
Sometimes that turns out to be just the "shot in the arm" that thread needed though.

I find the need for levity has gone up a bit though.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2774

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3684 on: October 18, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »

My friend's cousin named her kid . . .  CANNON.   Like, goes BOOM. 

Also?  At my job, I put in contracts for band instrument rentals and the student's name has to be on the contract.  Here are some spellings I've seen:

Camryn
LeighAyne
Camerin
Joseff
D'Anna (Deanna!!!)
Tiphanee
Jaykob

What the kriff, don't be a phonetic idiot.
I remember you going off about this before. Did I ever tell you about La-ah (pronounced Lә-DASH-uh)? True story.

Oh, I know. Talk to me when you come across a name with a dash in it. And you have to say it. "Dash."

La-a is pronounced Ladasha.

Never mind ~¿~

*cracks knuckles*

Ok, here we go. My autocorrect is going to hate me, and I'm going to completely wreck my phone's dictionary.

Now that we've covered La-a.

Let's start with this.

Yes, I've had a student named Seven.
Aanas and Anious. Just think of how those might be mispronounced.
Telica is pronounced Tuh-lee-see-uh. In case you were wondering.
I'm sorry I called you Jor-day-n on the first day of class, but don't get mad at me. Get mad at your mother. She's the one that spelled it Jordayn and not Jordan, like you want it pronounced.
It's Jacqueline. It's not Jack-uh-line (line!). Yes, somebody wanted their daughter to have her name pronounced Jack-uh-line.
I've had a Christ, Messiah, and God.
King and his sister Queen'ya (pronounced queen-yay).
I've had more Princes than I can count. Don't ever name your kid a title, because that's how they'll act, and they'll feel they're entitled to all the royal treatment allowed on earth.
And don't name them adjectives, either. Patience? Yeah, you're testing mine. Neveah (very common)? Yeah, this is going to be the reverse of Heaven, alright. Shewonderful? She ain't. Malus (pronounced malice) and Sassy? Actually, they were pretty good kids. I miss them.
I've had a Sir and a Syre (pronounced sire).
Aprell is not a good name for a boy. Period.
I've had a parent named Satin. Except it was spelled Satan. There was an awkward first phone call from another teacher in my school when she called asking asking to speak to Satan. No it wasn't me.
I know your name is Dexter, and your wife's name is Brittany, but that doesn't mean Dexttany is a good name. They're going to think she can't spell Destiny.
Sema'J (pronounced seh-mah-jay) is just James spelled backwards with a comma to the top (*wink wink, nudge nudge* Noctis). Just name him James.
And the one I got my first year of teaching...
Kalcjea is not how you spell Kalaysia.
And that's just what I can remember off the top of my head without doing any real thinking.

My cousin's boyfriend is named Aaron, but because of that bit on Key and Peele, we all call him A-aron.

Like I said, I don't mind unique names as long as there is a good reason or history.

I have an Ozell and Zelda in my family for instance. 

You just reminded me, I had a great grandmother named Zelfa. One might think it was just a typo that was never corrected. Undecided

No, but every once in a while I'll type out a rather lengthy response to something and then accidentally hit "Show new replies" instead of "Post. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I remembered what I wanted to rant about yesterday. Angry

Guys that have this absurd need to show off how ridiculously inadequate their manhood is by driving the biggest, loudest, polluting-est, POS truck they can get their hands on. I got stuck 2 kriffing blocks behind one of these #@$%heads the other day, and was still choking on the black cloud he left behind. I honestly wanted to catch up to him just so I could flip him off. Seriously. Just get a neon sign that declares that your anatomical inferiority is hopeless to please a woman.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3685 on: October 18, 2016, 07:31:28 PM »

My coworker is the one with big trucks, yet, won't drive on dirt roads. These dudes annoy me too. Little man syndrome

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #3686 on: October 18, 2016, 07:37:17 PM »

It annoys me that you see those people who buy a big pickup, yet get offended or downright angry if you suggest hauling stuff in the back end.

Them: "I don't want to haul anything because it will scratch the paint!"
Me: "Dude, that's the PURPOSE of a pickup, you backbirth!"

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3687 on: October 18, 2016, 07:45:07 PM »

Back to the name thing for just a moment. I can't believe I forgot these.

My first year of teaching I had a student named Reggie. He had a brother named Reggie. And a sister named Regina.

I told this story often at my current school, but a lot of people thought I was making it up. Until we got Shameek, his younger brother Shameek, and their sister Shamyla.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3688 on: October 18, 2016, 07:50:45 PM »

Some people just deserved to be pistol whipped. Just pan to the cerebral cortex

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3689 on: October 18, 2016, 07:51:58 PM »

Back to the name thing for just a moment. I can't believe I forgot these.

My first year of teaching I had a student named Reggie. He had a brother named Reggie. And a sister named Regina.

I told this story often at my current school, but a lot of people thought I was making it up. Until we got Shameek, his younger brother Shameek, and their sister Shamyla.

How creative.  ^^^  Roll Eyes

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: